83 replies to this topic

#81 katrina

katrina

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:39 AM

I had to play with this, too. I've always had a thing for purple and yellow, so I made a matched set. I like some better than others. Anyone else have a favorite in this set?

Well since you asked, I prefer the standard and vented. I think because they have more black. To me, for a purple and yellow combo you need the black for balance and accent, since both colors are very bright. Almost fluorescent.

Can I play too? Purple and black just seems like a fun challenge.

yellow black.jpg yellowblack.png

Just pretend all my statements are prefaced with IIRC, AFAIK, IMHO, and end with "Just my $.02," okay?
(And stop asking for cookies, all you new darkside converts! It was all just a ruse to get you here!)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#82 Tim

Tim
  • Forum Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:31 PM

Hey Ben D.,

How about a colorizer for the Eliot Shook vented?

Any chance of making that happen?

Adam

I've been drooling over his "mesh" revs for quite some time. I'm getting tempted to let him do the designing, because I've missed spring winds trying to come up with my own design, and now there's no way I'll be able to fly it for a few months.

However, i have a passable graphical model of his mesh rev in Fireworks (old graphics editor), and i can export it to Photoshop. This gives you colorizer-like behavior. If you're interested, send me a PM with what graphical program(s) you use and we'll see if I can send you a version that will work for you.

And maybe Eliot would give me a discount if I ported the Fireworks version over to Flash... Been a long time since i used flash, so I don't know how much work it would be... or how picky and demanding his customers would be. :-)

#83 rexracer

rexracer
  • Forum Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:04 PM

When I did these the first time, I started with the Std. I ended up changing some things to make it work with the other models, and ended up liking the Vented best, so I had to re-do them with some mods to make the set more consistant. This will be my Pro set if I ever get the cash to get them.

Attached Thumbnails

• Pro set.jpg

#84 Moggy

Moggy
  • Forum Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:06 AM

A few colorized colourised (sorry, I'm English Posted Image ) designs.

Posted Image

PS > Hope Baz didn't mind me testing what his excellent Zen looked like. Saw a photo of Baz' Zen upside down when I was browsing the gallery and liked it, a great design, wanted to see what it looked like upright! Wouldn't dream of copying it of course but it served as great inspiration (as you can probably see, I'm a sucker for rainbow fades).

The Hot one was also taken from elsewhere, found on MidWestKites. Looked so vibrant and literally zinging! Posted Image

Also loved RevWizard's avatar of his vented black+spectral fade too. Sky Puppet's Pink Floyd tribute earlier in the thread is genius.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users