28 replies to this topic

#21 Simon

Simon

Rev Legend

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:50 PM

The difficulty is set by the chief judge, so here you need to rely on them knowing what they are picking. I would always look to the figures to show me 3 different things, e.g. straight lines, curves and snap turns, then on top of this spacing in the sky, then ease of judging. " line steps down is a fantastic figure - if flow "right" its easy to fly and score, as soon as you think you know what youíre doing and donít practice it it shows really well

PLEASE do NOT do a ballet as a precision routine, as a novice you can get away with it, anything beyond that you MUST have a technical routine, Long John is more up to date with the judging book than me but when I judged Ballet was an interpretation of the music, with no technical requirement. Please pick music that can be used for a ballet, do a video search for stuff with SKYDANCE, who had Mark Lummas, Stephen Hoath & Jeanette Lummas, these guys know how to choreograph a routine. They fly team to music with NO calls, all turns are based on the music. Its such a simple idea but an epithany when you experience it.

So dont busk, dont just fly to music - please think about what you are doing, judges and audiences can spot it a mile off.

A for Sailor's question,

For precision, you will generally be given 3 figures to perform. The difficulty is based on your class (I think). Then, after the figures, you will do a freestyle, where, as Play said, your perform a ballet without music.

For Ballet, you will chose a piece of music, put it on a CD, give it to the person who you talk to to register. Then, when it's your turn, you will go out onto the field and fly to your music.

Remember that for both these competitions, you must have a spotter to pick up your kite, and take it in and out of the flying field.

The Flying Squad

Posted Image

#22 Choccy

Choccy

Occasion-al Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:15 AM

Please pick music that can be used for a ballet, do a video search for stuff with SKYDANCE, who had Mark Lummas, Stephen Hoath & Jeanette Lummas, these guys know how to choreograph a routine. They fly team to music with NO calls, all turns are based on the music.

Hi Simon, Stephen & Mark

I need help locating Mark and Jeanette's videos of them flying pairs...
saw them a while back but can't find them now :(

thanks
1 of the 47.

#23 Harrier

Harrier

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:43 AM

Some here, real nice flying.

http://home.earthlin...eos/videos.html

#24 Choccy

Choccy

Occasion-al Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:17 AM

thank you for the link.
1 of the 47.

#25 Stephen Hoath

Stephen Hoath

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:26 AM

You beat me to it! ~Man you're fast.

Also try and find their quad pair routine to the Entertainer it is a routine that demonstrates how chosing the right music can let you fly in whatever style you want. The moves on their own are good but when you turn the sound on you get a lot more out of it. For me, you can't just busk a ballet and expect it to be as good as something that someone has spent hours fine tuning and crafting. When was the last time you heard a really good song that someone made up as they went along? (with the possible exception of rapping)

S

Stephen Hoath

<a href="http://www.baidesign.net" rel="nofollow">Bai Design</a>

cappalatte-150x90.jpg

#26 Choccy

Choccy

Occasion-al Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:38 AM

You beat me to it! ~Man you're fast.

That's 'cos you weren't logged on then ;)

"from this moment" (sigh).... so beautiful, a dream to be able to fly like that.....

will check the rest out later.
1 of the 47.

#27 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 12:17 PM

WOOOOOW!!!! I have never seen Rev control like that. (Sorry iQuad)
I've only seen the From this Moment so far but WOW. I just don't know what to say now. WOW

Dean :ani_notworthy:

#28 david ellison

david ellison

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 12:48 AM

Outstanding choreography and execution - superb stuff

#29 Simon

Simon

Rev Legend

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 12:02 PM

I going down in a ball of flame here, but this is ballet not technical... Oh Picky..

BTW, if you haven't done it yet go watch Mack & Mabel. This was the routine which had stepeh in . But they make it work so well as a pairs routine.

Also, watch the Dion one and look out for some TFS moves there too.

The tumble weave used in Hindi Diamonds.. Nice.

The Flying Squad

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users