Duane

#2 Scott_of_melnsct

Scott_of_melnsct

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:47 AM

That's a terrific article, and quite clear directions.

It makes me wonder....Has anybody tried affecting the same result by running a leader thru the handle (with knots at what will be the ends of the handle) and filling the ends with epoxy to create a solid knot stopper. Perhaps situate the knots just inside the ends of the tube so that the epoxy would encase the knot.
Scott A Koenig
Founding member: Tennessee Wind Militia
"We muster to fly at a moment's notice"

#3 jburka

jburka

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:41 AM

It makes me wonder....Has anybody tried affecting the same result by running a leader thru the handle (with knots at what will be the ends of the handle) and filling the ends with epoxy to create a solid knot stopper. Perhaps situate the knots just inside the ends of the tube so that the epoxy would encase the knot.

Actually, a bunch of years ago (I remember discussing it on the OC boardwalk, so maybe the '02 or '05 AKA convention?) a bunch of the DC folks got Lolly to make us an order of custom handles. Wrapped graphite without the steel inside, 17", and clean ends. There's a plastic plug in the end of the handle and the leaders are knotted inside the handle so there's just a clean line coming out the middle.

The only issue I've had is with the hole in the plastic caps enlarging so that the knots can slip through. Easy enough to fix, though.

I usually have a set in my rev bag; remind me the next time I see you (Wildwood? I don't recall you saying anything about the family coming to MIKE/MASKC) and I'll show 'em to you.

Actually, come to think of it, I may have a spare pair if someone's interested in them; I know I bought two sets when we put in the order.

#4 Scott_of_melnsct

Scott_of_melnsct

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:46 AM

Wrapped graphite without the steel inside, 17", and clean ends. There's a plastic plug in the end of the handle and the leaders are knotted inside the handle so there's just a clean line coming out the middle.

Sounds a whole lot like the indoor handles
Scott A Koenig
Founding member: Tennessee Wind Militia
"We muster to fly at a moment's notice"

#5 jburka

jburka

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:48 AM

Yup. They're modeled on the indoor rev handles -- but with traditional foam, traditional angle, and extended length.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users