Rev Team Routines

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cass

Cass
  • Forum Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:52 PM

We just returned from the Washington State International Kite Festival. What a wonderful experience. Thank you to everyone for being patient and sharing their experience with us.

We encountered for the first time a number of team routines that we have not seen in the "Rev Team Manual" that is part of the forum: the fountain, super blender, super pez, are a few examples. Is there a comprehensive list in any one place any place describing all the standard team moves? Being relatively new to team flying we are looking to learn as much as we can before encountering them in a live fly.
Carol and Cass

#2 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:01 AM

We just returned from the Washington State International Kite Festival. What a wonderful experience. Thank you to everyone for being patient and sharing their experience with us.

We encountered for the first time a number of team routines that we have not seen in the "Rev Team Manual" that is part of the forum: the fountain, super blender, super pez, are a few examples. Is there a comprehensive list in any one place any place describing all the standard team moves? Being relatively new to team flying we are looking to learn as much as we can before encountering them in a live fly.

Hi Carol and Cass-

There are team animations as you enter the rev site (upper right, I believe). Those are all of the basic moves. Teams have taken those moves and added to them or come up with their own. That is what's cool about spending a week flying with so many teams. You see what they do and it gives you ideas for your own team.....sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#3 Jeff

Jeff

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:44 PM

Here is the current manual:

http://www.revkites....Figures v1d.pdf

The author has said he would add in some of the more recent stuff that's not in there yet, just hasn't gotten around to doing it yet.
CYuLf.jpg 0LPEo.png and ybuXm.png

#4 Mike

Mike

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:12 PM

Yup, I plan on updating the manual this winter. I'll add some of the new moves that have become common, such as the fountain.
I'll also try to make it available in iBooks format for reading on an iPhone or iPad.

If I get really motivated maybe I'll pay Apple for the privilege of writing software for their devices and make an App with animations...
Mike Kory:
Posted Image and Posted Image

#5 monkey

monkey

Rev Guru

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:56 AM

If I get really motivated maybe I'll pay Apple for the privilege of writing software for their devices and make an App with animations...

Now that's a neat idea. Email when you get rolling on that, I have a dev license and I may be able to help.
David Hathaway, Revisionist
-~ REVisions
-~ www.simian-studios.ca
-~ www.teamiquad.com
Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users