3 replies to this topic

#1 btbt

btbt

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 10:36 PM

A question was asked recently on the global rev count topic..... What do all of you with over 10 Revs do with them all???
I figured this deserves it`s own thread....I have 19 Revs and have been flying revs since 1993.... Each of those 19 kites has a purpose...some more specific than others.
Obviously one model can`t cover all the bases, hence owning 1`s, 2`s, 1.5`s and speed series, as they all have their own flying characteristics.
In addition we have full, mid, and vented sails, not to mention the colour/graphics and kind(s) of cloth....plus many different frame and line sets/combos....the options are endless.
I have all the combos covered as far as wind speed goes, so really it boils down to what I`m feeling that day. Do I want a slow or a quick kite? Do I want less or more pull? Do I want the feel of on older "soft cloth" sail or a newer "crispy" sail? What kind of graphics do I wish to see in the air? This in relation to a cloudy day vs. a sunny one. Certain colours flash or glint better than others...and yes I sometimes like the way mylar panels reflect and refract the sun.
As I live by the ocean side....am I flying over land or water? I have a set of "beaters" that are dunked in the water and flown over the rocky part of the beach...this depending on the tide(s).
Some of my revs have nostalgic value, are kept for that reason, and are flown on occasion. Some are stacked. Some are "daily" go to fliers depending on wind speed.
As you can see the reason(s) for having a bunch of revs is akin to the many types there are.
bt

#2 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:07 AM

If it's a gal asking, ask her why she has so many shoes or so many different clothing outfits. :)

If it's a dual line pilot, ask why they have so many duallies.

I just tell em "Variety is the spice of life, and I got a lot of spices."

#3 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 11:53 AM

I kept buying new ones because I thought they would help each other learn to fly better!!! Same old crap though, waiting on me to improve as a pilot instead.

#4 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:56 AM

My Rev bag is to me what a golfer’s bag is to him. If golfers could get by with only one club there would be an awful lot of caddies out of work.
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users