getting my first rev

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jose

jose
  • Forum Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:58 PM

hi, newbie here..i just purchased a 2 line stunt kite a week ago and after watching some youtube videos i am interested in getting a rev... i have never flown one before or any kind of 4 line kite, after reading for the pass week on this site i see the recommended is a rev 1.5 b series..will this kite be a good trainer kite..i would rather buy it now than grow out of a sle and wishing i bought the b series...i also am planning on flying inland, i dont live near the shore so will this be up to the task of lower winds..i know it require a little more experience but like i said i rather spend it now and be good for a while...
if you ain't flyin', u ain't tryin'

#2 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:19 AM

I feel a B would be right for you. More expensive to start, however you will not find that you grow out of it.

Good thing is you get 2 rod sets. These you can mix around if you want to, for instance 3 wrap middle, and the rest 2 wrap.

With the 3 wrap set in it should be robust enough to deal with any crashes you might get to start with.

As I said, a good choice I think.

#3 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:42 AM

For sure the "B" series is a good choice even for a first kite. I am inland as well, but our winds can be anything from mild to wild so I have an assortment of sails to go with the conditions. Which sail you buy first (yes, you will buy more at some point) should be determined by just how much wind you really do get the most of then go from there. I am guessing a std or mid vent. Anything with a some vent will smooth out the rougher inland wind. I prefer using my full vent and mid vent if the conditions allow. Just a smoother ride.

Bart

#4 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:30 AM

Yep, the B. If your willing to spend the money now to get started think about a couple of line sets as well. The reason being is that the B std. will allow you to fly indoors up to about 18mph in wind if your brave enough to fly it that high. I'm sure your going to have the most fun you can have with a kite when theres a Rev at the end of the lines.

Dean

#5 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 01:51 PM

I agree with Bart that the vented sails deal with lumpy wind better.

Tend to use a mid vent or full vent with Race Rods in as much as I can.

Dont forget if you go for a mid vent I am pretty sure it will come with only one Rod set.

Let us know what you decide on and how you get on.

Oh and welcome to the Forum btw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users