colour change

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bonefish

bonefish
  • Forum Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:34 PM

I have a flo yellow and black vented rev and a gold mid ven and a gold standard, how hard would it be to remove the lime green panels and replace them to gold to match the other 2.
And what is the correct material that i would do this with ?
its been that long i forgot the colour ?

Edited by bonefish, 23 February 2010 - 01:49 PM.

Regards Tony

#2 BAZ

BAZ

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:50 PM

I have a lime green vented rev and a gold mid ven and a gold standard, how hard would it be to remove the lime green panels and replace them to gold to match the other 2.

I dont know how easy it would be to do it
but I do believe the material is icarex pc31

Maker of the ULTRA NO SNAG HANDLES

BAZ

ani_victory.gif

#3 Jeepster

Jeepster

Curmudgeon

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:24 PM

The chance of you getting the same shade of gold as Rev uses is probably very slim. Material cost plus shipping will be about $20 in the states. A seam ripper, some goo gone to clean up the seam tape and careful replacement of the panel wouldn't be that difficult. But, you'll always have the new start-stop of the stitching and the old stitch holes in the non-replaced panels. ie, it'll always look like it's been repaired.

IIRC, Kent said the gold color was being phased out in 2010. Have you thought about buying a 2009 model and then selling your lime? Or, seeing if anyone would be willing to trade their gold vented sail for your lime vented sail? Shipping on the sail only would be very inexpensive.

Or, buy a 2009 gold kite and keep the lime for those days when you are bored with gold?

Cheers,
Tom

#4 bonefish

bonefish
  • Forum Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:44 PM

Good point, but my wife has just told me off for getting a rev bag, i did tell her that i needed one as my other kite bags was getting full whoops i let that slip as well so have to be carefull now, or i will lose my pocket money LOL
Regards Tony

#5 Jeepster

Jeepster

Curmudgeon

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:56 PM

Good point, but my wife has just told me off for getting a rev bag, i did tell her that i needed one as my other kite bags was getting full whoops i let that slip as well so have to be carefull now, or i will lose my pocket money LOL

A Rev bag with only three kites ... it must look anorexic ... I'm sure it's just begging to be fed a new kite. A new kite really is really in order to help it survive. The spouse probably won't even glance at a new gold kite ... just keep them moving ... like the magician distracts the audience.

Cheers,
Tom

#6 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:09 PM

I have a flo yellow and black vented rev and a gold mid ven and a gold standard, how hard would it be to remove the lime green panels and replace them to gold to match the other 2.
its been that long i forgot the colour ?

Too me, this seems like it would be more trouble than it is worth. Honestly, I would just go and buy a new or used gold vented, and keep the lime one for a backup, or for other people to use if a friend does not own a vented rev.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#7 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:11 AM

for an experienced kite builder, with the proper tools, patience and the desire, this isn't a tough assignment.
It will not look new unless you do it all over again though.

I used the acquisition technique that you have hidden in the back of your mind Bonefish (and for many years successfully!) I used to only buy red, black and white REVs, eventually though the three became many and overflowed into our residence. Now the cat's out of the bag, the wife does business with Rev direct instead of me and I own something like 54 of 'em. They aren't all R/W/K anymore either HA!

#8 pudsli

pudsli

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:33 AM

Hi Bonefish.
just make a new one from scratch.
icarex pc31 about 10 a metre, 3 metres needed, you will have plenty left over.
plus sone dacron, job done, one revalike to your own spec for about 50, bargain.
all the best steve.
Member of British S.T.A.C.K winter league pairs champs 2006/2007

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users