3 replies to this topic

#1 David M

David M

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:29 PM

I live inland and unfortunately the wind is either strong or light.I've got a Rev 1.5 SLE for the stronger wind.What would you reccomend for the lighter winds.I have the UL (3 feather ) rods with the SLE.Would a full vented be handy in the stronger windsPosted Image
David M.....Just a (slightly ) over aged guy playing with kites......and LOVIN' it

#2 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:46 PM

I live inland and unfortunately the wind is either strong or light.I've got a Rev 1.5 SLE for the stronger wind.What would you reccomend for the lighter winds.I have the UL (3 feather ) rods with the SLE.Would a full vented be handy in the stronger windsPosted Image

If the LE has the larger diameter SLE rod, change them out for the 3 feather(wrap) rods. That being the same as the down rods. The SLE rod is actually not bad in the stronger winds. However it does make the rev a bit more radical and not as precise.
You could also consider the race rods for those lighter winds. Roughly speaking, they have the toughness of the 3 wrap and the weight of the 2 wrap.
If you got the cash, go for a vented for the really strong winds.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#3 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:32 PM

If you have a 1.5 SLE, then you have a great light to medium wind kite!! :kid_smartass: I would agree that to give you a better choice in higher winds, a vented can handle really good winds!! :kid_content: Use the smaller 1/4" rods, 3 wrap, or 4 wrap will handle just about any winds you'll encounter!! If you can afford them, race rods will lower the wind range needed to fly either kite! The nice thing is that all the frames are interchangeable, so you can swap them into either kite as the wind dictates!! :kid_content:

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#4 David M

David M

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:23 PM

Thanks guys I have changed to the 3 wrap and they seem to handle the fairly strong wind tooPosted Image
David M.....Just a (slightly ) over aged guy playing with kites......and LOVIN' it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users