4 replies to this topic

#1 Keith Griffiths

Keith Griffiths

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:27 AM

STACK will be running full IRB competitions (traditional precision / ballet competitions) at the following places in 2010

Suffolk kite festival, Rougham airfield, Bury St Edmunds, May 15/16,

Southampton kite festival, Lordshill playing fields, Southampton, June 19/20,

Herefordshire kite festival, Berrington Hall, Leominster, July 17/18.

To participate you will need to be a member of STACK and in possession of a competition license, as normal. These can be downloaded from the STACK website. The competition license if free for your first year of competition.

As an additional event this year we are also going to be at the Shrewsbury kite festival (probably 14/15 August) to run a competition for junior and novice fliers only. There will be coaching available on the Saturday, and the competition on the Sunday. It will be a 'mix' competition, so only 3 figures and a ballet, no precision freestyle routine.

Please note, my rev flying friends, that you are also warmly invited to participate, this isn't a dual line only competition. We will have available indi, pair and team competitions for you, just remember to register by at least one month before so we can get everything in place for you.

The only real problem is that you might end up competing against Mssrs Robertshaw (both of them) and Goff :)
Keith
Posted Image
National Director

ExGrads pairs
Airheads demo team '10

#2 Stephen Hoath

Stephen Hoath

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 05:17 AM

Thanks for the information Keith.

If you have not seen a competition before or want to try but don't know where to start i would highly recommend going along to see one of these. It can be a little daunting to start of with but there are plenty of people who will be more than happy to fill you in on the mysteries of Sport Kite Competition.

A lot of us started off with competition and i for one have benefited hugely from competition. Keith, can you point us in the direction of the STACK web site and let us know what benefits there are to joining STACK?

Stephen

Stephen Hoath

<a href="http://www.baidesign.net" rel="nofollow">Bai Design</a>

cappalatte-150x90.jpg

#3 Keith Griffiths

Keith Griffiths

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:35 AM

Keith, can you point us in the direction of the STACK web site and let us know what benefits there are to joining STACK?

In my .sig the big STACK logo in the union flag is clickable, just like the Flying Squad logo :-)

As for benefits:
The satisfaction of joining a community of keen sport kite fliers, both two and four line,
the opportunity to compete,
access to the best coaches (though to be fair I believe the likes of TFS and the Decs have some reasonable fliers :-P)
the opportunity to compete,
a wonderful bi-monthly(ish) newsletter written entirely by me (will someone please write some copy?)
Did I mention competitions?

How about the insurance? Public liability insurance is getting to be a must these days. I hate focusing on the insurance as (i hope) we will never need to use it.

Joking aside, the act of competing will make you a better flier; it forces you to practice in less than ideal condition, makes you try that bit harder to beat the next guy (or your last score) and you get feedback from the judges.
Keith
Posted Image
National Director

ExGrads pairs
Airheads demo team '10

#4 Stephen Hoath

Stephen Hoath

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:14 AM

Ah, I knew i there was something i was missing when i turned off all those pesky and time consuming to download signatures. I may have to turn them back on now.

Thanks
:blushing:

Stephen Hoath

<a href="http://www.baidesign.net" rel="nofollow">Bai Design</a>

cappalatte-150x90.jpg

#5 HippyChippy

HippyChippy
  • Forum Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:29 PM

I would consider it a forgone conclusion and a great honour to be beaten by Mssrs Robertshaw and Mr Goff. lol I still wouldn't mind having a go someday though.

Thanks for the post Keith.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users