#1 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:22 PM

Hi all,

Every year, Evonne Miller has beach parking passes for Bolstad approach road during the Festival.

I saw her yesterday at the Westport festival. She has 50 passes for the Syd Snider approach road. If you want access past the gate, to park close to the Rev field, you will need a pass. To get a pass, you must e-mail Evonne and let her know you are part of the show on Syd Snider. She screens these requests pretty good. So you will need to let her know you have a lot of 'kite related stuff', are setting up a canopy, are part of the 'show' for the spectators, and send her your vehicle make, model and license plate number. Just so you know, there are rules.....among them.....you must be in and parked by 9am and you may not leave with your vehicle till 5pm. This is for traffic safety on the approach roads which will be filled with milling, wondering, gawking spectators (we hope!)
her e-mail is evonne at kitefestival dot com
I'm pretty sure you will need to pick up the pass at her trailer behind the WSIKF info booth on Bolstad Monday morning. If you have any other questions, ask her in your e-mail.

#2 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:19 PM

Sweet! Nice work T, thank you so much. :)

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

President - American Kitefliers Association

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#3 LS Kite Stakes

LS Kite Stakes

Make it Custom!

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:52 PM

I wish I was getting there on Monday, I really need the pass so my wife can be on the beach with us. I hope I can do what I did last year, drive on, drop stuff, and drive off before the 9am deadline, to come back that evening to retrieve everything.
LS Custom Kite Accessories

Maker of the Original Marble Kite Stake
And Revolution Snagless Pro Handles
http://www.Kitestakes.com

Posted Image

#4 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:52 PM

Are these passes good for the whole week, or are they available for day use too? Only plan on coming for one day, don't want to screw anything up; it will be my first time there!!

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#5 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:34 PM

OK...just think of it this way....The purpose of the pass is to help those putting on/contributating/being part of the festival displays, performances, kites, big kites, little kites, ground displays etc. that the spectators come to see during WSIKF. If anyone feels they can tell Evonne that they have lots of gear, will be set up for the week, will be putting kites in the air, (and this doen't mean for an hour one day) then they may qualify for the pass. As I said, she will screen the passes. Those of you who have had them in the past for Bolstad know what I mean. :)

The cool thing, and the reason I posted this, is because it's sooooooo cool that there are 50 passes to get past the gate on Syd Snider! Otherwise, it could be quite a haul everyday, getting the gear down there.

So....use your best judgement before you e-mail her. Only 'you' will know. :) If anyone thinks this is to be used as a day pass, or a pass just to get close and watch, then think again. The intent is to make it easier to get all the kite gear down there and set up day in and day out. The heaviest of which I think are the banner/pole bags! Oh my gosh, those weigh a ton! I hope to have 10 to 12 banners set up this year!! Maybe.... :)

Any way, use you best judgement.

Edited by Theresa, 12 July 2010 - 11:45 PM.

#6 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:43 PM

PLUS.....

We might be able to entice some big kites to the south side of the approach road and hang down there by the Rev field! I happen to know a few of them are Rev flyers too, but can't be both places at the same time.
Gosh, maybe Ben will bring more kites? :)

#7 Bazzer

Bazzer

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:31 AM

Guys if you are considering getting a pass just for your Rev bag please reconsider.
Remember we have PA stuff to get there and the nearest parking is only a few hundred feet away.
Also the reason we are moving down there is to make space to fit 100 revs.
AS soon as we park fifty cars down there we had just as well be back at the other entrance.
So please think about it.
Bazzer

Edited by Bazzer, 13 July 2010 - 06:32 AM.

Eat ...make Revs ....sleep......repeat!
Maker and designer of B Pro, Zen, XTRA VNT and Masterpiece kites.
Are you "Glued To The Blue"
I am.
Come visit me
www.gluedtotheblue.comgallery_170_47_48984.gifgallery_170_47_18974.gifgallery_170_47_3948.gif
http://www.teamiquad.com

#8 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:21 AM

Another thing to think about...

Once you get your car onto the beach at the approach, you will most likely be required to stay parked until 5 pm, just as the Bolstad approach is handled. You cannot even think about pulling off the beach early.. so it may be best to park right outside the gates so you have your car available if needed .

#9 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:47 AM

OK...just think of it this way....The purpose of the pass is to help those putting on/contributating/being part of the festival displays, performances, kites, big kites, little kites, ground displays etc. that the spectators come to see during WSIKF. If anyone feels they can tell Evonne that they have lots of gear, will be set up for the week, will be putting kites in the air, (and this doen't mean for an hour one day) then they may qualify for the pass. As I said, she will screen the passes. Those of you who have had them in the past for Bolstad know what I mean. :)

The cool thing, and the reason I posted this, is because it's sooooooo cool that there are 50 passes to get past the gate on Syd Snider! Otherwise, it could be quite a haul everyday, getting the gear down there.

So....use your best judgement before you e-mail her. Only 'you' will know. :) If anyone thinks this is to be used as a day pass, or a pass just to get close and watch, then think again. The intent is to make it easier to get all the kite gear down there and set up day in and day out. The heaviest of which I think are the banner/pole bags! Oh my gosh, those weigh a ton! I hope to have 10 to 12 banners set up this year!! Maybe.... :)

Any way, use you best judgement.

Thanks for the info!! First time coming and only for one day, don't want to use a pass others might need! See everyone there!!:)

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#10 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:13 PM

Okay, I'm confused now. There is this "space" for 50 cars to park , but a parking lot is 100 feet away? If the "space" is used then there is less room for 100 Revs in the sky?

So why have this mystical parking for 50 if it just screws everything up and the parking lot is right there anyway?

Bart

#11 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:56 PM

It's OK, you don't need to be confused. Once you're there, you'll see how it works. :)

100 feet, a few hundred feet....it's quite a hike if you're carrying heavy gear for the week. There is street parking on Syd Snider, but NO public parking lot. Maybe a small one by the restrooms?

If this will help, here's a map:

http://www.co.pacifi...B/HOT_0/905.PDF

about 3/4 down the map you'll see Bolstad approach road. the next one to the south is SS. In between you can see two condos and a bunch of green trees. To the top of the green you'll see a big patch of oval sand with access to Bolstad. This is the main public parking area for the festival, with lots of little paths through the dunes to the Boardwalk and the beach. The boardwalk runs the whole length, between Bolstad and SS.

#12 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:07 PM

What the definition of a lot of stuff?

Kites for four people, chairs, coolers, shelter thingy, flag pole is what we're packing.

Bart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users