Blast rod location

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bake

bake
  • Forum Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:08 AM

I just bought a Blast yesterday and although on both my SLE and EXP have the rods on top of the sail, it looked in the pictures on Revs site that maybe the rods should go on the bottom of this model... it seemed to fly ok with the rods on top but looks like it will have more of an airfoil shape if they are placed on bottom. Unable to watch the cd that came with the kite as I am on the road with just a net book.
What could possibly go wrong?

#2 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:19 AM

I just bought a Blast yesterday and although on both my SLE and EXP have the rods on top of the sail, it looked in the pictures on Revs site that maybe the rods should go on the bottom of this model... it seemed to fly ok with the rods on top but looks like it will have more of an airfoil shape if they are placed on bottom. Unable to watch the cd that came with the kite as I am on the road with just a net book.

I am unsure of what you mean by top and bottom.... But I will answer to the best of my ability.

The three rods that connect together to form the leading edge should go into the leading edge pocket, and connect to the end caps on either side. This is the same on every Revolution kite aside from the UFO.

The vertical rods should be on the back of the sail (i.e the side of the sail where the "Revolution" logo is backwards). This is the same on every Revolution kite aside from the UFO. I am guessing that you are concerned with the vertical rods, and that the "top" is the side of the sail with the "Revolution" logo readable, and the "bottom" is the side of the sail where the "Revolution" logo is backwards. If this is the case, you may want to rethink your setup on the SLE and the EXP as well. For reference, the back of the sail (i.e the side of the sail where the "Revolution" logo is backwards) is the side that should be facing away from you during flight.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#3 bake

bake
  • Forum Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:53 AM

I am unsure of what you mean by top and bottom.... But I will answer to the best of my ability.

The three rods that connect together to form the leading edge should go into the leading edge pocket, and connect to the end caps on either side. This is the same on every Revolution kite aside from the UFO.

The vertical rods should be on the back of the sail (i.e the side of the sail where the "Revolution" logo is backwards). This is the same on every Revolution kite aside from the UFO. I am guessing that you are concerned with the vertical rods, and that the "top" is the side of the sail with the "Revolution" logo readable, and the "bottom" is the side of the sail where the "Revolution" logo is backwards. If this is the case, you may want to rethink your setup on the SLE and the EXP as well. For reference, the back of the sail (i.e the side of the sail where the "Revolution" logo is backwards) is the side that should be facing away from you during flight.

Ya ....I confuse myself sometimes,

I had the verticle rods on the side where revolution would be backwards or the opposite side of the bridle... just like my other kites. Looks like I guessed right.

#4 bake

bake
  • Forum Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:32 PM

So when do we use the race rods that came ith it, light or heavy winds

#5 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:01 PM

Traditionaly with the speed series kites you loop the bottom bungee over the vert rod B4 you put the end cap on as well.

So if you look at the back of the sail at the bottom, where the lower end caps are you will see thet the bungee loops through the dail, rather than being tied off with 3 knots as on your other sails.

Put the bottom end of the vert through this loop then put the end cap on.

As for the Race rods, lighter winds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users