22 replies to this topic

#21 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:58 AM

I can't even begin to imagine stringing out 200' lines... heck we're happy if theres that much clear area to work in!

The topic made me think of something that Tak and I go back and forth on all the time... are there some kites you guys won't fly on particular line lengths? He plays with the indoor on 75's outside when theres no wind, I fly the shockwave on 65' lines, and we both think each other is crazy. But the more I think about what it would look like to have 200' lines, I keep thinking a Blast would be very fitting on the end of them!

I don't think I would ever fly my rev indoor on anything longer than 30, maybe 60' if it is a really big indoor venue. My rev indoor takes enough abuse from me as it is without me taking it outdoors XD

I also don't think I would ever fly a blast 4-8 on my 5 or 8 foot line sets...... I just don't think it would really fit.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#22 Jynx

Jynx

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts
  • Location:West Allis (Milwaukee) WI ...and... New Smyrna Beach FL winters

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:05 AM

I can't even begin to imagine stringing out 200' lines... heck we're happy if theres that much clear area to work in!

Very fortunate to have a screaming-large kiting field at our (Milwaukee WI) Lakefront, also the site of Gifts of Wings Kite Store. The winds, when off the lake, are clean and love my 200' lines... when the winds are eastbound (over the lake) the 200' lines makes for great play with sail and dinner cruise boats! Posted Image

"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power,

then there will be peace"

Jimi Hendrix

Posted Image

#23 SynTaks

SynTaks

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:20 PM

I don't think I would ever fly my rev indoor on anything longer than 30, maybe 60' if it is a really big indoor venue. My rev indoor takes enough abuse from me as it is without me taking it outdoors XD

I also don't think I would ever fly a blast 4-8 on my 5 or 8 foot line sets...... I just don't think it would really fit.

I guess I should explain here (I stated this in my post about Conner on AGT) what my better 3/4 failed to mention when she typed her post up.

I got the indoor as a gift, because I wanted something to fly when it's raining or simply too cold to fly outside. (Did we mention we're in Alaska and it gets REALLY cold in the Winter? I have yet to let that stop me if there is wind...) Because of my disability, I found that keeping the kite going inside it just too painful and, generally, not even possible. I have a 1.5 SUL but, again, for me working that with 0-2mph wind like most people can is just not in the itinerary.

What I figured to do was, when there isn't quite enough wind to fly the SUL, the indoor can still go up and I can still get my physical therapy, which is my reason for flying these things in the first place. (I've posted about that as well...) The indoor doesn't get used in more than 2mph wind, and is just a bit more difficult than flying my better 3/4's SUL, which is bridless. A person using the indoor rev as I have seen it, is doing more than 2 mph anyways. It's not as "tricky" as a standard rev, (I haven't seen a flicflac done with one yet) but it gives me something to use to get me up off my ass instead of sitting at home whining about how much pain I'm in. I still am in pain when I fly the rev, but at least it's buried in my head underneath "left spin" "right spin" "dive stop" and "Oh crap, I'm gunna crash the kite!"

I use the indoor on longer lines because I haven't figured out the proper way to do it on shorter ones yet. And, as I've said many times before, I'm MORE than happy to have someone come up here or bring me down to them to show me how to do it! ;)

--TaK

Posted Image
AlasKiters kite club

There's two of us crazies here.... which one is this?
He's into the B series, choreography and coloring.
She's into a bridleless SUL and skiing with a Blast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users