5 replies to this topic

#1 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:35 AM

I'm having some trouble finding out which frame(s) come with the mid-vent B series ... can anyone help?

Steven

#2 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:44 AM

I think the standard mid-vent is still ordered with any frame choice as an included upgrade. Nobody's probably buying this kite as their first model anyway. The full sail and full vent B-series comes with a couple of frame sets. The mid-vent fits in between, so buy it anyway you desire is a sound business practice by Revolution.

I ordered mine with a race frame, but all the pro-series 1.5s are individually made to order by Bazzer, so you can have 'em any way you please. Custom is the name of his game, made by a guy with great pride in his efforts, sufficient that each kite is signed twice, on the leading edge sleeve & sail! One individual doing everything,. . . . just as you would yourself, if you were an expert kite builder. All the masters in my club have given up on making their own rev-type products (You used to be able to make one better than the factory's efforts, NOT any more) We'll all retired our machines or have taken on different projects, you can't do it any better yourself than Bazzer does it right out of the shipping tube!

Mine has the SUL leading edge sleeve (option) as well. Why add useless weight unless you need excessive durability? If you want more mass, then simply change to a heavier set of framing tubes. The ability to strip all of that excess weight away is a huge advantage to me, I live in the land of no-wind, grams matter! The mid-vent is a fantastic kite if you can keep it in the correct wind range, great especially at precision events when there's some swirly wind. I try to use 120/50# so there's less drag on the lines.

If you're ordering one, you might as pop for the Pro-upgrade and get it done right by "da' man". I've gotten half a dozen of his kites over the years and they are well built and durable, besides great looking they also almost fly themselves. S-W-E-E-T

What the heck is the freight worth to South Africa Stephen?
Ouch is all I can think of!

#3 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:07 AM

I've decided to beat on the B series for a time while I (and my girlfriend) get my skill levels up ... which also means that I certainly WANT the "excessive" durability. I will be getting a complete set of Pros at some point in the future for sure though.

That said, I do have a Zen on order which should hopefully be completed sometime soon. Posted Image

The shipping isn't TOO bad to SA going via USPS, but it certainly could be better ... you definitely don't want to be making any small orders. The usual problem I have with shipping from over there is that people don't want to ship to SA or want to do so at ridiculous rates. Seems that a fair number of American companies are too scared of Africa even though I can provide a number of reference companies I have purchased from in the USA via credit card, PayPal or Google Checkout. I actually had one company tell me that PayPal wasn't secure/trustworthy so they don't use it Posted Image

Just put an order in with Theresa at TKS and the shipping options ran from about $60 to $80, which is a bit higher than what shipping usually from the USA, but I do have a set of pro handles, 100' of 500# line, some race rods and a few other odds and ends in there.

Steven

#4 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:34 AM

I've decided to beat on the B series for a time while I (and my girlfriend) get my skill levels up ... which also means that I certainly WANT the "excessive" durability. I will be getting a complete set of Pros at some point in the future for sure though.

That said, I do have a Zen on order which should hopefully be completed sometime soon. Posted Image

The shipping isn't TOO bad to SA going via USPS, but it certainly could be better ... you definitely don't want to be making any small orders. The usual problem I have with shipping from over there is that people don't want to ship to SA or want to do so at ridiculous rates. Seems that a fair number of American companies are too scared of Africa even though I can provide a number of reference companies I have purchased from in the USA via credit card, PayPal or Google Checkout. I actually had one company tell me that PayPal wasn't secure/trustworthy so they don't use it Posted Image

Just put an order in with Theresa at TKS and the shipping options ran from about $60 to $80, which is a bit higher than what shipping usually from the USA, but I do have a set of pro handles, 100' of 500# line, some race rods and a few other odds and ends in there.

Steven

Good Morning Steven,

Thanks!! Got it!

As Paul says, I can put any frame set you want in a B or a Pro or a Zen or.... whatever. Varying upgrades apply, depending on the frame, but the 2 W, 3 W and 4 wrap are all the same price with the kite.

As for shipping to SA....the software calculates all the shipping. The main thing I have to watch out for are the different rules per country for package sizes and customs forms and some even require an invoice in the customs pouch. For SA, there is no insurance coverage allowed for USPS International packages. That is a red flag. It says to U.S. business's that SA can not guarentee that the package will arrive at the SA destination....WHY? Too much theft? Too many packages gone astray? Not dependable delivery? Who knows? Shrug.

Thanks again!!
Have fun flying!!
Theresa

#5 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:21 AM

As Paul says, I can put any frame set you want in a B or a Pro or a Zen

As for shipping to SA...

The question regarding the mid vent was just wondering what was standard and if it was 1 or 2 frames. From what you guys say its like the Pro - 1 frame of your choice (2-4 wrap), but can be customized.

Regarding the shipping, most of my comments were about shipping from the USA in general. As a general rule of thumb, either a business over there will ship to me at a reasonable rate (almost always USPS) or they won't even consider it regardless of the payment method. There are some products that I just get over here no matter what - even simple things like clothing.

I was just chatting about shipping to SA in general - you've always been happy to ship to me and I've been happy to receive my gear from you :)

#6 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:07 PM

Although some shops may do it differently, all of our B-Series kite packages - Standard, Mid Vent and Vented come with two frame sets. The Standard and Mid Vent comes with a 3 wrap and a 2 wrap. The Vented comes with a 3 wrap and a 4 wrap. We also swap out any frame with any frame to help customize your package. All frames are interchangeable and can be swapped at no additional charge except the Race Frame which has a small up-charge when swapped out with another.

I believe this is the normal frame configurations for Revolution as well but as mentioned, each shop can vary their packages as they see necessary.

Because of the larger number of frames that are available for the 1.5 series kites (EXP, 1.5, B-Series and Pro) it is a good idea to double check with your supplier to make sure which frame they are including with their kites as I have noticed that even some kite shops get them confused and may accidentally list the wrong frames with the kites they are selling.

Hope that helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users