5 replies to this topic

#1 Adam

Adam

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:15 PM

I just purchase my first Revolution kite, and am eagerly awaiting its arrival. I have plenty of experience with two line kites, but this will be my first with a Rev. I'm hoping for success!
"It was the wind Captain"

#2 mbro

mbro

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:50 PM

Cool Adam, Welcome to the "DARK SIDE", hope you have good luck with it. Lots of good folks on here to help you out if you run into problems, just ask. Above all "Have fun".
mbro
By the way, which one did you get?
"But now, we are free. We are up; we are off..."

#3 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:10 PM

First thing - If the kite comes with a DVD or video tape - WATCH IT!! :):) Most of what you learned on two lines will not work on the 4 line Rev!! :blink: Really pay attention to the tape or DVD, it teaches the basics pretty well!! John B. has a number of tutorials on Revs, you would be well served to watch as many as you can!! Most of all - PRACTICE!!! Welcome to the DARKSIDE!! :)

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#4 Adam

Adam

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 05:40 PM

I spent almost two hours with my Rev 1.5 SLE in a 12 to 20 MPH wind. It was great. I had a few unplanned landings, but in only a few minutes I was doing controlled landings and launches, 360's both directions, figure eights, and flying back and forth accross the window. I did drop the kite straight out of the sky twice from top center of the window (it almost landed on my head)Posted Image . I even did a few inverted launches, and rolled the kite from an inverted landing to right side up.

I was so concerned that I was not going to be able to fly the Rev, but I think those worries are behind me now. I cant wat to get out there again with my Rev.

I am planning on going down to the Washington Monument and flying there on Sunday, and hope to see some other Rev flers there.

Lets hope for some good wind!

Rev rules! What am I going to do with all of my dual line kites?
"It was the wind Captain"

#5 mbro

mbro

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 06:16 PM

No looking back now! HOOK,LINE, and SINKER!!!!!!
"But now, we are free. We are up; we are off..."

#6 Steve de Rooy

Steve de Rooy

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 08:36 PM

Welcome Adam... hope you have a great time with your new Rev...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users