Photo
- - - - -

Well It's 6 a.m. and I'm Ready ( MIKE ON THE HORIZON)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 beach

beach

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:37 AM

Well as I shut down from one adventure and get ready for another I just wanted to touch base with everyone and to thank a few folks who have
made my upcoming trip to MIKE possible....Posted Image I landed in Dulles yesterday with a hope and no real plan and no drivers license (don't ask), but
what I did have was a Family of East Coast friends who were happy to help..... So Jim C. picks me up at the airport takes me 2 hours away and
plants me at the Kings doorstep who were more than willing to let me rest and recharge my batteries and then get me to MIKE by tomorrow....
I really think thats what makes us as Rev fliers so very special we are there for each other and we go that extra mile for each other, we open our homes, our hearts, and our lives to each other, I just guess you'd have to say we are a Family.......Posted Image I travel the world over with a bag of
Revolution kites and a huge amount of friends who no matter what help me make it happen, we don't do this for money or fame we do this for
each other and for the love of this sport and for me at least it's the look in peoples eyes when they see us do what we do.....Posted Image Then to top it
all off we are willing to share it with others and make them a part of this so they to can understand and in turn pass it on......Posted ImagePosted ImageIt's a good
life, no it's a great life and thanks for sharing it with me...... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 sammy

sammy

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:58 AM

Glad to hear yr well DAD. See you in OC MD.....
RABBI שמואל aka SAMMY

TEAM REV RIDERS! LETS RIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#3 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:28 AM

Yayyyy!

Ben is in the hood!

See you tomorrow morning! (Someone give him coffee quick!)

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#4 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:52 AM

Hey Sweetie-

Glad you've arrived safe and sound!

Rest up.

See ya tomorrow.

xoxo
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#5 Lolly

Lolly

Revolution Kites

• Forum Admin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:54 AM

Hey Sweetie-

Glad you've arrived safe and sound!

Rest up.

See ya tomorrow.

xoxo

Good mornin' Ben.
Glad you made it. I knew you would !! No volcano is going to stop you.
See you soon.
Lol
Lolly Hadzicki-Ryno
Revolution Kites

#6 John Barresi

John Barresi

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,945 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:12 PM

The better ash-hole won. :)

(love ya buddy)

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.comkitemap.org | Rev Tutorials
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#7 LS Kite Stakes

LS Kite Stakes

Make it Custom!

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:54 PM

Welcome back Ben! if it was only possible to join you in OC........ Posted Image

John, John, John..........I am glad you said that and no one else........ :bones:

Edited by RS67Man, 22 April 2010 - 03:56 PM.

LS Custom Kite Accessories

Maker of the Original Marble Kite Stake
And Revolution Snagless Pro Handles
http://www.Kitestakes.com

Posted Image

#8 beach

beach

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:34 PM

Well this was the first day of M.I.K.E. and it was a wonderful day full of much play by all the Rev fliers and the star performances of both iQuad and the Rev Riders
and then to top it off of a "Zen mega" fly at the end of the day........ BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_7785_2.JPG
  • IMG_7830_2.JPG
  • IMG_8099.JPG
  • IMG_8103.JPG

#9 beach

beach

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:31 PM

Well as I sit in my hotel here in DC doing a little decompressing it give me some time to reflect on what is and will always be one heck of a great event....Posted Image The people
are just super and the host is just top notch for sure, Jay of "Kite Loft" not only supports kitting he does it in a big way and thats why it was so important to me to
be there for him and everyone else...Posted Image The only thing is it just passes to dog gone fast for me cause the folks that come to MIKE are just so good to me and I don't
see them nearly enough... Also I'd like to thank the "rev Riders" for all they do and to personally say what an honor it is to fly with you again, and again to thank my
team "iQuad" for just being who they are, if you don't know these two teams please try to attend an event where they are and then to share the joy that is team
flying.....Posted Image Then to top it all off I'd like to thank all the Rev fliers who made all of this weekend possible and to thank one really up and coming fairly new flier
for letting me stand shoulder to shoulder with him, thanks Big Al you are a brother for sure......Posted Image Well it's early and for a change I'm going to relax and go swim
some laps in the pool and get a massage then call it a night, hey I work hard.....Posted Image Also remember support you local kite store and buy a new Rev for the start
of a new season.... Oh yea "iQuad how come it's always nice weather when you show up, hmmmmmmmmm .......... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 Wayne

Wayne

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:13 PM

Just got home from Maryland. Amazingly good weather. How did Jay do that? Did iQuad bring it from the west coast? Barb & I took Monday to head down to Assateague, and the weather was cool but dry until we were halfway home around 4PM.

We had a great time! Thanks to iQuad and the Rev Riders for excellent demos and really challenging but extremely fun Mega flys. 2 grids of 16 and several lines of 13-14 made for a perfect learning environment for me. Thanks for all the support I received from the many expert flyers. I was especially pleased to meet the rest of the iQuad team and discover that they are as friendly as they are skilled. Having already met Bazzer and Steve the Mutant, I already had an idea of what to expect. John and Jay, thanks for bringing the team east. I am glad Ben made it. It would have been a shame for him to be stuck on the wrong side of the Atlantic, when all the action was in OC. I wish I could bring some of that smooth beach breeze home with me to Pennsylvania. I know the steady air helped Barb get some good progress in her flying.

Barb & I took many photos and videos that I will be processing and some I will be posting when I get time for it. I haven't seen most of them yet, but I know there are some interesting shots there.

Wayne Reed
Rev Backtracker, 1.5 SLE, Custom Full, Mid-vent & Vented B Series, Shook Weave Kites
http://WReedImages.com
My Rev Gallery

#11 John Barresi

John Barresi

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • 5,945 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:42 PM

FYI, that weather effect is called the "iQuad bubble", it came with us. :)

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.comkitemap.org | Rev Tutorials
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#12 mdilucca

mdilucca

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:53 AM

So you guys are the cause of global warming he!!!!! :kid_smartass:

Cheers
Mario

Cheers

Mario

Island_quad_logoSmall_50_zps817bf301.jpg

#13 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,499 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:47 PM

I would call it the TK bubble effect.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users