Rev #2 arrived!!!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 DonaldLL

DonaldLL
  • Forum Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:33 PM

The Rev kite arrived the a week ago the day I left town so it sat in the box until I got back today (Friday). I felt like a little kid.... man that was a long week. My mid vent B series came with 2 sets of rods... a Professional Use Only set and an Ultralight set; I also ordered a set of Race rods. Actually, I thought the mid vent would come with the Ultralight and the Revolution Equipped but no matter; I will buy the 4 wrap set anyway just to have more options.

Well I left my meter home so I don't know for sure but there wasn't much wind. I'd say 5 mph with some occasional 8 mph bumps but mostly 5 mph and sometimes less; again I am no expert at estimating wind but I wasn't very much. I have only flown a 1.5 SLE and I knew I'd have had difficulty flying my stock 1.5 SLE in today's wind. I wasn't feeling very good about the conditions but I have a new kite! I gotta give it a go.

I didn't want to use the 2 wraps because I had no idea what to expect maybe I'd break 'em; I am an experienced beginner at best; I thought the 3 wraps might be too heavy but what do I know? I swapped out the 3 wraps and installed the Race rods... I don't know, something about the light like 2 wrap strong like 3 wrap seemd like the best idea to me.

Well let me tell you... this kite.... it was like buttah. My first surprise; there was enough wind! Sometimes I had to work at it but then just when I'd struggle a bit, along came a puff and off it would go. When the wind did pick up and get a little bumpy, as it does so often where I fly, I could tell the vents smoothed it out. The flex of the Race rods... that's a completely different feel than the SLE. I know I need to get the feel or find my touch but the 1.5 Barresi with the Race rods made me realize what 'touch' is. I guess when you're new at this, you don't know what you don't know but this kite now gave me a perspective that I didn't have before. There were moments when the Rev would just sit and hover almost as if it were a mind meld rather than handle and line connection. It was amazing. I must have hit a sweet spot a couple of times and for just a few moments it seemed to defy gravity.

I flew for over 2 hours.... until sunset. I was soooo relaxed, I was soooo in tune and focused with trying to "feel" the input from the kite that when I got in the car to drive away I drove for about a mile at less than the speed limit of 20 mph; as I began to snap out of my trance, I noticed I was 'feeling' the accelerator thru my shoe. I was driving my car with touch!!!

I can't really say much more. I am kind of at a loss. For most of you reading this, I know YOU know. For others like me (yesterday) who have only experienced your first Rev... just wait until you try the second one!

Edited by DonaldLL, 09 April 2010 - 10:50 PM.

#2 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:58 PM

The Force is strong in this one. :lol:

#3 Dano

Dano

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:06 PM

Yeah..

That was good Donald.
Nice to hear! Posted Image

#4 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 04:01 AM

Heheheheh.........Dark side claims anoher!!!!!!

Donald.....what are you doing next Saturday the 17th?
Will be in Miami; lets fly!!!!!!!

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

#5 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 04:19 AM

I thought I heard a big sucking sound as rev sucked another one in... :blue-grin:

Congratulations!

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#6 kitefantex

kitefantex

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 05:56 AM

Now you have to get a std B serie, It has the other rod. So you will have one pro two wrap, two three wrap and one four wrap. Race rods are an additional order.

Kitefantex aka Gumby

#7 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:59 AM

And So It Begins... Muehuehuehuehuehue! Welcome to the fold! Posted Image

Interesting that you mention the driving. I always find that my driving is much smoooother when I leave my field after a good fly. :?

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#8 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:15 PM

I always end up driving a ballet routine as I head home. :)

*weave*surge*weave*zooooooooooooooom*

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

President - American Kitefliers Association

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#9 LS Kite Stakes

LS Kite Stakes

Make it Custom!

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:00 PM

I have found after a really good flying session I will be very relaxed. This will affect my driving and I end up in no hurry to go anywhere fast. :sign_kitelife:
LS Custom Kite Accessories

Maker of the Original Marble Kite Stake
And Revolution Snagless Pro Handles
http://www.Kitestakes.com

Posted Image

#10 DonaldLL

DonaldLL
  • Forum Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:59 AM

Kitefantex you are not allowed to read my mind! By the way, I bought a set of Race rods when I oredered the 2nd Rev so I have that covered.
I'll be ordering my 3rd Rev this week. I was thinking (subject to change) that I'd get a Supersonic next so I can add a little speed to the mix but then I found myself considering the standard B.

quaa714 my timing is just a little off. I was in New Orleans up until Thursday last week so I missed the Kite Fest Louisiane. The weekend you are in Miami, I am out of town again. Travel will cease for me beginning in May so anytime after that I can take you up on your offer

Donald

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users