Wildwood Rendevous

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ThufferinThucotash

ThufferinThucotash
  • Forum Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:13 PM

Cancun 2010 059.jpg Cancun 2010 059.jpg Hope to meet some of you in Wildwood this May. I am new to kites and Rev flying, but once bitten in Mexico, I got the bug! My name is Alan, and Melanie put me up to posting a note on your site. I will need a ride to Wildwood from Newark NJ, where I hope to fly in from Maine. Any help would be appreciated.....
Alan

Edited by ThufferinThucotash, 29 March 2010 - 03:33 PM.

#2 melnsct

melnsct

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:30 PM

Hope to meet some of you in Wildwood this May. I am new to kites and Rev flying, but once bitten in Mexico, I got the bug! My name is Alan, and Melanie put me up to posting a note on your site. I will need a ride to Wildwood from Newark NJ, where I hope to fly in from Maine. Any help would be appreciated.....
Alan

ATTENTION LAURA, STEVE, RICH, SAMMY, BIG AL, BOB OR OTHER JERSEY CREW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my new friend Alan and he needs for one of you to pick him up at the airport and bring him to Wildwood!!!!!
I told him how sweet y'all are and that SOMEONE would love to bring him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He just joined the forum and doesn't have his first Rev yet, but he WILL SOON!!!!!!

DSCN1762 RESIZED.jpg
Here we are having a little tequila in Mexico....just to prove that he's a real person, lol.
Melanie in Tennessee

#3 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:47 PM

Hi Alan-

Welcome to the forum. It is a great bug to get!!!

Hi Mel-

How's everything?

If Alan didn't book his flight yet, he's much better off flying into Philly. Going to Newark adds another 1.5 hours, on average, to anyone's travels from our neck of the woods. That, along with when he's arriving makes it difficult to commit to picking him up (at least for me, sorry). Also, there will be others traveling with me. I couldn't say for sure that everything would even fit.

It is a lot easier to rent a car for this one. Hope the info helps.

See you guys soon.
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#4 mdilucca

mdilucca

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:08 PM

Hi Alan-

Hi Mel-

How's everything?

If Alan didn't book his flight yet, he's much better off flying into Philly. Going to Newark adds another 1.5 hours, on average, to anyone's travels from our neck of the woods. That, along with when he's arriving makes it difficult to commit to picking him up (at least for me, sorry). Also, there will be others traveling with me. I couldn't say for sure that everything would even fit.

See you guys soon.

Hey Laura;

Island Quad (Terry, Brad and myself) ETA into Philly is May 27, 11:37 PM EDT. We most likely get a ride with Beatrix to Wildwood on the 28th. I can't wait :kid_smartass:

Cheers
Mario

Cheers

Mario

Island_quad_logoSmall_50_zps817bf301.jpg

#5 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:14 PM

Hey Laura;

Island Quad (Terry, Brad and myself) ETA into Philly is May 27, 11:37 PM EDT. We most likely get a ride with Beatrix to Wildwood on the 28th. I can't wait :kid_smartass:

Cheers
Mario

Hello Mario-

That's so awesome! Can't wait to fly with you guys and just hang and have some great laughs.

See you soon.

xoxo

Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#6 melnsct

melnsct

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:47 PM

Hi Alan-

Hi Mel-

How's everything?

See you guys soon.

Well, personally I'd drive that far out of my way ANYTIME to pick up a fellow kite flyer.
So if any of you ever need me to pick you up anywhere within 2 or 3 hours from here, you just let me know!!

Alan, if no one can get you in Jersey, maybe you can fly into Philly and ride with Wayne and Barb!!
Hell, I'll drive up from Wildwood to Philly and get you if I need to....after all, I'm already driving 12+ hours from Tennessee.....what's a few more hours????

We'll get you to Wildwood somehow!!!!
Melanie in Tennessee

#7 Wayne

Wayne

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:42 AM

Welcome Alan,

Wildwood is a really fun event and it will be nice to meet you there.

Unfortunately, although we come from Pennsylvania, we will be arriving early and staying later than most. We also fill our station wagon too full for passengers since we have to bring bedding, food, etc for our stay at a condo in the area. We are not expert at packing light I'm afraid. Hopefully we will have others coming from the Philly area if you need a ride from there.

Wayne Reed
Rev Backtracker, 1.5 SLE, Custom Full, Mid-vent & Vented B Series, Shook Weave Kites
http://WReedImages.com
My Rev Gallery

#8 revtionolu97

revtionolu97
  • Forum Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:11 AM

Tip: click inside this box to load the editor

#9 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:09 PM

ohhhh yeeeeaa my time of the year .. cant beleave its almost here!!!!! im so pumped formy 28 th festival right in my hometown
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users