3 replies to this topic

#1 windpoacher

windpoacher

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 07:50 PM

Do you use the pre knoted leaders that come with the b-series, or do you use even longer ones ? With average winds do you fly with the 2 wrap or the 3 wrap frame, or combo ? and light winds, are a short line set better ?............I have NO WIND right now, and i was wondering what you use ,or prefer, can't fly so I'll post .....thank's
..........................W I N D P O A C H E R..........................
...........................thank god for wind..........................
............................thank him often..........................

#2 Simon

Simon

Rev Legend

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 01:59 AM

Do you use the pre knoted leaders that come with the b-series, or do you use even  longer ones ?   With average winds do you fly with the 2 wrap or the 3 wrap frame,  or combo ?   and light winds, are a short line set better ?............I have NO WIND right now, and i was wondering what you  use ,or prefer, can't fly so I'll post .....thank's

Hi, We use our own set of Leaders (personally have for years) bottom we have a very short leader only two knots. Usually only every use the knot closest to the handles.

Upper Leader, has a un knotted part that gives the flying angle, then knots every inch for about 6 - 7 inches.

Lately, been using the Race frame for light wind, as it seem stiffer than a 2 wrap and therefore converts more wind power into flight.

don't use combo's, have enough problems deciding on which "set" to use anyway :blue-grin:

Short lines are good in light wind as you have less line weight, however you can get higher and therefore might find some wind with longer lines.

Raining so I'll post  :kid_cussing:

The Flying Squad

Posted Image

#3 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:25 AM

Do you use the pre knoted leaders that come with the b-series, or do you use even longer ones ? With average winds do you fly with the 2 wrap or the 3 wrap frame, or combo ? and light winds, are a short line set better ?............I have NO WIND right now, and i was wondering what you use ,or prefer, can't fly so I'll post .....thank's

When flying outdoors, I use my own leaders that I knotted myself. On these handles, the bottom leaders are very short, and the top leaders are extended an extra bit. On my rev indoor, I fly with the regular B-Series leaders, but I also have adjustments on the kite itself to give me extra brake.

The majority of the time that I am flying, I use Race Rods. For around here, it handles the gusty, variable winds very well.

In light wind.. it depends on the extreme of lightness. If I can feel the slightest bit of air movement, I will use 120 foot lines. If the wind is absolutely still, I'll use 30 foot lines. The really short lines take off a lot of weight from the longer lines. Plus, if you are flying in variable wind conditions, the short lines make it much faster to move around the wind window to compensate for changing directions.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#4 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:53 AM

I've used my own leaders for years, now!! I'm in the middle as far as lines - I use a 50#x50' set for almost all my flying here in the valley! That and my SUL, they've opened up a lot more flying in this area when the winds are less than ideal!! :) Let's me fit in small areas and is short enough to keep up with direction changes!! Would love to have a longer set though, for the beach and where ever there is room!! :)

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users