73 replies to this topic

#1 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:02 AM

We'll be having a somewhat quiet gathering at the iQuad room on Tuesday, Aug 17 around 8:30pm to watch the 9:00pm showing of America's Got Talent... No word yet, but we're seriously hoping to see Connor come back as a wild card, and it'll be that show if he does.

America's Got Talent (Live)
Twelve previously eliminated acts return to the contest and perform in a wild-card round.
NBC - Tue, Aug 17 9:00pm

We'll be at the Trendwest, right on the beach along Sid Snyder... If you're in town on Tuesday, come find us on the beach during the day and we'll let you know what room we're in... Bring beverages and cross your fingers. ;)

We can't handle 100 people, hoping Tuesday will be fairly light...

We can probably entertain 30 or so well behaved guests for an hour or two.

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

President - American Kitefliers Association

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#2 lummas

lummas

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:18 AM

We arrive Saturday, so we will be around. Will try to join the AGT festivities if we can. Kids might be in bed, but in that case we will watch in our condo. You can bet we will be supporting our man!!!

Mark

#3 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:24 AM

Remember to bring cell phones if you have 'em...

If Connor does make it onto the show, we can all vote 10 times from individual phone numbers.

Hotel phone will only work for one set of 10, as all hotel phones have the same outgoing caller ID number.

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

President - American Kitefliers Association

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#4 Highflyer

Highflyer
  • Forum Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:18 AM

Outstanding John! What a great show of support for Connor.

Even though we won't be there, we will be watching and of course will vote. We've all got our
fingers crossed here on the East Coast.

Good Luck Connor!

Sue and Steve
High Flyers

#5 lummas

lummas

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:29 PM

Guys, big news. I just had an email from Amy that said:

MARKKKKKKKK omg they brought HIM BACKKKK .. We are in LA .. they brought him back on a wildcarddddddddd.. omg we are so honored!!!!!!!!! they just announced it on the show back east!!!! Spread the wordddd... pleaseeee. we wont be at wskif... but we hope you will help vote him through to the semis!!!!

This is soooo cool!! Everyone, have your phones ready and let's give him plenty of support as he tries to make it even further. I can't wait!!

Go Connor!!

Mark

Too Much Fun

#6 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:57 PM

Does anyone know when he will be on TV? I want to watch!!!There's an episode tonight!! Is it for sure he'll be on next week?

Edited by stroke victim, 11 August 2010 - 07:00 PM.

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#7 stevepigeon

stevepigeon

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:10 PM

Next Tuesday they 12 wild Cards will take to the stage. You can vote as soon as the show ends. The results will be the following night
Steve & Sherri

#8 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:16 PM

Next Tuesday they 12 wild Cards will take to the stage. You can vote as soon as the show ends. The results will be the following night

Will be watching for sure!!!

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#9 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:02 PM

Well I just left Connor and Amy at there Hotel in L.A. and they are well and as everyone knows Connor is back and now it's our turn so lets make this happen
when it's voting time....Posted Image So as I said just came back from dinner with Amy and Connor and it's all good, so Family remember to be ready to vote and
together we can get this young man thru this portion of the show..... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:35 PM

Hi Connor-

AWESOME!!!

I'll be watching and voting with the gang in WSIKF....

Best of luck, Connor! Don't forget to enjoy this experience!!!

xoxo
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#11 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:05 AM

Good news, best of luck.

#12 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:16 AM

hugssss to all. wow.. we are so so honored. Connor is one of only two contestants pulled back from the Vegas rounds... all the other 12 have already been in the top 48 !!!!!!! Which means ..oh man I am at a loss for words.. Connor is nervous but we are here in LA as Benny said and we are willing to work hard and make this happen!!!!!!
We love you all ty so much for all your support.. and PLEASE REMEMBER TO GO TO AMERICA'S GOT TALENT AND HIT THE VOTE KEY AT THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE RED BAR ... AND SEE THE RULES ABOUT VOTING BY PHONE ANDDDDDDD BY EMAIL! ty so so much guys.. keep thinking..

Kites in the air.. kites in the air.... we will feel it.. and it helps!!

all our love,...

Amy and Connor.. who is very nervous lol

#13 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:07 PM

hugssss to all. wow.. we are so so honored. Connor is one of only two contestants pulled back from the Vegas rounds... all the other 12 have already been in the top 48 !!!!!!! Which means ..oh man I am at a loss for words.. Connor is nervous but we are here in LA as Benny said and we are willing to work hard and make this happen!!!!!!
We love you all ty so much for all your support.. and PLEASE REMEMBER TO GO TO AMERICA'S GOT TALENT AND HIT THE VOTE KEY AT THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE RED BAR ... AND SEE THE RULES ABOUT VOTING BY PHONE ANDDDDDDD BY EMAIL! ty so so much guys.. keep thinking..

all our love,...

Don't be nervous, guys (and gals) Knock 'em dead!!! We'll be pulling for you!!

wayne from portland

AKA member

#14 SynTaks

SynTaks

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:08 PM

all our love,...

Connor: (I don't know if Connor reads this forum or not, If not, Amy you can tell him...)

Those of us in AlasKiters are behind you as much as anyone can be. We are a small club. (About 35 active members and about 200 people with a card.) You can bet yer bottem dollar we will be pushing hard to get all those people voting for you. I sure hope Dave and Ben are sending you 20 kites with different color schemes so you can use a brand new one each day that you don't have to tape up. Anyone asking about the type of kite you fly won't have any problem finding out that they are REV kites...no one makes them anywhere nearly as well...

It is great to see kiting supported by such a great pair of hands. Being one of the 4 original rev fliers up here, it also makes me proud to see that someone is doing something like this to show that quad flying, especially INDOOR, is actually an art form, just as much as dance is.

I have been following a show called So You Think You Can Dance. My favorite is a kid named Kirk. He's from a small town in Ohio and is a REAL "Country Bumpkin" type. He is a great dancer, and I recommend anyone reading this to watch the finale show...

When I was younger, I was a figure skater and a singer. I can't do that stuff anymore, but I remember what it was like getting up in front of a lot of people. (For me it was only a few thousand, but I imagine it's the same thing...lol) Don't be nervous, you've got what it takes. When you hear those people cheering in the audience, take that energy and make it into what drives you. Some call it being egotistical. From what I've seen, you are not egotistical, you seem like a great kid who has found a niche in something and are using it to your benefit. Don't hold back...take it as far as you like. It's YOUR day in the sun tomorrow. I would venture to say that I don't think even Ben, in his shorts and flip-flops, has had that many people cheering him on...lol The lights are the sun and the crowd are the blades of grass. They are waving for YOU kid, just like everyone here on the forum.

Let the AGT folks know that all the Alaskan calls are automatically for you, so they can just take the 907 area code and throw it in the Connor Box.

--TaK

Posted Image
AlasKiters kite club

There's two of us crazies here.... which one is this?
He's into the B series, choreography and coloring.
She's into a bridleless SUL and skiing with a Blast.

#15 mdilucca

mdilucca

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:26 PM

Good Luck Connor and Amy!!!! :wub: :wub: We'll be voting from Canada too!! and heading over to LB on Wednesday noon... can't wait :w00t:

cheers
mario

Cheers

Mario

Island_quad_logoSmall_50_zps817bf301.jpg

#16 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:51 PM

Hugs ty guys.. your notes mean the world to us.. I am saving them to read to Connor in the morning.. as I know he will be so happy to hear them..
keep thinking..
kites in the air..
kites in the air...

much love to our kiting family... which is growing by the moments.. and we love that..
Amy and Connor

#17 Highflyer

Highflyer
  • Forum Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:27 PM

Hey Connor (& Amy),

Try not to be too nervous.

Just take a deep breath and do what you love to do.

You've done amazing things already. You've single handedly given kiting more exposure than it's ever had before and we all thank you for it.

No worries! Have fun!

Sue & Steve
High Flyers

#18 BillLamm

BillLamm

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:26 AM

Time to play your Wild Card Conner... remember that there are no losers.. only winners and learners...

and your a winner in my book so go teach the losers learners at America's Got Talent
a few things..
Bill Lamm
Posted Image

#19 spotter

spotter
  • Forum Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:07 PM

You even have Support from Australia. Will have a read on the AGT website so see if I can vote from here.

Trying to fly "Down Under"

#20 cadguy

cadguy

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:59 PM

Go Connor Go! I've told a bunch of co-workers about your wild card 2nd chance. And after explaining how indoor flying is done "without fans" they all can't wait to see it. You are turning non-kite people into potential AKA members. Go Connor Go!
Awesome performance!!! You all will just have to see it for yourself.

Dayton David

Edited by cadguy, 17 August 2010 - 06:27 PM.

"Dayton" David Kovacs

ike_member.png and 180or.png

PIGS aloft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users