10 replies to this topic

#1 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 08:44 AM

Been having a tentative look[TENTative no pun]at ferry offers.Any of you guys got any best way to go or even fly perhaps[on a plane ofcourse]

This is a typical feryy offer atm.

http://www.ldlines.c...res_bou-dov.php

BRIAN...

#2 Simon

Simon

Rev Legend

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:16 PM

Been having a tentative look[TENTative no pun]at ferry offers.Any of you guys got any best way to go or even fly perhaps[on a plane ofcourse]

This is a typical feryy offer atm.

http://www.ldlines.c...res_bou-dov.php

BRIAN...

Hi Bri,

Dover to Boulogne, was how I went last year. Very nice drive in France. As an altrernate you could try the tunnel ?

Book early as there is the World Cup in Berck this year to, so space at a premium, you may want to do an inTENTsive search of local camp sites.

As an exeprience highly recommended, exceptional festival. Camera & lots of memory needed. Local food is great, just ask soe of the veterans they can point you in the direction of the flyers haunts.

I had hoped to go all week, but looked up the wrong weeks, looks like I won't be going at all now Posted Image

The Flying Squad

Posted Image

#3 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:24 PM

Hello Simon,thanks for the reply mate.
Its a very tentative look.Perhaps for another time even[2012].Just spotted a few ferry offers and investigated further

Its all Marks fault Posted Image [Team Time Out]Hes got me twitching.

BRIAN...

#4 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:46 PM

<snip>
I had hoped to go all week, but looked up the wrong weeks, looks like I won't be going at all now Posted Image

Simon,

I hope that is not because of the dates on the FLIC website!

They are being corrected apparently.

Felix

#5 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:48 PM

Its a very tentative look.Perhaps for another time even[2012].Just spotted a few ferry offers and investigated further

BRIAN...

Hello Brian,

Go for it as a practice run for 2011 AND 2012.

Berck is brilliant. Listen to Marc... He knows!

Felix

#6 Hezz

Hezz

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:52 PM

Get saving those Tesco Clubcard vouchers and travel on Eurotunnel - no weather related issues (well, not unless it's freezing cold again..), across in only 30 minutes and for a quarter of the normal price! (e.g. a 130 crossing will only cost you 32.50 in Clubcard vouchers) plus you don't have to drive as far as Dover as the terminal is on the M20 at Folkestone.

Also they normally put you on the next available crossing whenever you arrive (subject to demand) and there's usually 3 crossings per hour, unlike the unflexible ferries...

Simples! Posted Image

Hezz

#7 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:10 PM

Get saving those Tesco Clubcard vouchers and travel on Eurotunnel - no weather related issues (well, not unless it's freezing cold again..), across in only 30 minutes and for a quarter of the normal price! (e.g. a 130 crossing will only cost you 32.50 in Clubcard vouchers) plus you don't have to drive as far as Dover as the terminal is on the M20 at Folkestone.

Also they normally put you on the next available crossing whenever you arrive (subject to demand) and there's usually 3 crossings per hour, unlike the unflexible ferries...

Simples! Posted Image

Hezz

Hi Hezz,

A 'sit down lunch/supper' with team meeting ahead/after the event has worked for us on the Ferries.

OK it is 'Motorway Fayre' but routine planning can happen anywhere the team sits down together.

Dis-functional team? Maybe!

Felix

#8 Madquad

Madquad

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:58 PM

BRIAN...

I'm so sorry Brian !, But.....you (everyone) know you want it !!!!!

Visit Berck once and you will be there every year !....for sure !

See you (and Team4mation) in Berck brother !!!

It's not the size of your Rev.. its how you use it.
Seven days without flying a Rev makes one weak.

http://www.air-4-ce.nl

batch-air4ce.jpg?w=230&h=230

#9 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:38 PM

No need for appols my freind,just got me into costing it and wondering wher France is on a MapPosted Image .

Ho,beleive me i wana go and will do one day.

Kev the beard,TEAM4MATIONS international travel and Logistics expert[hes been abraod to the Isle of Man as a lad,also holds three driving licenses,ones for a forklift ,anothers for the bumper cars at Rhyl funfair ],so hes best qualified....Posted Image
Has been delegated the task of costing the expedition.A full pierpoint presentation and action plan is exspected[not]shortlyPosted Image .

Tunnel sounds a great idea also,hadnt thought about that route.

BRIAN...

#10 Keith Griffiths

Keith Griffiths

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:33 AM

Tunnel's fine until they have (another) fire and leave you stranded, just like at Dieppe last time :-(

Go to Berck, we've been 3 times now (only in World Championship years) and love it. Have to say camping is a bit dodgy, two of those three years it has snowed while we were there :-)
Keith
Posted Image
National Director

ExGrads pairs
Airheads demo team '10

#11 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:34 AM

Tunnel's fine until they have (another) fire and leave you stranded, just like at Dieppe last time :-(

Go to Berck, we've been 3 times now (only in World Championship years) and love it. Have to say camping is a bit dodgy, two of those three years it has snowed while we were there :-)

Snow in the morning and t-shirts in the afternoon? The Albatross for lunch... In more recent years lunch in the tent on the beach has been very good indeed.

Felix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users