Photo

Found Rev - Nags Head, NC (near Jockey's Ridge)

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#21 Reef Runner

Reef Runner

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:31 AM

Wuz just my daft way of giving it a bump Posted Image

Maybe I should have put smilies on the end.

No problem Baloo, appreciate the bump. That's definately the idea. Bump, bump, bump. I was hoping, that if I kept bumping this topic to the top of the active topics, and if people kept seeing it, that the word would eventually get out to the rightful owner, who as you mentioned over at Kitelife, obviously is not a forum troller.........

Again, thanks for the bump.......we need more bumps, and I'm about to bump out Posted Image, so bump people, bump Posted Image. Just keeping the topic active could do the trick Posted Image

Sent from my regular old laptop, with real keys:

Nick, from North Carolina, USA
a.k.a. "Reef Runner"

Kitelife Subscriber #590

It's important to have as much fun as possible while we're here.
It balances out the times, when the minefield of life explodes.

J Buffett - "A Pirate Looks at Fifty"

#22 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:25 AM

Posted Image
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#23 Reef Runner

Reef Runner

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:02 PM

Posted Image

Thanks for the "BUMP" Laura.....................that's what we needPosted Image

a.k.a. "Reef Runner"

Kitelife Subscriber #590

#24 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:12 PM

Pardon me as I have not read the entire thread, so this may have been covered already.. but have you contacted your AKA regional Director? They have the ability to bulk mail the membership and it may get the word out. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Amy

#25 Reef Runner

Reef Runner

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:06 AM

Pardon me as I have not read the entire thread, so this may have been covered already.. but have you contacted your AKA regional Director? They have the ability to bulk mail the membership and it may get the word out. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Amy

Hi Amy,
Thanks for your suggestion and interest, however, JB suggested that to me, sometime back. In an earlier post, I did mention that.

Posted Image OK, done & done............I've also posted the info on the LOST REV, on the GWTW forum, plus I sent the information to the Region 4, AKA Director. Surely someone has got to be missing a REV .............. If anyone else knows of another outlet, please feel free to post my original message. Just make sure that it's clear, that the owner will have to contact me via the Revolution forum, or the Kitelife forum, or through the PM (personal message) outlet, on either of these two forums. They are the only two forums, that I monitor.....thanks

As mentioned in an earlier post, sometime back, I did indeed, personally email the AKA - Region 4 Director, Steve Cseplo, with hopes of obtaining his help in my quest to find the rightful owner of this Rev. Unknowingly to me, I have recently been informed, that Steve did indeed, "blast" Region 4 with the information.

Due to my personal lack of information, and my failure to thoroughly follow-up with Steve, I was later, overly critical of his actions, and termed them, as I incorrectly perceived, to be a lack of interest, on his part. Boy, was I wrong, and for that, I would like to take this opportunity to personally apologize to Steve, especially, as well as the entire AKA, for my thoughtless remarks. Not to make excuses, but not being a member of the AKA, I was completely unaware, that Steve had indeed, notified Region 4. He did this almost immediately, upon receiving my email, taking it upon himself to, notify all the members of Region 4. Steve, again, I apologize, for the inconsiderate manner, in which I spoke of your actions. I was wrong, and I hope to make amends through this public apology. The last thing in the world that I wanted to do here, was offend anyone. I only wanted help, which unknowing to me, you so aptly supplied. Thank you for that help, as well as all the other AKA Regional Directors, who have jumped in....................

As mentioned previously, the owner may very well be someone that doesn't frequent the online forums. I realize that some of may be a little obsessed with that, but it sure is a good way to keep in touch with what is going on, and in this case, it could get this person his/her Rev back............

Anyway, my whole intent is just to get the Rev back to the rightful owner, as time is running out. As I mentioned, I don't personally have the Rev, but if the owner can simply describe the circumstances, to my satisfaction, I can put them in touch with someone, that will gladly return it to them. Else, the kite is destined for another life.

The only way to keep the topic on the active list, both here, and on Kitelife, is to continually comment, just to "BUMP" it back to the top...........

Thanks again for your interest and Steve, once again, please accept my apologies....................nick

a.k.a. "Reef Runner"

Kitelife Subscriber #590

#26 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:30 AM

Hi Nick..

Wow.. I am really very sorry to hear that you did not get a response... and I better have some kind of influence.. or I am not a very good regional director.... I will copy your first post here and it will be sent to ALL the members of the AKA board of directors to send out to their regions. My apologies that you did not hear back. On occasion emails do get buried in the many we get daily .. either way, I would like to help if I can. I will keep you posted .

Sincerely,
Amy Doran

UPDATE: The first post, a link to this thread , and a call for all to read and share has been sent to all members of the AKA Board.. Hope this helps.

Edited by mousieo, 15 June 2010 - 11:43 AM.

#27 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:53 AM

Hi Nick..

Wow.. I am really very sorry to hear that you did not get a response... and I better have some kind of influence.. or I am not a very good regional director.... I will copy your first post here and it will be sent to ALL the members of the AKA board of directors to send out to their regions. My apologies that you did not hear back. On occasion emails do get buried in the many we get daily .. either way, I would like to help if I can. I will keep you posted .

Sincerely,
Amy Doran

UPDATE: The first post, a link to this thread , and a call for all to read and share has been sent to all members of the AKA Board.. Hope this helps.

And I just mass blasted Region 10 with the news! :)

T

#28 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:05 PM

And I just mass blasted Region 10 with the news! :)

T

Thanks T!

Region 9 has also been blasted with the info!

#29 Reef Runner

Reef Runner

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:49 PM

Hey Amy & Theresa,
Thanks for the bump, and thanks for the blasting. You ladies don't mess around. Hopefully the owner will eventually get the message. And by the way, Steve did indeed, blast Region 4.
My mistake..................nick

a.k.a. "Reef Runner"

Kitelife Subscriber #590

#30 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:11 PM

Region 13 has now had it blasted out as well Nick... !

#31 Reef Runner

Reef Runner

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:45 AM

Region 13 has now had it blasted out as well Nick... !

Thanks for the blast............

a.k.a. "Reef Runner"

Kitelife Subscriber #590

#32 Reef Runner

Reef Runner

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:20 AM

Posted ImageApologies Due Posted Image

Posted Image OK, done & done............I've also posted the info on the LOST REV, on the GWTW forum, plus I sent the information to the Region 4, AKA Director. Surely someone has got to be missing a REV .............. If anyone else knows of another outlet, please feel free to post my original message. Just make sure that it's clear, that the owner will have to contact me via the Revolution forum, or the Kitelife forum, or through the PM (personal message) outlet, on either of these two forums. They are the only two forums, that I monitor.....thanks

As mentioned in an earlier post, sometime back, I did indeed, personally email the AKA - Region 4 Director, Steve Cseplo, with hopes of obtaining his help in my quest to find the rightful owner of this Rev. Unknowingly to me, I have recently been informed, that Steve did indeed, "blast" Region 4 with the information.

Due to my personal lack of information, and my failure to thoroughly follow-up with Steve, I was later, overly critical of his actions, and termed them, as I incorrectly perceived, to be a lack of interest, on his part. Boy, was I wrong, and for that, I would like to take this opportunity to personally apologize to Steve, especially, as well as the entire AKA, for my thoughtless remarks. Not to make excuses, but not being a member of the AKA, I was completely unaware, that Steve had indeed, notified Region 4. He did this almost immediately, upon receiving my email, taking it upon himself to, notify all the members of Region 4. Steve, again, I apologize, for the inconsiderate manner, in which I spoke of your actions. I was wrong, and I hope to make amends through this public apology. The last thing in the world that I wanted to do here, was offend anyone. I only wanted help, which unknowing to me, you so aptly supplied. Thank you for that help, as well as all the other AKA Regional Directors, who have jumped in....................

As mentioned previously, the owner may very well be someone that doesn't frequent the online forums. I realize that some of may be a little obsessed with that, but it sure is a good way to keep in touch with what is going on, and in this case, it could get this person his/her Rev back............

Anyway, my whole intent is just to get the Rev back to the rightful owner, as time is running out. As I mentioned, I don't personally have the Rev, but if the owner can simply describe the circumstances, to my satisfaction, I can put them in touch with someone, that will gladly return it to them. Else, the kite is destined for another life.

The only way to keep the topic on the active list, both here, and on Kitelife, is to continually comment, just to "BUMP" it back to the top...........

Thanks again for your interest and Steve, once again, please accept my apologies....................nick

a.k.a. "Reef Runner"

Kitelife Subscriber #590

#33 jsking

jsking

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:51 AM

May I presume you asked at the "Kitty Hawk Kites" store?
Did they by chance know of someone who purchased the same color scheme?

John

Concur with John. Good chance it's a store kite left out there by one of their staff.
Jeff
Wings Over Washington
http://www.flickr.co...44623@N00/sets/

--------------------
Revus Regnum

#34 Reef Runner

Reef Runner

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:09 PM

Concur with John. Good chance it's a store kite left out there by one of their staff.

Negative......that is not the case.......it was simply left near their store. Many people park in the front parking lot, and walk across the highway, to fly on Jockey's Ridge. It is definately NOT a store kite............but thanks for the bump..........

a.k.a. "Reef Runner"

Kitelife Subscriber #590

#35 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:11 PM

Each time I see you post I hope to get the msg that the Rev has found it's owner.

WOW, I recon the World must know about this by now. I am fairly sure I just missed it mentioned on my local News Headlines. BIG :)

#36 Reef Runner

Reef Runner

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:05 AM

Each time I see you post I hope to get the msg that the Rev has found it's owner.

WOW, I recon the World must know about this by now. I am fairly sure I just missed it mentioned on my local News Headlines. BIG Posted Image

Please feel free to post it there.........you never know, could have been one of your neighbors................thanks Posted Image

a.k.a. "Reef Runner"

Kitelife Subscriber #590

#37 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:15 AM

I received email from my region 3 rep yesterday about this so the news is definitely being spread.

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#38 MsPrez

MsPrez
  • Forum Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:37 PM

Region 6 has also sent out a message.
My guess it belongs to someone that left the kite field, zipped up the bag, and promptly was immersed in too much work to open the kite bag again. About a week from now, at the next festival, the entire world will hear the moans and groans when the mistake is discovered, followed quickly by sighes of relief when their buddies all shout, I KNOW WHERE YOUR KITE IS!!!
Personally, I want to commend Nick and all the rest for taking the time to pursue this matter. It would have been much easier to just shrug and say finders/keepers. Your attitude of helping out kiters whether you know them or not, is what makes this such a great sport to be involved with.
There is absolutely nothing for you to apolgize for. I wish we had more people like you in this world, it would truely be a better place.
And, member or not, the AKA is here to help all kiters enjoy the sport, don't feel bad for asking any of us to do what we signed up for.
Thanks much!
Barbara Meyer

#39 Reef Runner

Reef Runner

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:59 PM

Region 6 has also sent out a message.
My guess it belongs to someone that left the kite field, zipped up the bag, and promptly was immersed in too much work to open the kite bag again. About a week from now, at the next festival, the entire world will hear the moans and groans when the mistake is discovered, followed quickly by sighes of relief when their buddies all shout, I KNOW WHERE YOUR KITE IS!!!
Personally, I want to commend Nick and all the rest for taking the time to pursue this matter. It would have been much easier to just shrug and say finders/keepers. Your attitude of helping out kiters whether you know them or not, is what makes this such a great sport to be involved with.
There is absolutely nothing for you to apolgize for. I wish we had more people like you in this world, it would truely be a better place.
And, member or not, the AKA is here to help all kiters enjoy the sport, don't feel bad for asking any of us to do what we signed up for.
Thanks much!
Barbara Meyer

Barbara,
Thank you for the kind words. I hope your scenario, does indeed take place. I'm guessing that someone left it there, drove home, realized that they had left the kite, and just assumed that it was gone. Obviously, this person doesn't frequent the forums, which is unfortunate. Again, thanks for your support..................nick

a.k.a. "Reef Runner"

Kitelife Subscriber #590

#40 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:15 PM

There is also the chance that the owner tried to fly it, couldn't, was fed up and walked off and left it.

I once saw a dual line kiter take his whole kite bag and throw it in the bin. Another came immediately by and took it with him.
That kiter was really mad about something I won't mention here nor what country it took place.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users