• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 darknight

darknight
  • Forum Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:34 PM

hi guys,
just thought i would say hi, i live in devon uk. i have always flown 2 liners but wanted for years to have a rev, soo finally bought a rev 1.5 sle, lime/blue/black.
so very different to fly, had it out for the first time today, didnt do too well but hey first time, still trying to correct it the old 2 line way when you see it go off by pulling the opposite side!!!
ill get out of it though as i only want to fly revs from now on.
gonna go out again tomorrow, wind permitting, in time i want a zen and a randy tom, would really love the japanese rising sun flag one, even though its out of print.. so maybe a dark lady,
but learn the ropes on this one first eh.
ok 1 silly question, in the pack i bought it came with some extra ultra light frame, is that a lighter leading edge to turn in into a light wind flyer?

#2 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:05 PM

You have FUN OK?

Yep the lighter frame is for lighter winds. You can fly the lighter frame in higher winds and the heavier frame in lower winds as you get better on the handles.

If the frame is too light for the wind conditions it is fairly easy to break, especially in gusty winds.

If there is anyone near you who flys Revs try to hook up with them as the learning curve is better.

Try to get to a few Fstivals and say Hi to anyone flying a Rev, preferebly not while they are in the arena though. :kid_devlish: Dont fell scared to talk to the Decs and the Flying Squad they are helpful folks.

I started alone and mainly fly alone now (yes folks I know I am a smelly old Bear so no wonder you wont fly with me :) ) My flying is OK but not good. There are loads of folks on here who started way after me but fly as groups and have helped each other out so fly much better. At least I dont crash as much as I used to.

Oh and you can still use the 2 line style of flying for some moves, just get used to feeling like your wrists are tied together initially. I found I was pullung each hand initially. You will get used to it.
Practice practice practice.

#3 david ellison

david ellison

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:55 PM

Hi Mr Darknight - an appropriate forum name now you've fallen through to the darkside of kites ;)

A bunch of new kitefliers (and a few old hands) that made themselves known at the Exmouth kite festival 2 weeks ago are meeting up for a get together and fly at Exmouth this Saturday - 11'ish onwards

Site is here - Imperial Recreation Ground

It would be great if you could join us

#4 darknight

darknight
  • Forum Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:52 AM

i will certainly have fun, allthough i cant fly it properly yet it still adds a smile to my face, well until david posted i didnt know of anyone near us, but now....well thanks david ill see you on saturday, ill bring mine along, and you can grin at me trying to fly,lol.
i know where it is as we dive and kayak, so both shops are opposite the rugby ground, but yes fallen to the dark side i have, now i really need that dark lady rev

#5 dazlarsen

dazlarsen

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:46 PM

I am sure Mr.Ellison will guide you in the right direction........He is a top notch fella
All the best

Daz

#6 Martin Linford

Martin Linford
  • Forum Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:32 AM

I am sure Mr.Ellison will guide you in the right direction........He is a top notch fella

This is very true Daz but we have to be carefull that all this praise does not go to his head !!! :innocent:

As for the Exmouth flying site - if the wind is in the right direction it's a wonderful place to fly

Wish I was going

Martin

#7 Redrocket

Redrocket
  • Forum Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:24 AM

Wow,

Guess i'm a bit late on board here...........bit slow me!

Well hello Mr. Knight. I live in Exeter and have been flying Revs for 35-40 hours now and love it. I fly whenever I can weather permitting.

You must pop down to Exmouth sometime it's great fun. If you are planning to be around Exeter after work sometime drop me a PM and perhaps we'll meet.

See ya soon matey.

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users