Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:31 AM

finally mailed in my registration packet
traveling/staying with Dave Ashworth to Wildwood,

spent most of Sunday going thru stuff determining what gets to go where,
geeze we own a bunch of crap we'll never use!

#23 Sky Festival Productions

Sky Festival Productions

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:47 AM

Hi Everyone,

Well, it's coming upon us in just 27 days!!!!

If you haven't already gotten your completed registration forms in to me yet, please do so. Note, they must be in no later than May 15 for pre registration. Even if you are not competing, please complete the form for insurance purposes. Executing this in advance will shorten your wait in line at registration on site.

Also, please be sure you are sending them to the address on THIS YEAR'S registration form. A few of you have sent it to last year's address and I will not be receiving them.

Thanks so much to all of you and I can't wait to see you all in less than 4 weeks! C'mon, let's the party started!!!!!! :-)

Warmly,
Beatrix

#24 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:30 AM

19 days to go.

Registration form just went in the mail.

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#25 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:41 PM

Here comes the press releases...

Kites of All Shapes and Sizes Fill the Wildwoods' Sky with Color During 25th Annual Wildwoods International Kite Festival
Mon, 05/10/2010 - 3:33 pm

WILDWOOD The 25th Annual Wildwoods International Kite Festival will kick off the summer season in the Wildwoods this Memorial Day Weekend, Friday, May 28 through Monday, May 31, on the beach at Rio Grande Avenue and in the Wildwoods Convention Center.

The Wildwoods International Kite Festival is the largest kite festival in North America, featuring kite makers from around the world flying their most incredible creations from inflatable creatures to traditional kites. Guest kite makers this year include Ron Gibian of Visalia, CA; Dean Jordan of Gainesville, FL; Martin Blais of Maryville, TN; Jacques & Francine Letourneau of Quebec, Canada; and Robert Brasington of Tasmania, Australia, to name just a few.

This year's festival will also draw hundreds of kite fliers from area kite clubs to the Wildwoods, including the South Jersey Kite Flyers, Liberty High Spirits of New Jersey, Kites Over New England, Wings Over Washington, Richmond Air Force, Connectikiters and Keystone Kiters.

The Wildwoods International Kite Festival kicks off at noon on Friday, May 28, on the beach next to the Wildwoods Convention Center during the Wildwoods "Unlocking of the Ocean" ceremony. Students from Wildwood schools will celebrate the start of the summer season in the Wildwoods by flying their own hand-made kites on the beach. The festival continues on Friday night at 9:00 p.m. during the Nite Kite Fly, featuring illuminated kites of all kinds filling the sky.

The International Kite Festival continues on Saturday, May 29 and Sunday, May 30, with the East Coast Stunt Kite Championships, featuring the best sport kite pilots in the United States. The championships are comprised of a variety of competitions for individuals, pairs and teams. Also during the weekend, join in the Butterfly Migration, Candy Drop, Running of the Bols, Rev Games and Rokkaku Challenge; or fly a kite on the Learn to Fly Field and watch the Fighter Kite Competition. More fun is to be had inside the Wildwoods Convention Center with kite exhibits, workshops and indoor flying. Outdoor workshops on the beach will also take place.

The holiday weekend festivities conclude on Monday, May 31, when the International Kite Festival features the World Indoor Kite Competition in the Oceanfront Arena at the Wildwoods Convention Center.

Below is a list of International Kite Festival activities taking place throughout the weekend:

South Jersey Kite Flyers Friday night social, poolside, Oceanic Hotel, $7.00 all you can eat buffet beginning at 6:00 p.m.;
Friday Nite Kite Fly features illuminated kites & music starting at 9:00 p.m. on the beach between Rio Grande Avenue and Andrews Avenue;
Boardwalk on the Beach vendors selling kites, novelties, crafts, food and drinks between Leaming Avenue and Andrews Avenue;
Free kite lessons and a "Learn To Fly" field on the beach in front of Leaming Avenue during the day on Saturday and Sunday;
Free "Learn to Fly Indoor" kite lessons in the Wildwoods Convention Center;
Free kite making workshops for all on Saturday and Sunday afternoons in the Wildwoods Convention Center and on the beach at Rio Grade Avenue;
Extravagant kite exhibits on display in the Wildwoods Convention Center, both in the south lobby and exhibit room;
Demonstrations and workshops by world class stunt kite flyers both in the Wildwoods Convention Center and on the beach near Rio Grande Avenue;
Kite Makers Competition Saturday on the beach near Rio Grande Avenue;
Indian Fighter Kite Battles on Sunday on the beach near Rio Grande Avenue;
Japanese Rokkaku Challenges taking place Sunday afternoon on the beach in near Rio Grande Avenue;
Kite Club Ground Displays bring your camera;
Butterfly Kite Migration Fly on Saturday and Sunday on the beach near Rio Grande Avenue;
Four-line stunt kite mega-fly and skill games on Saturday and Sunday on the demo and activities field;
The Great Kite Auction open to the public in the Wildwoods Convention Center on Saturday at 7:00 p.m. many unique kites and collectibles will be auctioned off;
Kite games and competitions including Running of the Bols competition for kids and adults with prizes; ground display judging; sport kite competition judging; candy drops and more;
Free family activities featuring face painting, LegoMaster, and Sand Pounders (the building of sand sculptures);
The Blue Voodoo kite band playing at the Oceanic bar Sunday evening

For additional information about the 25th Annual Wildwoods International Kite Festival, please call 732-822-4884 or visit www.SkyFestivals.com.

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#26 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:57 PM

Hi Carolyn-

Very cool!!

I can't wait to see everyone. Posted Image

Island Quad, it's not long, now. See you guys soon!!!

... and don't forget....
...get those lights ready for some night flying. Posted Image
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#27 mdilucca

mdilucca

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 08:37 PM

Hi Carolyn-

Very cool!!

I can't wait to see everyone. Posted Image

Island Quad, it's not long, now. See you guys soon!!!

... and don't forget....

Yeap Laura will bring the lights for sure.... I can't wait..... :w00t: :w00t:

Cheers
Mario

Cheers

Mario

Island_quad_logoSmall_50_zps817bf301.jpg

#28 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:40 AM

Just watch out for those parking lots! They come up on you quickly when flying at night! Posted Image

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#29 Wayne

Wayne

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:54 AM

Hi Carolyn-

... and don't forget....

Laura,

I realized that I have not yet witnessed a night fly. I will have to rectify that at Wildwood. I don't have kite lights but I do want to see (and maybe try to photograph) a night fly.

I just have to finish dealing with the videos from MIKE before the Wildwood event. I still have a bunch of video clips of mega-flys to edit down to 10 minutes for Youtube. Unfortunately, I have no video of the 2 4x4 grid flys we did, only the stills I put in my gallery.

Wayne Reed
Rev Backtracker, 1.5 SLE, Custom Full, Mid-vent & Vented B Series, Shook Weave Kites
http://WReedImages.com
My Rev Gallery

#30 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:05 PM

Just watch out for those parking lots! They come up on you quickly when flying at night! Posted Image

-Alden

Posted Image

Hi Alden-

Great memories for sure!! Every time I use the light (it survived!!!! only the clip part exploded!!) I can't help but think about it and chuckle a bit!!!
That truly was a great time! .... then again, when is flying with the gang not?

Laura,

I realized that I have not yet witnessed a night fly. I will have to rectify that at Wildwood. I don't have kite lights but I do want to see (and maybe try to photograph) a night fly.

I just have to finish dealing with the videos from MIKE before the Wildwood event. I still have a bunch of video clips of mega-flys to edit down to 10 minutes for Youtube. Unfortunately, I have no video of the 2 4x4 grid flys we did, only the stills I put in my gallery.

Hi Wayne-

It's really amazing to watch. Oh, and a ton of fun to do, too!!! I might have a few lights you can use; if you like.

No worries about the grid action. One thing for sure; if you're flying, you're not filming! I have to sneak the shots in!!! <BIG GRINS>

Posted ImageI definitely feel another memorable weekend coming our way!!!!!!Posted Image

***Just a suggestion for anyone interested in the megaflys: ***
It will be helpful if everyone has a radio. It makes the entire flying environment more comfortable and much easier for the one calling to handle. Just my two cents.

Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#31 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:55 PM

hi all im counting down the days.. untill you all come here once again.. they have just past a bill to legalize bars on the boards.. so hopefully if this passes this summer we will be able to have a few beers on the boards ..YAY!!!

Edited by antman, 14 May 2010 - 03:56 PM.

GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#32 Sky Festival Productions

Sky Festival Productions

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:26 AM

Hey everyone,

Oh my GOD, we're less than two weeks away - woo-hoo!!!!!!

Ok, there's a couple of things I'd like to address in advance in the spirit of all of us being on the same page and having a great time . . . .

Field usage for the primary fields - Festival Field (the largest and north field), Field 1 (center, west), and Field 2 (center, east) - on both Sat & Sun will all be shared this year in a little bit of a different way as last year.

Field 1 will be utilized full throttle in the morning hours for varied non-Rev events, i.e., running of the bols, candy drops, Fighter Kite, Fugu Frolic, Scott Spencer Kite Makers Competition, Rok Challenges, etc., both days. On Sat, Field 1 will be utilized for these events until 1:30pm; on Sun, Field 1 will be utilized for these events until 12:30pm.

On Sat, Rev flyers will have Field 2 from the beginning of the day until 1:30pm; from 1:30pm on, Rev flyers will have Field 1. On Sun, Rev flyers will have Field 2 from the beginning of the day until 12:30pm; from 12:30pm on, Rev flyers will have Field 1.

The Festival Field will be "split" into 1/3 & 2/3 for Sat & Sun also, meaning that the west 1/3 side of that field will be utilized from 2:00pm-4:00pm for events which would normally take place in Field 1, with the east 2/3 of the field being utilized for large kites. The purpose of doing this is to allow all events to take place and for the Rev flyers to have a space to fly.

As you can see, everyone will be working together in order to allow all events to take place and to provide my client with what they're wanting to take place, which ends up being a win-win for everyone.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me via email!

Thanks very much to EVERYONE who attends and/or participates in whatever way to this event - without ALL of you, this certainly wouldn't be the event it is!

Rich Comras and I keep on promising each other every year that I'll find 5 minutes to fly with you guys - with a little bit of luck and great timing, I hope to fly an OPK with you guys this year!

Looking forward to seeing you all soon!!!

Warmly,
Beatrix

#33 beach

beach

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 01:55 PM

Hey everyone,

Ok, there's a couple of things I'd like to address in advance in the spirit of all of us being on the same page and having a great time . . . .

Field usage for the primary fields - Festival Field (the largest and north field), Field 1 (center, west), and Field 2 (center, east) - on both Sat & Sun will all be shared this year in a little bit of a different way as last year.

Field 1 will be utilized full throttle in the morning hours for varied non-Rev events, i.e., running of the bols, candy drops, Fighter Kite, Fugu Frolic, Scott Spencer Kite Makers Competition, Rok Challenges, etc., both days. On Sat, Field 1 will be utilized for these events until 1:30pm; on Sun, Field 1 will be utilized for these events until 12:30pm.

On Sat, Rev flyers will have Field 2 from the beginning of the day until 1:30pm; from 1:30pm on, Rev flyers will have Field 1. On Sun, Rev flyers will have Field 2 from the beginning of the day until 12:30pm; from 12:30pm on, Rev flyers will have Field 1.

The Festival Field will be "split" into 1/3 & 2/3 for Sat & Sun also, meaning that the west 1/3 side of that field will be utilized from 2:00pm-4:00pm for events which would normally take place in Field 1, with the east 2/3 of the field being utilized for large kites. The purpose of doing this is to allow all events to take place and for the Rev flyers to have a space to fly.

As you can see, everyone will be working together in order to allow all events to take place and to provide my client with what they're wanting to take place, which ends up being a win-win for everyone.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me via email!

Thanks very much to EVERYONE who attends and/or participates in whatever way to this event - without ALL of you, this certainly wouldn't be the event it is!

Rich Comras and I keep on promising each other every year that I'll find 5 minutes to fly with you guys - with a little bit of luck and great timing, I hope to fly an OPK with you guys this year!

Warmly,
Beatrix

Your always welcome to fly mine.... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#34 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 03:24 PM

Hey everyone,

Warmly,
Beatrix

Love ya Trix!!!!!!
Don't think flying OPKs will be a problem for ya as long as u can find the time to join us!!!!!!!!
CYA very soon!!!!!!

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

#35 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:54 AM

One and a half weeks to go. I am starting to get antzy. In a day or so I'll start checking the weather every couple hours...

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#36 jsking

jsking

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:02 AM

One and a half weeks to go. I am starting to get antzy. In a day or so I'll start checking the weather every couple hours...

-Alden

"antzy"? What are you trying to say, Alden? Ya got a thing for antman? Posted Image
Jeff
Wings Over Washington
http://www.flickr.co...44623@N00/sets/

--------------------
Revus Regnum

#37 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:58 AM

"antzy"? What are you trying to say, Alden? Ya got a thing for antman? Posted Image

Nice Jeff! I was thinking the same thing.

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

#38 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:32 AM

i see my name getting throwen around here!!!!

#39 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:40 AM

Hey, we all know how Ant "likes it". :kid_devlish:

Can't wait to fly with everyone.

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#40 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:58 AM

alden.. ill have the kitty ready to fly there that for sure.. it was a fun winter with her!!!

Edited by antman, 23 May 2010 - 10:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users