#1 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 02:00 PM

Hi there

I've seen these things mentioned and seen video of them in use, but I don't find people selling them.

Are they still made, and if so where can I get one from?

Thanks

#2 Keith Griffiths

Keith Griffiths

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:58 AM

They are simple enough to make, a couple of bits of plastic and a nut and bolt. Also, the climax winders (sort of) have one built in.
Keith
Posted Image
National Director

ExGrads pairs
Airheads demo team '10

#3 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:14 AM

Always used the Climax winders.The ones Keith mentioned.Never seen a Moran line equaliser myself either.

Could always improvise though.

A small, Wooden, coat/shirt hanger.A curved one.Use the wifes,save you finding one later for your shirt.
One With the hook on for hanging up cloths on a rail,not the clips
.Cut two slots at equal lengths from each end of the hanger or better still.Cut the two slots equal distance from the hook.That would work better.I would think about three or four inchs from the hook.Making the hook central to the slots.
Run lines out and Place two of the looped ends or sleeved ends of two from one pair that need equalising over a stake. The other ends .Loop them onto the slots in the hanger.One in each slot.Pull with the Hook in the centre of the hanger.Until tension starts.Once the lines are under tension.Either the hanger will stay streight and even as you look at it.With both ends equal.Which would suggest the lines are Equal in length, or one end of the hanger will point further toward the staked end than the other.Which suggests the one pointing is shorter than the other.
Usually i equalise from the longest.Down to the length of the shortest.Always worth checking when equalising a quad set.Which is the longest and shortest line.May save time in the long run

If that fails
Pm me.ile post ya a CLIMAX WINDER.....Posted Image Posted Image

Hope that helps
BRIAN...ps,now hang the hanger up in the shed.The wife wont find it ther...Posted Image

#4 Hal

Hal
  • Forum Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 06:19 PM

Dan Whitney, when he had Gone With The Wind, made a beautiful line equilizer of anodized aluminum. If you can grab one of them somewhere, they are fantastic! Sorry, I'm holding on to mine. More comfortable than the plastic Moran, which also works quite well.

#5 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 02:25 AM

Dan Whitney, when he had Gone With The Wind, made a beautiful line equilizer of anodized aluminum. If you can grab one of them somewhere, they are fantastic! Sorry, I'm holding on to mine. More comfortable than the plastic Moran, which also works quite well.

Would ther be a chance of a picture Hal.

Its strange how products from other sport.Somtimes can be the same as a product from another,but be called s diffrent name or used for a diffrent use.A piture would be helpfull.

Thanks
BRIAN...

#6 TGunn

TGunn

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 08:46 PM

Would ther be a chance of a picture Hal.

Its strange how products from other sport.Somtimes can be the same as a product from another,but be called s diffrent name or used for a diffrent use.A piture would be helpfull.

Thanks
BRIAN...

Here's a pic:

Posted Image

Troy Gunn

TKO Sport Kite Team - Founding Member
<a class="bbc_url" title="External link" href="http://tko.sportkite...d.com/home.htm" rel="nofollow external">http://tko.sportkite...od.com/home.htm

#7 Hal

Hal
  • Forum Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 07:53 PM

"Would ther be a chance of a picture Hal."

Brian, click on my Webshots link below and go to line equalizer.

Edited by Hal, 08 February 2010 - 07:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users