#1 Sky Festival Productions

Sky Festival Productions

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:43 AM

Hi Everyone,

As of today, the 25th Wildwoods International Kite Festival is 102 days away - woo-hoo! - and with the snow especially in the north east, Memorial Day can't come soon enough!

A great big hello to everyone and I hope you & yours are all doing well. It's been that time of year again when I begin working feaverishly on WIKF and am looking forward to seeing you all. There are a lot of great things taking shape on this end and as time progresses, I'll post here with updated info to keep you in the loop.

The registration form is just about complete and I should have that out to all the east cost clubs (I don't have any other club addresses), Regional Directors, and will post it here if the site allows. Naturally, it will be posted on the Sky Festivals web site (www.SkyFestivals.com) on the "Events" page. As soon as it's available I'll drop a post to advise.

This years anniversary event is sure to bring folks out of the wood work beginning with Sam & Annie Ritter and Peter Kouklamanis! I'm trying to coax Sliceman out of a Buffalo, NY hybernation though I may need a bit of help, so please feel free to harass him - I told him it wouldn't be a true 25th without spandex & tye-dye! :-)

One of the items being worked on is a 25th Anniversary photo collage that will be displayed in the Gallery (Meeting Room 2) of the Wildwoods Convention Center (along with other displays) and we'd LOVE your help! We'd love to have a copy of any photo's you'd like to share with us from any of the past 25 Wildwood events - I'm sure there are some interesting ones out there. :-) Pauly Berard's girlfriend, Tara Goncalves, is spearheading this project and she can receive your photos either via email or your hard copy photos (which will not be returned) to their address. Tara's email address is taraj999@hotmail.com; the address for mailing hard copy photos is 28 Watson St., Woonsocket, RI 02895. PLEASE BE SURE TO SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOS NO LATER THAN SUNDAY, APRIL 25.

Sincere thanks to all of you who have ever come to a Wildwood, to those who are guests, to those who are part of the Op's team, and to those who need a reason to come to Wildwood - you've got one this year, it's the 25th anniversary!

I look forward to seeing you all!

Warmly,
Beatrix

#2 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:20 AM

Heya Beatrix!

Who do we poke in order to get iQuad there? If we're going to make this Anniversary a real party, it wouldn't be complete without them. :)

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#3 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:05 AM

counting down the days untill this great event starts up once again
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#4 AdventureAng

AdventureAng

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:44 AM

Heya Beatrix!

Who do we poke in order to get iQuad there? If we're going to make this Anniversary a real party, it wouldn't be complete without them. Posted Image

I second that!

Also, what's this year's theme?
~AdventureAng
Happy flying to everybody. Now get off the computer and get a kite out! hehe

#5 mdilucca

mdilucca

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:59 AM

Team Island Quad will be there for the first time on the East coast :w00t: :wub:

Cheers
Mario

Cheers

Mario

Island_quad_logoSmall_50_zps817bf301.jpg

#6 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:25 PM

Team Island Quad will be there for the first time on the East coast :w00t: :wub:

Cheers
Mario

AWESOME Mario..........That is excellent news!!!!!!! Can't wait to see you guys!!!!

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

#7 Sky Festival Productions

Sky Festival Productions

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:31 PM

Hey guys,

While I would LOVE for iQuad to come out ANY year, it's just not in the bag on my end financially. I'm sure we'd all agree that the show that all of YOU bring to the table is equally as important and inspiring as well!

Warmly,

Beatrix

#8 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 06:50 AM

Wooo Hoooo! That's great news, Mario! :ani_punk:

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#9 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:25 AM

mario.. great to hear you comeing to visit my backyard. can t wait to meet you

#10 mdilucca

mdilucca

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:45 PM

AWESOME Mario..........That is excellent news!!!!!!! Can't wait to see you guys!!!!

Hey Rich, we're totally looking forward to fly with the Riders again and meet the rest of the crew there :kid_smartass: :wub: We contacted Beatrix already and Terry will email you and Laura to coordinate something for our arrival :w00t:

Cheers and take care!!
Mario

Cheers

Mario

Island_quad_logoSmall_50_zps817bf301.jpg

#11 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:19 PM

Hey Rich, we're totally looking forward to fly with the Riders again and meet the rest of the crew there :kid_smartass: :wub: We contacted Beatrix already and Terry will email you and Laura to coordinate something for our arrival :w00t:

Cheers and take care!!
Mario

It's coming up soon!!!!!!!!! Feels like it's right around the corner. So psyched you guys are making the trip!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

#12 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:16 PM

It's coming up soon!!!!!!!!! Feels like it's right around the corner. So psyched you guys are making the trip!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image WHAT RICH SAID!!!!!!Posted Image

Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#13 Sky Festival Productions

Sky Festival Productions

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:07 AM

Hi Everyone, Without further adieu, attached please find the registration form for the 25th Wildwoods International Kite Festival! Please note a few things:* kindly complete and return whether you are competing or not - everyone flying on the field MUST register;* hard copy (snail mail) registrations must be received no later than Saturday, May 15, 2010 to be considered pre event registration;* for those of you who print, complete and scan the reg forms back to me via email (this is not considered "hard copy"), the deadline date for these is also no later that Saturday, May 15, 2010;* one of the many items in the works I can share with you that's new is a "Butterfly Migration" - any of you who have Butterfly kites, be sure to bring them with you for the Butterfly Migration that will take place!;* as additional information is confirmed, I'll be sure to let you know! As always, sincere thanks for those of you who have any part of beng involved with this festival, I truly look forward to seeing you all soon! Warmly,Beatrix

Attached Files

#14 Smitty

Smitty

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 01:33 PM

I noticed quad pairs isn't on the schedule. I'm guessing it's because OMPB isn't an Eastern League discipline. But it is an AKA discipline. So if it were to be offered you wouldn't get EL points but you would get AKA points. So for those of you who plain on competing. It looks like it will only be individual events. No teams and no pairs. Which is perfectly fine for some.......there isn't a big interest in competing anyway. Just so ya know.

Smith

Edited by Smitty, 27 February 2010 - 01:34 PM.

#15 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:40 PM

did i forget to add that im more excited then all of you to see you all come to my hometown once again!!!!!!

#16 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:09 PM

Anybody want to split lodging or travel expenses?

I'd probably drive up from the Washington DC area, staying in the "woods" from 26th or 27th of May until the first of June (nobody leaves on Memorial Day anyway!)

#17 klaatu

klaatu
  • Forum Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:33 AM

Looking forward to meeting everyone.............. Last time I was there 1997 WOW. Roger coming from Costa Rica??

Hello Dennis...................

Mark

Edited by klaatu, 06 April 2010 - 07:41 AM.

"Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!"

"The man in black fled across the desert,

and the gunslinger followed..."

#18 Jeepi

Jeepi
  • Forum Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:01 PM

Wiil be there for the first time, cant wait ...

See ya!

#19 Sky Festival Productions

Sky Festival Productions

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:33 PM

Hey everyone, There's a few things I'd like to share with you re WIKF '10 . . . * if you are attending & need to make lodging reservations, you may want to do this sooner rather than later - I've just learned that on the Sat of the event, May 29, there will be the unveiling of a permanent memorial wall (replicating the one in D.C.) in the park that is directly next to & north of the Oceanic & across from the Wildwoods Convention Center. Other activities will be taking place there also throughout the day including arts & crafts, a live band, etc. The point to note here is that when they erected a temporary wall three years ago, it drew 20K people just for that event alone. Hence, they are expecting an even larger crowd and are closing the streets near this area on Sat. If the event drew 20K three years ago on a temporary wall, it's going to draw an even larger crowd for the permanent wall, and sleeping rooms/lodging will be scarce;* if you haven't already completed & sent in your registration forms, I would greatly appreciate it if you could do this as soon as possible;* if you haven't already done so also and you have photos you would like to include for the 25th anniversary photo collage, please get them to Tara Goncalves also as soon as possible. Tara has not received a lot of photos and we would really like to make this a spectacular showing, so if you could dig into the photo box and get them to her, that would also be fabulous. Via email Tara can be reached at taraj999@hotmail.com or via snail mail she can be reached at 28 Watson St., Woonsocket, RI 02895. PLEASE BE SURE TO SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOS NO LATER THAN SUNDAY, APRIL 25.

Additional news & updates will be coming down the pike shortly and as always, sincere thanks to all of you who attend this event, I truly look forward to seeing you all in less than two months (and yes, anxiety is already setting in!) Warmly,Beatrix

#20 Scott_of_melnsct

Scott_of_melnsct

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:32 PM

book room at Oceanic: Check

make reservation for Cape May - Lewes Ferry: Check

Fly with all my friends at Wildwood: ETA 11am Friday May 28th
Scott A Koenig
Founding member: Tennessee Wind Militia