36 replies to this topic

#21 Quad KiT

Quad KiT

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 07:52 PM

LOL, the only problem Baloo is that he has a 30 right now. So the only way to get 30 out of 60 is to cut it in half. But then again I have to remember you are from across the pond where you use Pounds... not dollars ;) Maybe there is a way to come up with 30 by taking 20 and 40 ;)

joshing of course :P

#22 SKITCH

SKITCH

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 10:18 PM

This is for as delivered from the Factory to the dealer:
Down spars are most often the 3 wrap labeled "ultra light" when the SLE is labeled "ultra light". In the case that the SLE has a "Revolution Equipped" label, then the down spars will be 4 wrap "Revolution Equipped". The latter can be found on some, maybe all(at least mine) vented REV 1.5 SLEs.

Yep, that's what I've got...pulled them out tonight to clean and check. Ultra light down spars with the SLE.

Thanks again guys......

#23 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 01:48 PM

QK I was saying it would have been better to make 20 and 40, oh blow it you know what I mean!!

And you are only jealous cuz we use proper measurements and stuff.

Of course if they are stretchy lines you could stretch them out a bit.

Or maybe cut a 30 down to 20 and tie the cut off bit onto a 30 to make a 40.

Now I am evn confusing myself, what were we talking about??

#24 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 05:35 PM

Just for the record, I didn't cut my lines. I bought a 30ft set from the Kite Shoppe, and lost my old 60ft set.

I like that whole "and stuff" part in that post Baloo. It definately shows how much more sefisticated you are.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#25 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 09:19 PM

Well we on this side of the pond like to give a good example so that others can become more sophisticated. Makes folks aspire dontchaknow.

hope you find your 60's soon, and you will love the 120's you get such a BIG window to fly in. Biggiest problem I have found is that walk of shame is a long one. I need Quad Sticks front and back!!

#26 Jim Foster

Jim Foster

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 09:47 PM

Biggiest problem I have found is that walk of shame is a long one.

Had been flying on 85s for years. After attaching the kite to the end of my 120s, it felt like I needed a passport to get back to my handles. :lol:

Jim
Fly together! Share the joy, Share the fun

#27 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 02:33 AM

jim. i said the same thing when i tried my 120 footers for the first time i thought i was lost for a while there :lol:
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#28 MrDenny

MrDenny

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 06:31 AM

I fly 30 footers most of the time. I like to fly for an hour or less many times on the way to work and the 30s set up quickest also I don’t have to spend time looking for a spot to fly with so much room. I am getting to the point where I can fly the 30s on a fairly crowded beach and not kill anyone. I have 80s a 30 and a 40. Although I fly them all from time to time I am interested in what it’s like to fly with 120s! I know that after playing with the 30s then going to the longer lines seems to be easier to fly. I guess it feels more forgiving. With 120 feet of line out there the window must feel huge. Do you still have the crisp control? What about in lighter winds? With no teams flying here I can’t see the investment (yet). At least not without more reasons.

Denny #12

.. .

Posted Image

#29 Jim Foster

Jim Foster

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:05 AM

Last August Lynn and I met up with Bob Serack on a beach north of Seaside, OR. Bob made a 24 stack of mini-revs. He broke the stack down and we flew a six stack, with tails on 130 foot lines. The window was so wide, you could put the Queen Mary through it.

Jim

Attached Thumbnails

• P8183894.JPG
  • P8183920.JPG
  • P8183908.JPG

#30 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:53 AM

I can;t wait to get the lines from the kite shoppe. I'm just waiting for my step-dad to finally pay me! I"m with you denny, I love how quick and painless it is to set up and take down 30' lines.

Spence "Watty" Watson

#31 Mike

Mike

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:53 AM

...With no teams flying here I can’t see the investment (yet).

The idea is that there doesn't have to be a team flying near you. If all rev fliers carry a set of 120s with them, whenever you happen to meet up with another couple fliers you can be an instant team. By standardizing on 120's you can be sure that you will all have a set of matching length lines. Download the team manual and give a shot. It's a blast and well worth the investment in a line set!
Mike Kory:
Posted Image and Posted Image

#32 Jim Foster

Jim Foster

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:56 AM

If all rev fliers carry a set of 120s with them, whenever you happen to meet up with another couple fliers you can be an instant team. By standardizing on 120's you can be sure that you will all have a set of matching length lines. It's a blast and well worth the investment in a line set!

True story. "Teams happen". Be prepared. Also, flying on 120s gives you a very big sky to fly in. Downside.......when you set up your kite, you need a passport to get back to your handles. :lol:

Jim

#33 MrDenny

MrDenny

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 09:20 AM

I just got an idea and can’t wait to try it. If this is nuts someone tell me before I go and spend the cash. I am going to buy a 90# 900’ bulk gold. When I get it I am going to make a 200’ set! I think it will be a blast to play with for a bit. It isn’t practical around here as I will probably have to get up before the sun to get to a deserted enough beaches to fly it. I do think that it will be a great experience worth the trouble. I think a strong wind with the vented and a 3 or 4 wrap at 200’out will be a totally new experience. Ok I don’t plan on spending all that cash just for that. Once I have done it a few times I plan to cut it down to a 120’ so that I will have the magic number that I can practice with, in case I ever meet up with any real rev flyers. It also gives me another 80’ set which I use all the time. The extra 100’ I can make up a set or ultra short for my SUL on no wind days. This all just seems to work out so well and sounds like so much fun! I must be missing something.

900 feet bulk
4x200’=800’= 200’ set plus a 100’ line to chop up for sort set.
Later,
4x120’=480’= 120’ set
4x80’=320’=80’ set

And of course I end up with a 20~25’ set to practice the toss and catch with the SUL.
Is this whole idea nuts or a good use of buying bluk line?

Denny #12

.. .

Posted Image

#34 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 02:46 PM

I can;t wait to get the lines from the kite shoppe. I'm just waiting for my step-dad to finally pay me! I"m with you denny, I love how quick and painless it is to set up and take down 30' lines.

Shipped them off to you this morning! you may get them tomorrow, or maybe by Thursday. :)

The Laser Pro gold is 90#. no 80#
so I sent LPG 90# x 120' Quad. :)

Have fun!!!

T

(ps.....wish you could come and play with us at Ocean Shores this weekend!)

#35 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 02:49 PM

I just got an idea and can’t wait to try it. If this is nuts someone tell me before I go and spend the cash. I am going to buy a 90# 900’ bulk gold. When I get it I am going to make a 200’ set! I think it will be a blast to play with for a bit. It isn’t practical around here as I will probably have to get up before the sun to get to a deserted enough beaches to fly it. I do think that it will be a great experience worth the trouble. I think a strong wind with the vented and a 3 or 4 wrap at 200’out will be a totally new experience. Ok I don’t plan on spending all that cash just for that. Once I have done it a few times I plan to cut it down to a 120’ so that I will have the magic number that I can practice with, in case I ever meet up with any real rev flyers. It also gives me another 80’ set which I use all the time. The extra 100’ I can make up a set or ultra short for my SUL on no wind days. This all just seems to work out so well and sounds like so much fun! I must be missing something.

900 feet bulk
4x200’=800’= 200’ set plus a 100’ line to chop up for sort set.
Later,
4x120’=480’= 120’ set
4x80’=320’=80’ set

And of course I end up with a 20~25’ set to practice the toss and catch with the SUL.
Is this whole idea nuts or a good use of buying bluk line?

I was thinking of making John a 200' set just to play with too! LOL!
I'll ask him when he gets back tonight.

Question though for you.....The bulk LPG spools are 1000'. Or 3000', Or 10,000'.......
I haven't heard of a 900' spool.

Just wanted to make sure you get the 'real' stuff.....and not a knock off spool at 900'.

Theresa

#36 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:40 PM

i have some cheap line that i think i can do 200 foot quads with i too am wondering if it will work
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#37 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:19 PM

Shipped them off to you this morning! you may get them tomorrow, or maybe by Thursday. :)

The Laser Pro gold is 90#. no 80#
so I sent LPG 90# x 120' Quad. :)

Have fun!!!

T

(ps.....wish you could come and play with us at Ocean Shores this weekend!)

Now I'm anxious!

I wish I could come there this weekend, but It's a bit of a drive. Luckily summer break is in 3 weeks for me (actually 14 days of school spread over the course of 3 weeks) and there will be a better chance of me being able to make it out there some time. If I can't, there is still WSIKF! ;)

Spence "Watty" Watson

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)