138 replies to this topic

#121 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:06 AM

Thanks to everyone who took pictures at WSIKF and posted them!! :)

Have Rev, Will Travel

My YouTube Channel - Thanks for watching smile.png

#122 Exile

Exile

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:48 PM

Sorry that it took me so long to get them up. The photographs that I took at the event are now in my Gallery.
Please respect my copyright. Images are for personal use only, and not for redistribution. If prints are wanted just ask, and we can work something out.
Thanks!!
KL# 881
RG# 558

#123 Murph

Murph

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:54 PM

I wonder did you get participants to sign a release form ...what with them posing for all those photos Posted Image

Chris

#124 flyinken

flyinken

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:59 PM

Nice blog Bart.

Agreed with Thursdays weather posting. But to add an interesting note.

When I left the beach Thurs afternoon, went to Wildwood campground for the night. Maybe 1/4 east of the main highway through town, the cold and windy conditions were gone.
The wind and overcast were just mostly along the western beach area.

I think Howard and I talked some about this.

Regarding the flying fields. The walk to C and D was a bit much. I did not fly last year, so sounds like eveyone felt isolated from the fest.

Going with Waynes idea about a shuttle.:lol:

Ken

#125 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:14 PM

The weather there is more fickled than it is here which I thought was impossible! Maybe the forecast for Thursday was right on the money just not at the beach! I dressed that day for what was supposed to be sunny and warm so it was an uncomfortable cold day for me.

Last year way down at the south end it was like we had our own little festival going on. Our own sound system and flyers doing demos all the time. Yes there were spectators enjoying it but one couldn't help but feel we had our own private show and the demos were more for the flyers by the flyers. It was also a lot less walking on sand to get to and from and there were washrooms right there.

Of course the down side was the walk to the main area, but I think the positive out weighed any negative overall. I wouldn't mind being back in that area again.

The hike to "C" was bloody long and each day it would get longer again as equipment was moved back and forth to the parking lot. "B" was only slightly better IMO.

Glad you liked the blog. I have a summary to add to it yet just been a bit lazy and wanted everything to sink in before writing it.

Bart

#126 Exile

Exile

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:04 PM

Who took the pics of that Ultra Micro Rev? I'd like to get copies of that, and the videos if at all possible. That was an awesome little kite, and I'd like to see that thing again.
Thanks!!
KL# 881
RG# 558

#127 goestoeleven

goestoeleven

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:56 PM

Who took the pics of that Ultra Micro Rev? I'd like to get copies of that, and the videos if at all possible. That was an awesome little kite, and I'd like to see that thing again.
Thanks!!

Yes, it was hilarious to fly and awesome at the same time! I think I have some pics and maybe a few seconds of video, but they are on my daughter's camera (and she's in bed). I'm swamped at work for the next week or so, so if I forget to send you something or post it in the gallery, PM me in a few days. I'll need a break from work (like what I'm doing right now).

ike_member.png and 180GO-100.png

#128 flyinken

flyinken

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:52 PM

So a rev smaller then a 2, that will be cool to see pics and vids.

Ken

#129 Exile

Exile

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:36 AM

So a rev smaller then a 2, that will be cool to see pics and vids.
Ken

A lost smaller. Micro, doesn't do it justice. Think Nano. The things wingspan was a foot or less if I remember correctly
KL# 881
RG# 558

#130 goestoeleven

goestoeleven

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:38 PM

A lost smaller. Micro, doesn't do it justice. Think Nano. The things wingspan was a foot or less if I remember correctly

It was absolutely tiny and was really, really fast turning and flying around. Felt way faster than any speed series - partly because of the scale involved and how fast it turned. Picture matchbox cars - they travel 300mph if they were scaled up to full size. It also required extremely tiny inputs on the handles. If I recall, the handles were bic pens or something like that.

Haven't found the pics yet.

#131 Exile

Exile

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:59 PM

It was absolutely tiny and was really, really fast turning and flying around. Felt way faster than any speed series - partly because of the scale involved and how fast it turned. Picture matchbox cars - they travel 300mph if they were scaled up to full size. It also required extremely tiny inputs on the handles. If I recall, the handles were bic pens or something like that.

Haven't found the pics yet.

Handles were tooth brush handles. they were a little too long though I think. And inputs were extremely EXTREMELY tiny. Like millimeters to fractions of millimeters tiny.
KL# 881
RG# 558

#132 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:08 PM

I flew a small once in Cervia once. It was about 8-10 inches wide. Handles looked like the real thing, only miniature around 2-3 inches long. The guy said he didn't think I could fly because he couldn't. It was actually quite easy for me. This all was back around 2003.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#133 goestoeleven

goestoeleven

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:25 PM

Finally found the pics. That afternoon was pretty cloudy & windy with fog, so most of the images did not turn out very well. Here's one:

Posted Image

#134 Exile

Exile

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:00 PM

AWESOME!!!!!!!! Thank you!!! Bigger than I thought it was though. If you wouldn't mind, could you send me the all the images to my email. I'll see what I can do to clean them up with the software that I have.
Awesome! Thank you again!!
I want one of these.. Actually a few of these would be really cool to have.
KL# 881
RG# 558

#135 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:26 PM

I flew a small once in Cervia once. It was about 8-10 inches wide. Handles looked like the real thing, only miniature around 2-3 inches long. The guy said he didn't think I could fly because he couldn't. It was actually quite easy for me. This all was back around 2003.

I found a photo of the one I was talking about. It appears about 10" wider then what I stated at around 18-20".

International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

#136 katrina

katrina

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:38 PM

I had the handles in my hands, but I cannot say that I flew it. :blushing: But I did try, I really did. I laughed so hard that I cried. Lots of fun, that mini. Fun yes. But do I want one, NO! Harder than :censored: to fly. CJ, aka exile, our resident novice, of course had no trouble with it. :kid_content:

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7d6a219c-f09c-4ff7-bfe6-def4ee70537f.jpg 7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpg   9318e0ca-5fb4-4414-ba00-6101d95edf46.jpg   7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg   

#137 makatakam

makatakam

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:40 PM

I have more than enough "scraps" from other builds, so I'm considering having a go at building it. Can you tell us what was used for spars, connectors, bungee,sail material, etc.?
Mark

Posted Image

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go."
CSN&Y

#138 goestoeleven

goestoeleven

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:52 PM

AWESOME!!!!!!!! Thank you!!! Bigger than I thought it was though. If you wouldn't mind, could you send me the all the images to my email. I'll see what I can do to clean them up with the software that I have.
Awesome! Thank you again!!
I want one of these.. Actually a few of these would be really cool to have.

Yeah, you could fly a stack of these!! :lol:

Someone will have to work out the Rev-scale numbering for the size of the kite. I'm guessing that it's about a Rev-4 or Rev-5 on the Rev1-Rev 1.5-Rev 2 scale (unless it's a log scale . . . )

Mark - Neither CJ nor Katrina are the builder, but maybe they know what materials were used. I imagine the sail material is "normal" and the leading edge is probably normal (or smaller diameter) spar materials. I'll bet the end caps could be your "bic pen" end cap solution. Bridle is probably spectra.

#139 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:42 PM

Yeah, you could fly a stack of these!! :lol:

These are a bit larger with a width of 80cm. If I remember correctly, the LE rod is 5mm and the down rods are 3mm.
This all was back in 1995. They went to a kite auction in Scheveningen, Netherlands.

Attached Thumbnails

• 199517-14.jpg
  • 199517-02.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users