7 replies to this topic

#1 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:28 AM

I've just found this on ebay, I've never used on so maybe "Great Tools for the Field" may be a bit premature, but I thought at £6.99 it might be worth a punt, for mozzey plagued festival evenings.
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#2 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:51 AM

I've just found this on ebay, I've never used on so maybe "Great Tools for the Field" may be a bit premature, but I thought at £6.99 it might be worth a punt, for mozzey plagued festival evenings.

Hi Bob-

How's everything?

Cool...

I'm quite interested in this; if it works. Since you've ordered it, I'll wait for you to do some "Field Trials" on this. I've used a small battery operated one (don't know what frequency it was) but it did not work at all.
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#3 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:48 AM

Hmmm, I see, so this thingy emits the noise of the Male Mossie.

Which obviously (as it says) the Female Mossie hates, so will just stay away.

I would have a couple of worries.

Do the Male Mossies not bite? Suppose it will not keep them away, maybe they bont bite.

The other thing would be, if the sound of Male Mozzies keeps the Female Mozzies away, then how the heck do Baby Mozzies get made?

I wonder what frequency Male and Female Humans work on? Might be an interesting experiment to see if it would work with Kids, oh just remembered, it will not charge itself at Night. Oh well another great idea on the scrap heap. :kid_devlish:

#4 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:06 AM

Hi Laura
Iíll gladly post some feedback when I have some to post but Iím not sure when that will be. To be honest I am usually a bit sceptical of any gizmo that I canít see or hear working but as I said at the price I thought it may worth a punt, nothing ventured nothing gained and all that.

I have bought 2 one for myself and one for a daughter who travels a lot into mosquito net country. She is currently away on this years expedition so I donít expect she will be able to give me any feedback before next summers trip.

The other is for my own use but in my part of the UK mozies are not a big problem, though when I travel into mozzie country I tend to get eaten alive hence my willingness to put my scepticism aside and give it a try.

Hi Baloo
Only pregnant female mozzies bite and pregnant mozzies hate male mozzies, donít know why, maybe they bear a grudge, maybe the male mossie doesnít stop for the after nookie cuddle.
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#5 SynTaks

SynTaks

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:17 PM

The mosquitoes up here will carry you away if you're not careful. They'll bite through the long sleeve shirts and you can count their stripes. Up here about the only thing you can do is find where they're not hanging around as a breeding ground. Its odd because we've frequently been at the park with a pond and a swamp around it and not been bothered too much, however a fairly dry field surrounded by trees is mosquito central.

But the best mosquito fix it so far for us.... the duck!

Posted Image
AlasKiters kite club

There's two of us crazies here.... which one is this?
He's into the B series, choreography and coloring.
She's into a bridleless SUL and skiing with a Blast.

#6 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:53 PM

Thanks for the edification about Mozzies Bob.

Mozzie control should be easy then.

If it is only pregnant Females that bite.

We should instigate a Mozzie sex awareness program, thus reducing the amount of unwanted pregnancies, thus reducing incidents of biting. As with Human Females and the strange craves that can happen, maybe it is the same with Mozzies?

Also maybe we could offer the Morning after pill?

#7 JD

JD

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:25 AM

And it's got a built in compass to find your way home!!

#8 SynTaks

SynTaks

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:57 PM

And it's got a built in compass to find your way home!!

She does a good job of finding home when she is bored, but she keeps trying to wrap me up in her leash so I can't leave her alone with my better 3/4, so it makes it hard to get home when I want.

Just got her used to flying a rev, so she's not as bored now, but she keeps trying to fly a 2nd one with her wings, which doesn't work too well.

;)
--TaK

Posted Image
AlasKiters kite club

There's two of us crazies here.... which one is this?
He's into the B series, choreography and coloring.
She's into a bridleless SUL and skiing with a Blast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users