where to get b-series pro sul

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jose

jose
  • Forum Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:16 PM

want to get a low wind kite and was thinking of getting a sul with race rods but am now thinking of getting a b-series pro sul with race rods.. where can i order one of these..
if you ain't flyin', u ain't tryin'

#2 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:04 PM

want to get a low wind kite and was thinking of getting a sul with race rods but am now thinking of getting a b-series pro sul with race rods.. where can i order one of these..

I am unfamiliar with east coast vendors, but you can always order online from www.thekiteshoppe.com through Theresa in Vancouver, WA. However, it is definitely worth checking out local shops to support them.

Just to clarify, the B-Series Pro comes in Full-sail, mid-vent, and full-vent. The full sails would be used in light winds but would not be labeled "SUL." I am not familiar with the difference in sail fabric from the rev 1.5 SUL and the B-Pro, but any difference there may be is insignificant, and will not make a major impact on its ability to fly in light wind. I have flown a full sail B-Series (with bridal) indoors without much trouble, so a B-Series Pro ought to get you by in light wind perfectly fine.

Hope that helps :)

Edited by Watty, 23 August 2010 - 07:04 PM.

Spence "Watty" Watson

forumsig-01.png

#3 sammy

sammy

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:24 PM

Hey jose
Its sammy from LSP..... its a amazing kite i might add and if you want 1 give scott weider a call or email him scottweider[at]teamrevriders(dot)com he will help you out all the way to the end! ( not that Theresa wont do the same) If you need more info pm me!
RABBI שמואל aka SAMMY

TEAM REV RIDERS! LETS RIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#4 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:00 PM

Hey there Jose!

I just put Scotty on a plane bound for home :)

He's bringing race spars..... :)

Have fun flying!!

Theresa

#5 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:44 AM

Hi Jose,
I have that exact model (you're interested in) and will be at Liberty State Park this weekend, if you want a test fly. (fri, Sat, Sun)

You can try out some bridle alternatives & the "magic sticks option" too. See what you actually prefer based upon direct comparison, . . . which one feels better and why?

The SUL difference is in the weight of the leading edge sleeve's material. (Standards are 3.9 ounce dacron vs. 1.5 ounce nylon for the SUL model) My attitude is you might as well get 'em as light in weight as possible! If you want more mass, then go to heavier sticks, hang-on some lights or add rare earth magnets (want lock 2 together in flight?, this works so slick!)

I've ordered my kites thru Scott Weider for the last several years with complete satisfaction. He has obtained SUL B-Series Pros in each available configuration as well as a highly customized Zen, all in matching color graphics. He offers pre-made magic sticks and is a marvelous example of what possible if you add 'em to your kite package. Might as well try before you buy and see the grand-master himself in live action. Heck he'll show you how all the tricks are done and the whole thing won't take 5 minutes. You won't look like him

I'll be going up there with Jim Cosca and hangin' with the LSP gang. We should have a howling good time chasing each other around the fields doing individual demos and team-stuff. Come out and join us, you're welcome to spank anything in my bag, from delicate indoor models to freight-train tough high winders.

Heck, I might even carry the baby-revs along, so you can see extremely these fast little buggers whizzing around to stevie ray vaughn type sound-tracks (or flight of the bumblebee, HA!)

#6 jose

jose
  • Forum Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:51 PM

Hi Jose,
I have that exact model (you're interested in) and will be at Liberty State Park this weekend, if you want a test fly. (fri, Sat, Sun)

You can try out some bridle alternatives & the "magic sticks option" too. See what you actually prefer based upon direct comparison, . . . which one feels better and why?

The SUL difference is in the weight of the leading edge sleeve's material. (Standards are 3.9 ounce dacron vs. 1.5 ounce nylon for the SUL model) My attitude is you might as well get 'em as light in weight as possible! If you want more mass, then go to heavier sticks, hang-on some lights or add rare earth magnets (want lock 2 together in flight?, this works so slick!)

I've ordered my kites thru Scott Weider for the last several years with complete satisfaction. He has obtained SUL B-Series Pros in each available configuration as well as a highly customized Zen, all in matching color graphics. He offers pre-made magic sticks and is a marvelous example of what possible if you add 'em to your kite package. Might as well try before you buy and see the grand-master himself in live action. Heck he'll show you how all the tricks are done and the whole thing won't take 5 minutes. You won't look like him

I'll be going up there with Jim Cosca and hangin' with the LSP gang. We should have a howling good time chasing each other around the fields doing individual demos and team-stuff. Come out and join us, you're welcome to spank anything in my bag, from delicate indoor models to freight-train tough high winders.

Heck, I might even carry the baby-revs along, so you can see extremely these fast little buggers whizzing around to stevie ray vaughn type sound-tracks (or flight of the bumblebee, HA!)

that sounds great..i'll stop by, ain't nothing like seeing and trying one..i'll wait for scott to get back to me i left him a voicemail...been very busy the pass month and haven't been able to fly and can't wait to get out there...see you then..
if you ain't flyin', u ain't tryin'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users