Photo

Liberty State Park...JULY 4th

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:27 PM

Hi Kurtis-

Thank you for all of your hard work getting this event off the ground!!!!

While it was small this year, you truly did a great job and I can't wait to see how this grows for the years to come.

It was great seeing everyone.; I had a great time.

While it was VERY hot, we did luck out; we had wind and no humidity!!!!!!!

As always, it was a blast flying with my teammates. Rich, feel better, quick, Newport is only a few days away!!! Posted Image

xoxo to you all.

BTW, we will be meeting back at LSP the last weekend of August (just on the heels of WSIKF). Spread the word, let's rock Liberty that weekend.
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#22 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:59 AM

Thanks Kurtis,

Jim Cosca and I had a fantastic time flying with our friends and helping to start a new festival event at Liberty State Park. The winds were spectacular for all three days we flew, (at least for me!) Not light enough to need a ZEN but enough you didn't have to just fly forward (working on field recovery), you could trick around and fly a SUL 1.5 just fine. I love that photograph of Rich flailing too,... what an inspirational moment was captured for our viewing pleasure.

Small but appreciate crowds, (we were off the beaten path!) and it was H_O_T_! The folks that did make their way to find us were amazed. Dennis Smith had some great tunes spinning in between the demos, everybody who wanted to (some were forced to, even a spectator after a quick lesson!) got to soul fly or hear their favorite track.

Scott Weider had us all in formation and looking good, although he has the patience of a saint to put up with these unruly participants, including his own Rider teammates. I can appreciate the value of radios after Scotty forced me to get on board. It's funny, in our own club all the quad-heads wear earphones, everybody listens to different music and we just cruise in fun flies tangled messes. Oh, that activity will not be acceptable with Professor Weider though. You're in training class and certain level of respectful attention is demanded. He breaks it down in little bits for his school kids, than gradually assembles the bits in a unified whole, keeps tightening the precision and timing until the most mundane acts look magical to the spectators. Honestly?, we had more fun than is legal in this country!

In between flying lessons we hid in the shade wherever you could find it and consumed massive doses of fluids, it was hot!

The ground needed explosive charges to set a stake, views of the skyline and lady liberty make for a perfect background despite the trying conditions. Many people wanted us photo-op'd (positioned) "just over here a little bit more, no higher, just to the left slightly, now angled towards the statute, perfect!"

At one point I think we had five of Bazzer's "old Glory" masterpiece kites flying for the 4th of July,
happy birthday america

See you all again soon I hope.
paul

#23 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:08 AM

Ohhhh, that sounds So Awesome! :D I really hope this is one festival that takes off (literally)! :ani_punk: Kudos to Kurtis and ALL of you for making it a fun spectacle!

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#24 klaatu

klaatu
  • Forum Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:38 AM

WOWPosted Image What a great day at Liberty ......HOT!!!!! But it was dry heatPosted Image
Thanks Kurtis ......... Posted some pics of the day in the gallery...try and get some more posted.......

Let's not forget why we can fly our Rev's all over this great counnty....
Thanks to all the service man and women past and present...........................

WWP_Logo_Wallpaper_1680x1050 b.png

Mark

Edited by klaatu, 06 July 2010 - 09:23 AM.

"Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!"

"The man in black fled across the desert,

and the gunslinger followed..."

#25 Love2fly

Love2fly

• Forum Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:27 AM

Hi Mark-

Thanks for the great photos!!!

Here's my only contribution; too busy flying to stop and "capture the moment" Posted Image

IMG_4764s.jpg

See ya all soon.... at a field/beach near you (or me)!!!!

xoxo
Laura

Posted Image

#26 Scott A.

Scott A.

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:57 AM

WOWPosted Image What a great day at Liberty ......HOT!!!!! But it was dry heatPosted Image
Thanks Kurtis ......... Posted some pics of the day in the gallery...try and get some more posted.......

Let's not forget why we can fly our Rev's all over this great counnty....
Thanks to all the service man and women past and present...........................

WWP_Logo_Wallpaper_1680x1050 b.png

Mark

Thanks Mark,
Good photos to critique our team formations in not so perfect off shore HOT breeze.
As Alden would say, ..... "Scott your just a stickler, period."
Thanks for the ammo,, and as felix would say.... GRINS Posted Image

Scott Weider
Team REV RIDERS

#27 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:21 PM

Thanks Mark,
Good photos to critique our team formations in not so perfect off shore HOT breeze.
As Alden would say, ..... "Scott your just a stickler, period."
Thanks for the ammo,, and as felix would say.... GRINS Posted Image

All I am going to say after looking at the team pics is that I seem to remember someone at MIKE hollering to make sure I could see the left shoulder of the person just to my right... Posted Image

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#28 Love2fly

Love2fly

• Forum Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:02 PM

All I am going to say after looking at the team pics is that I seem to remember someone at MIKE hollering to make sure I could see the left shoulder of the person just to my right... Posted Image

-Alden

Hey Baby-

How's everything?

Right you are! We always strive to be in "position". Depending upon where we're "at", we'll gain ground or do what it takes to get back to that "shoulder in the periphery".

See you in a few weeks!!!

xoxo
Laura

Posted Image

#29 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:33 PM

Hey Baby-

How's everything?

Right you are! We always strive to be in "position". Depending upon where we're "at", we'll gain ground or do what it takes to get back to that "shoulder in the periphery".

See you in a few weeks!!!

xoxo

Hey, everyone is always telling me to get something to tie my hands together for practice flying or put a bungie in place to hold my arms down.;

Since you guys are team flying I can now make a suggestion (with an example pic).

Why not rope yourselves together during practice like climbers? Maybe a bungie in between to lessen the shock but it might help. :kid_smartass:

Roped.jpg

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#30 Love2fly

Love2fly

• Forum Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:42 PM

Hey, everyone is always telling me to get something to tie my hands together for practice flying or put a bungie in place to hold my arms down.;

Since you guys are team flying I can now make a suggestion (with an example pic).

Why not rope yourselves together during practice like climbers? Maybe a bungie in between to lessen the shock but it might help. Posted Image

Roped.jpg

-Alden

Posted Image
Laura

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users