12 replies to this topic

#1 beach

beach

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:39 AM

Well I slept for 8 hours and I'm packing up for Lincoln City one of my favorite places to fly.....Posted Image So " my bags are packed and I'm ready to go " and it's off to
another adventure for " Where's Ben" and as always if your around stop over and fly and just enjoy the magic that is " Rev flying "..... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC05949.jpg
  • DSC06418 copy.jpg

#2 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,936 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:45 PM

Yahoo... Can't wait, iQuad will be six-strong (flying the new Raiders routine), and Connor Doran (America's Got Talent participant) will be attending as well, along with a whole cast of other good folks... This year's festival is dedicated as "Quadzilla" and playing host to a Rev mega fly record attempt.

D-River, Lincoln City OR, this weekend... Hope to see you there!

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#3 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:02 PM

WOO! Gonna be a long drive but it will be worth it I am sure!

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#4 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:05 PM

WOO! Gonna be a long drive but it will be worth it I am sure!

Well worth it! :)

See you there!

T

#5 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:08 PM

Well I slept for 8 hours and I'm packing up for Lincoln City one of my favorite places to fly.....Posted Image So " my bags are packed and I'm ready to go " and it's off to
another adventure for " Where's Ben" and as always if your around stop over and fly and just enjoy the magic that is " Rev flying "..... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Yeah!!!
See you soon! :)

Did you book your flight so you can stay over in Vancouver before you head home???
I think you should definitely wait to fly back on Tuesday..... :) :) or Wednesday.....or..... :)

Hugs,
T

#6 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:37 PM

Yahoo... Can't wait, iQuad will be six-strong (flying the new Raiders routine), and Connor Doran (America's Got Talent participant) will be attending as well, along with a whole cast of other good folks... This year's festival is dedicated as "Quadzilla" and playing host to a Rev mega fly record attempt.

D-River, Lincoln City OR, this weekend... Hope to see you there!

Headed over there on Sat., will be there all day!! Have enjoyed I-Quad demos in the past and am looking forward to new stuff this year! Just got a vented 1.5 to go with my older Rev I, hope there is enough wind to fly it!! See you on the beach, I'll be wearing a winddriven hat and carrying a blue kite bag!! Hope to set a new record without too many lines a snagging! See there!!

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#7 beach

beach

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 07:14 PM

Well as another weekend goes on the way I have to say this one was really good and the weather was super....Posted Image Things just worked and even with the light wind
on Sunday this was still a really good event and as always I just love Lincoln City no matter what and the people are great....Posted Image Plus it was good to see some old friends and make some new ones for sure, " Island Quad " did really well and as always "iQuad" was just the bomb, me well I did well over 100 lessons and because
the wind was so good the first day lots of folks really got it....Posted Image I'll tell ya my friend Dale Ray just got a custom lifter for his dragon and what a show stopper this
set up is, I took 100's of photos of this single line kite cause it was just so cool.....Posted Image So heres some photos and I'm going to get some sleep cause tomorrow is a
travel day, enjoy..... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0847.JPG
  • IMG_0946.jpg
  • IMG_1098.JPG
  • IMG_1170.JPG
  • IMG_2504.JPG
  • IMG_2531.JPG
  • photo 2 copy.jpg

#8 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 08:12 PM

Hey Babe-

Suuweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet photos!!!!

I especially love the last one with Bazzer, Steve and Monkey framing the dragon.... very cool! Posted Image

xoxo
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#9 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 11:24 PM

Well as another weekend goes on the way I have to say this one was really good and the weather was super....Posted Image Things just worked and even with the light wind
on Sunday this was still a really good event and as always I just love Lincoln City no matter what and the people are great....Posted Image Plus it was good to see some old friends and make some new ones for sure, " Island Quad " did really well and as always "iQuad" was just the bomb, me well I did well over 100 lessons and because
the wind was so good the first day lots of folks really got it....Posted Image I'll tell ya my friend Dale Ray just got a custom lifter for his dragon and what a show stopper this
set up is, I took 100's of photos of this single line kite cause it was just so cool.....Posted Image So heres some photos and I'm going to get some sleep cause tomorrow is a
travel day, enjoy..... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Glad I got to meet you Sat. morning!! The winds were perfect for my new 1.5! I used the 3 wrap LE and flew all day long!! Didn't get to enjoy a lesson from you, but got lots of help from many others that were much better at this form of flying than I!! Was Sun. just as good, couldn't stay over and had to go. Hope to meet again!!

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#10 beach

beach

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:35 AM

Glad I got to meet you Sat. morning!! The winds were perfect for my new 1.5! I used the 3 wrap LE and flew all day long!! Didn't get to enjoy a lesson from you, but got lots of help from many others that were much better at this form of flying than I!! Was Sun. just as good, couldn't stay over and had to go. Hope to meet again!!

All days are good when your with your friends and hope to see ya again soon.... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#11 WJReeds

WJReeds
  • Forum Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:29 PM

I had a great time at Lincoln City this year -- even though I live close, this was the first time I went!!

Thanks for letting me fly your Rev. -- as instructed, I did not kill anyone!! It was nice to fly one again (I lost my line & handles for my Rev. 1) but I was so distracted by the mega fly that was happening at the same time.

The festival was great & I had a ton of fun. I can't wait until next year!

Bill

Here's a photo I think you'll like!!

REV01.jpg

#12 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:53 PM

I had a great time at Lincoln City this year -- even though I live close, this was the first time I went!!

Thanks for letting me fly your Rev. -- as instructed, I did not kill anyone!! It was nice to fly one again (I lost my line & handles for my Rev. 1) but I was so distracted by the mega fly that was happening at the same time.

Bill

REV01.jpg

That looks like Monks! :)

Welcome to the forum!
Glad you had a great time last weekend!!
But you don't have to wait till next year....Lincoln City has a fall Festival October 9th & 10th, 2010!

Have fun flying!
Theresa

#13 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:10 PM

Bill

REV01.jpg

Plan on being there near the end of July with another friend! Let me know if this work into your plans!! Hope to see you on the beach!!! Get your kite fixed and meet with us!!! I've got a Rev 1 and a new Rev 1.5 vented!! They're great!!:blue-grin:

wayne from portland

AKA member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users