• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DonaldLL

DonaldLL
  • Forum Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:10 PM

Hello,

I have seached around the forum and don't see any festivals in or around South Florida. For some strange reason I don't see many kite flyers of any kind in South Florida. As so many suggest, I'd really like to spend some time with some experts and learn a thing or two. I'd really enjoy trying out some different Rev also. Can anyone tell me of a festival that I can get to in a day's drive (+/-500 miles) from Miami? Does such a festival exist... looking for Revs that is.

Thanks

#2 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:27 AM

Treasure Island is a grand place to fly, that festival is around the middle or so of January.
Folks come in from all over, must have been at least fifty of us, half registered for Eastern League competitions too.

My 23 yr old son Ben lives in south florida (coral springs), He's got a few revs and could offer you assistance, although his specialty is martial arts discipline.
Sundays are private lessons in Soo Bahk Do held outside in a park and then fly kites together (or shoot pool if it's too hot in the afternoon!)

#3 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:56 AM

Donald,
While the Treasure Island festival occurs in January, the Sunset Flyers are the group that live in that area and fly most weekends if I'm not mistaken. There website is www.sunsetflyers.com.

As it turns out, I will be in your area on Saturday, April 17. I'll PM you the details. Maybe we caould do an afternoon fly that day or Sunday afternoon?

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users