23 replies to this topic

#21 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:58 PM

So, I get a tease on the weather at the beach! :kid_devlish: Good for you!! There's a lot to learn, and sounds like you're going in the right direction!! Keep it up and we'll see you in October!! :kid_smartass: Skyhook and I found a park to play at in Sherwood, winds were a little squirrely, but short lines saved the day! Have fun!! :)

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#22 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:48 PM

I have another free day tomorrow. Not sure I want to drive that far to fly my kite though. Maybe Seaside. Maybe over at the fair grounds.

I think I will go look for my handles some more. My wrists are tired of me typing. Hmmm. Maybe I won't fly tomorrow.:huh:

Glad to hear you had a great time!! And if you make it to Seaside tomorrow, there might be some kite flyers in fromt of the Boardwalk. :) Or maybe just a few blocks north towards 10th - 12th Street access, as it may be crowded due to the Rod/Car Show on Broadway.
Look for an Octupus :)

If you want to tie your own pigtails, I have some of the bridle line John was talking about. Call me :)

Have fun flying!
Theresa

#23 hey_herb

hey_herb
  • Forum Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:05 PM

I went to Delta Park today. I was in the field across the street from the entrance to PIR. I set up the kite, but didn't have enough wind to fly more than a minute or two.

If anyone happens to be going tomorrow... I left my stake in the field. Has a yellow golf ball on it. At least I know where I left it this time. LOL. I have to work on Sundays or I would go look for it tomorrow. If not, oh well.

#24 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:31 PM

Dang, I can't make it to Delta park tomorrow, or I'd look for your stake for you. And John and TK are at MOTS in Milwaukee, so they won't be there either.
You could post over on the Delta Park thread at the Kitelife forum too: http://kitelife.com/...rk/page__st__40 and maybe somebody will see it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users