#21 Jynx

Jynx

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Location:West Allis (Milwaukee) WI ...and... New Smyrna Beach FL winters

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:14 PM

I just made him a ridiculous offer. If I win it I will be surprised, and will be needing a blast spar and some tedlar tape........ Posted Image

Did you over bid my $1 (Best Offer)?

"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power,

then there will be peace"

Jimi Hendrix

Posted Image

#22 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:49 PM

Hey Ben, you dont need to apologise for doing the right thing.

This guy is using Ebay for poor reasons.

Just can not get over his good feedback, I have often wondered if there might be a way to fiddle the feedback system.

You need to protect the Rev name, and JB (and the other folks that have joind in complaining), I think it is right that folks like this are stopped in what they are doing.

#23 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:57 AM

I think the only way to get into the feedback system to affect him in any way is to actually "win" his auction.
It looks as if both Jynx and Walt have but in valid bids but I don't recall seeing a reserve on the auction that would prevent someone from winning below a certain price. Though I don't see any real reason to even pay the minimal amt plus an outrageous shipping fee just to put a negative feedback on his wall.
I abhor these people who look to take advantage of the unknowing and then go one step further by additionally antagonizing the names and businesses of hard working legit people by way of bad mouthing them. (JB, your such a bad ass!!!)

I too have reported this guy and some others, a number of times to Ebay safe harbor and practices. Unfortunately, that also seems ineffectual however it may hold more weight when as company like Rev and business owners like JB and Bob file formal complaints.

The way to hit them hard meaningfully is to continue to press the issue in the legal arena with copyright, fraud and defamation attorneys as Revolution is doing and as JB and Bob Childs should now initiate. Just keep th guy paying legal fees on a daily basis.

I know there are a number of people on the kitelife forum, GWTW and the others mentioned that would financially aide their respective owners to fund a legal war chest.
The good names and businesses of those people listed and the awesomeness that is Revolution Kites should be fought for and defended on all fronts by their users to send a message to the weak people behind the copyright problems and defamatory nature of there false business practices.

My .02 of hot air deposited....cold hard cash to follow if appropriate!!!!!

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

#24 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:01 AM

Hey Ben, you dont need to apologise for doing the right thing.
This guy is using Ebay for poor reasons.
Just can not get over his good feedback, I have often wondered if there might be a way to fiddle the feedback system.

Have you noticed that there's negative or neutral feedback on just about every kite related item he's sold??? Everytime someone calls him on it he responds with the same thing: "This buyer is a competitor trying to smear our product. Kite is as advertised."

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#25 SynTaks

SynTaks

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:41 AM

I also noticed that he has a lot of power tool listings. I hope those aren't fake knockoffs, because that could end very badly to use a cheap knock off nail gun.

9 times out of 10 they're stolen. It used to be they'd take stuff like that to pawn shops, but now its ebay and craigslist. Makes you wonder about anything else he posts...
I really don't think the guy is into kites, kyson nail guns, chiropractic tables, repairing windshields, supplying every obscure inkjet printer, or offering 10 dollar warranties. I will say the balsa wood wasn't expected. And since kyson appears only half-legit with an eznet.biz subdomain, its probably label-ripped stuff that you usually see at a flea market/tool tent.... in Wisconsin.

I'm off to work to muddle about this a bit more, never seen the site "oodle.com", apparently another craigslist type thats even more slimey.

Posted Image
AlasKiters kite club

There's two of us crazies here.... which one is this?
He's into the B series, choreography and coloring.
She's into a bridleless SUL and skiing with a Blast.

#26 dagnabbit

dagnabbit

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:18 AM

The way to hit them hard meaningfully is to continue to press the issue in the legal arena with copyright, fraud and defamation attorneys as Revolution is doing and as JB and Bob Childs should now initiate. Just keep th guy paying legal fees on a daily basis.

That's probably the hardest thing to do- legal expenses in copyright and patent enforcement are staggering. I'm going through this with my brother in trying to protect his patent for solar backpacks. There are a lot of unscrupulous businesspeople out there. And will violate as many laws, regulations, and trade agreements as is profitable. The only thing that really works outside the legal arena is lack of business- if nobody is buying, then there's no business. We have lost massive $$$ in sales in the past years because of patent infringements, especially manufacturers in China copying the product, product name (and even the info from the website- pictures, text, everything) in their own marketing. Just because you send a cease-and-desist order doesn't mean people will stop. It has to hurt them on the bottom line. I hate dealing with this. You can and should do business in a competitive marketplace (and competition is good- it really drives improvement and innovation forward) without resorting to theft.

I guess the other aspect to this is user education. Honestly, I have no idea how much U.S.A sales for Revolution kites are lost because of counterfeits. I imagine that worldwide sales might have more percentage to lost sales. And I think Revolution, in promoting kiting the way they do- sponsoring iQuad, lots of exposure in the major kite festivals around the world, has done a stellar job in protecting their assets and intellectual property (as well as having WORLD CLASS customer service)- it's all happening the best method possible: word of mouth. (and TV ads... LOL. Imagine if someone wore a robe backwards, called it a blanket with sleeves, and then marketed the snot out of it? hahahaha... freaking marketing genius) But there will always be someone trying to copy what you're doing when you're doing it really well. It's all a matter of choosing which hills to climb, which battles to fight.
dagnabbit!

The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth

team Austin End Of The Line
team Quadzilla

#27 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,936 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:52 AM

I've compared notes with Bob Childs (a longtime friend of mine from back in the early 90s), and he's confirmed this guy is just tooting his own horn with these legal threats, nothing has ever come to fruition in over two years since Bob and I originally (and independantly) heard from Kyson.

The one clear path is to keep true information free and flowing, educate as many folks as we can into the real kiting community (Rev or otherwise) as we always do, and leave a wealth of objective experience out there on the web so unwary buyers at least have a chance of finding useful info before they wander into his web.

http://www.powerkite...d.php?tid=11398
http://www.powerkite...d.php?tid=11199
http://www.powerkite...d.php?tid=11192

http://www.gwtwforum....php?topic=2636

http://www.alibaba.c...ontactinfo.html (Alibaba has and may still be associated with Albatross - one of the Chinese copy companies)

http://www.fredmiran...098/0&year=2008 (complaints on non-kiting product)

You'll also be pleased to know that this forum topic now comes up on page #3 in Google under "Kyson USA". :)

I'm finished with this thing, on to better and more productive tasks.

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#28 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • 5,936 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:35 AM

I'm just posting this screenshot of his libel site for posterity so it's here for record if it's removed at a later date.

Screen shot 2010-03-24 at 10.37.18 AM.png

Also, what has need to be said has been said, so I'm also locking this thread so we can get on to more productive tasks.

John Barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#29 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • 5,936 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:08 PM

Ya, okay, one more note...

Just spent 30 minutes on the phone with eBay and they've agreed that this [libel] listing violates their policies on several levels.

I've been assured that I'll receive some sort of communication from eBay in the next 48 hours regarding resolution.

Score a win for Rev, Kitelife, GWTW and everyone else who was wrongly assaulted through this jerk's activity.

John Barresi

#30 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • 5,936 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:17 PM

For continuity, related discussion on GWTW...

http://www.gwtwforum....php?topic=2830

John Barresi

#31 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • 5,936 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:13 AM

Well, I did my homework yesterday and remembered (was reminded) that web hosting services have in their terms of service statements about use of such space for slander and personal information so I contacted their host's (bluehost.com) legal department and filled out the appropriate forms...

http://www.eznet.biz...erkiteforum.htm
http://www.eznet.biz...rkiteforums.htm

404 NOT FOUND

Suck on that ya wankers. :D

John Barresi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users