#41 Scott A.

Scott A.

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:30 AM

Hello,
This may seem late, what is the status of this routine builder? is it avaiable somewhere now, or is it still in the development stage? This sounds unrealll cool! and jotting down on paper, is a task in and of itself, so to have a picture with timemarks and audio in realtime would help, then you go to the field and realize your kite does not go that fast or the timing is off. for anyone who has built a routine knows how the conditions change a routine best laid plans, a Quad however is the excepetion and would help but I would think If you can not build a routine for real this will not answer all your questions so I would say for those of you go out try to build while this is in development then use the builder to refine just to maximize reality! I only say this for those that have not spent time doing it the old fashion way!!! what translates on paper/computer does not always show in MOTHER NATURE!!
Having spent alot of recent time stuck in the cushions of my couch!! I think I can get up and out some now..This sounds unbelievable to me BUT, put on your MP3s and FLY, then this thing will really WORK!! I 'can't wait to try it. please let me know what the status as of this reply is /anyone??? EXCITED in freezing, well not today, in Rhode Island,
Scott Weider
Scott Weider
Team REV RIDERS

#42 Fool

Fool
  • Forum Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:43 AM

Bueller?
Chris Taylor

#43 Scott A.

Scott A.

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:23 PM

Bueller?? is this the Chris Taylor, who along with your partner/wife and now your son who competes or competeted? my old friend??
Scott Weider
Team REV RIDERS

#44 Fool

Fool
  • Forum Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:54 PM

Bueller?? is this the Chris Taylor, who along with your partner/wife and now your son who competes or competeted? my old friend??

I'm THE son of who I think you are referring to... Wayne Taylor is my father and was a competitor along with my stepmom Robin in quadline events back in the late 90's. They haven't been around kiting much and have moved to AZ, but I returned to kiting in 2004 from a 4 year break. I'm considering competition myself but time will tell. I'd mostly like to build a routine right now for local demo's.
Chris Taylor

#45 Scott A.

Scott A.

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:14 PM

Koool, Build a routine is they way to go, for whatever reason, you will always have that foundation to build from, Look at Baressi, his bugs routine won Nationals in 1994 and 2007 so it will always evolve! I was with World Champion, Mark Lummas, team captain, in New York last week, he said he still refers to the original routine SKY Dance built and won the World Championship with so... built it they will come.... I hope this encourages you! it's in your blood! since you were a kid did'nt you go to festivals with your parents? you probably went and watched even if you didn't want to be there, You are what kiting is I would love to see your routine on video, If I can't be in OHIO! anytime soon! I was talking with an 18 year old girl, Pamela Plouff, from the TEXAS area I mentioned to her to fly and do what you like, since she attended festivals, since she was a little kid even when she did'nt want to be there, YOU HAVE SEEN more than the aveage kiter so do what's in your heart, and I'm sure IT will be AWESOME! thanks for listening to this old dog!
Scott Weider
Team REV RIDERS

#46 Fool

Fool
  • Forum Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 03:01 PM

Koool, Build a routine is they way to go, for whatever reason, you will always have that foundation to build from, Look at Baressi, his bugs routine won Nationals in 1994 and 2007 so it will always evolve! I was with World Champion, Mark Lummas, team captain, in New York last week, he said he still refers to the original routine SKY Dance built and won the World Championship with so... built it they will come.... I hope this encourages you! it's in your blood! since you were a kid did'nt you go to festivals with your parents? you probably went and watched even if you didn't want to be there, You are what kiting is I would love to see your routine on video, If I can't be in OHIO! anytime soon! I was talking with an 18 year old girl, Pamela Plouff, from the TEXAS area I mentioned to her to fly and do what you like, since she attended festivals, since she was a little kid even when she did'nt want to be there, YOU HAVE SEEN more than the aveage kiter so do what's in your heart, and I'm sure IT will be AWESOME! thanks for listening to this old dog!

Already found my music...

It might be a bit long but should make for something to remember. I was very interested in kiting from the late 80's till about '98. My dad and I got into kites together really. They didn't start competing till I sort of drifted away from kites into custom cars as a "hobby". Fresh out of high school, cars seemed to have a large following around that age. I came back to kites after i realized I didn't have the wallet to afford what I wanted to do with my vehicles. I also remembered it as quite relaxing to just get out in some nice weather and fly a kite. I'm sure we'll catch up at some point. I tend to travel to festivals when I have the spare $ to do so.

http://airwaveskitefest.com/
This would be a good festival to visit Ohio for. ;)
Chris Taylor

#47 Scott A.

Scott A.

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 06:02 AM

Great choice of Music, Hans Zimmer is my favorite, I flew to Back Draft" very close to my heart and great changes you should do well
Scott Weider
Team REV RIDERS

#48 Gaiiden

Gaiiden

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:22 AM

it's stalled, as is all my development projects at the moment while I'm forced to divert all attention towards other things. It's literally been over half a year now since I was able to even find time to work on it. There is hope on the horizon - I may be able to take plenty of time off this summer to work on stuff like this and my indie computer games.
Drew Sikora
Crazy Traction Kiter
(Semi-sane Stunt Kiter)
------------------------------
"Watch out, I may land on you!"

#49 giuseppe

giuseppe

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 08:59 AM

Hi all,

It is clear that a brigh, "full of features" routine animation software is difficult to see the light......

So we took Stephen's idea of using a rough tool but easily available as Power Point and use it to plan the new routines.
It is up o you to draw more or less movements to create a good resolution animation than can be driven using the arrow keys (not very difficult, isn't it?) and can be even mixed with music and converted to video to share with the rest of the team. (at least using Power point for Mac...)

I usually draw the start and end kite positions in a movement, and then draw intermediate positions, so the animation gives a good idea of what he movement is. It is a s simple as cut&paste and move the kites a litle bit, individually, by groups, you can easily rotate the kites.....
It is simple but a litle tedious, but I like the results.

I attach a simple sample (that some of you may recognize...)

So, thank you very much Stephen, for starting this thread......
Regards,

Attached Files

Mistral Equipo de Vuelo
http://mistralequipodevuelo.blogspot.com

Posted Image

#50 Gaiiden

Gaiiden

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 08:41 PM

For what it's worth, the image I posted up on Page 2 is still on my white board. I just wish I had the time to do anything about it :P
Drew Sikora
Crazy Traction Kiter
(Semi-sane Stunt Kiter)
------------------------------
"Watch out, I may land on you!"

#51 Madquad

Madquad

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

Still hope there will be a simple easy to use tool to create routines.

This topic seems to be "dead".....maybe someone can pick up the challenge .............cat_shy.gif cat_goofy.gif

It's not the size of your Rev.. its how you use it.
Seven days without flying a Rev makes one weak.

http://www.air-4-ce.nl

batch-air4ce.jpg?w=230&h=230

#52 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

I don't know if or even when I could do it. Meaning I really lack the time over the many next months.

I would suggest using Adobe Edge Animate(New, formerly called Adobe Edge). This is HTML5, CSS3 and JavaScript based.

You could of course use Adobe Flash, however it has some problems with Apple products and invariably another security issue popping up.

Neither are that difficult to learn.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#53 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

I've animated routines in the past using Adobe After Effects. If you dont want to play with some animation software, you could always try stop-motion :)

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#54 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

I've animated routines in the past using Adobe After Effects. If you dont want to play with some animation software, you could always try stop-motion smile.png

I forgot about AE. It also works.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users