#1 pitviper51

pitviper51

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:36 PM

Hi everyone,
back to flying now and I remember seeing weights for the rods somewhere,, I was looking but could not find a thread so... I was wondering is the rule of thumb when adding tail weight to get the kite to fly forward as a glider to itll fall flat and not dive ? thanks
mike

#2 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:16 PM

Hi everyone,
back to flying now and I remember seeing weights for the rods somewhere,, I was looking but could not find a thread so... I was wondering is the rule of thumb when adding tail weight to get the kite to fly forward as a glider to itll fall flat and not dive ? thanks
mike

The weights that you may be thinking of are included with the purchase of a Rev 1.5 B-Series. I do not remember exactly how much they weigh but it can't be more than a few grams. THe weights can be fun to play around with. It makes the wing tips heavier so that they have some more momentum, and can swing around a little easier. Flic-Flacs are and axels seem a bit easier with the weights. Personally, I have only ever used them once. Apparently they did not make significant enough of a difference for me to want to use them all the time. It was fun though.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#3 btbt

btbt

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:38 PM

I tried them on the 1.5 B and, as Watty said, it was interesting. Then I put them into one of my Rev 2`s and then it became much more interesting. So much so I wrapped them in tissue paper so they are snug inside the rod and they reside there permanently. The added snapiness and crispness, especially in tight turns, with the added weight(s) is certainly much more noticeable on the rev 2. Upside down flying requires a little adjusting as this is where the weights are more obvious, especially when the wind drops.
So for all you folks with a set of 1.5 B weights sitting in a drawer or your parts bin, get on out there and get a rev 2 to put `em to use.....
bt

#4 pitviper51

pitviper51

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:53 PM

thanks, I may experiment with wieghts zip tied to the bottom of the vertical rods, no need in having the kit weights, mine is a 1.5 vented and im looking to play around with some ideas I have. I really need a zen the winds here in ky are either all out or marginal at best.. and I have 'flown' the vent in 5-7 mph winds when its steady since I have the 3 wrap spar. but its a bit of work. Ill try soem things and make a video. thanks again
Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users