#181 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:57 PM

Seems everyone got home ok then.

Also forgot to mention about the Printed Revs.Had a quick go on one in very low winds[0-3mph].Thanks to Stephen & Susan for the use of them.
Tried my pro series streight after[sul].Would have been nice then to give a Zen a spin,but still ther isnt a UK pilot that can conpare or give a qualified take on the kite.As ther still arent any to try.

The two biggest gatherings of Quad pilots ever in the North of England and the Zens is missing,,,,,,,Exclusive or Illusive.I heard many comments on this theme.,

May not be a case of when the boat comes in now.I watched the likely Lads anyways.

BRIAN...

#182 Murph

Murph

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:12 AM

Tried my pro series streight after[sul].Would have been nice then to give a Zen a spin...... still arent any to try.

Ah sorry to hear that, would've thought someone had taken delivery of a Zen by now.

Sounds like a ball was had....very much looking forward to seeing pics'n'vids of what went on at the weekend 'up Norf'.

BDG....would that be 'Big Dorty Grin' by any chance Posted Image

Chris

#183 play365

play365

The Flying Squad

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:49 AM

Seems everyone got home ok then.

Also forgot to mention about the Printed Revs.Had a quick go on one in very low winds[0-3mph].Thanks to Stephen & Susan for the use of them.
Tried my pro series streight after[sul].Would have been nice then to give a Zen a spin,but still ther isnt a UK pilot that can conpare or give a qualified take on the kite.As ther still arent any to try.

The two biggest gatherings of Quad pilots ever in the North of England and the Zens is missing,,,,,,,Exclusive or Illusive.I heard many comments on this theme.,

May not be a case of when the boat comes in now.I watched the likely Lads anyways.

BRIAN...

So what did you think of the printed revs ?

we did Have a great time ( you was lucky in the quiz)
GARY

Posted Image

#184 Hezz

Hezz

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:21 AM

Yah, can't believe we lost by half a point.. should'a listened to Gee when he suggested Mark & Jeanette Lummas, but I couldn't believe Mark could have had such a dark sun tan Posted Image

Anyway I had a really good time at the Gathering, only got a few photos which are here:
http://www.facebook....62&l=8161ff85e0

You guys are very friendly, hospitable and well organised!

Will look forward to seeing you all again, somewhere "halfway" like Portugal Posted Image he he... what a great suggestion!

Thanks again for a great weekend,

Hezz

#185 dave b

dave b

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:35 AM

Had a great weekend, many thanks to Vince, Pete S, Chris & Pete N for all your hospitality & the effort you put into the whole weekend.

Thanks to Cheryl & the other girls (sorry didnt get your names) for keeping us fed & watered all weekend.

Nice to meet up with some old friends again & make some new ones.

Hope to see you all soon.

Dave.

#186 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:50 AM

Thanks Guys, for all the work you put in to make this such a great weekend, so worth the long trip up.

And was that really ham in the soup? :innocent:
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#187 PeterN

PeterN
  • Forum Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:12 AM

Great to see you all at the weekend, and I'm pleased you all enjoyed yourselves.

Try this link

Edited by PeterN, 15 February 2010 - 12:31 PM.

#188 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:49 PM

So what did you think of the printed revs ?

we did Have a great time ( you was lucky in the quiz)

Champioooooonis,Champioooooooonis,Hooooray,Hoooray,Hoooray

I never thought having Susan n Stephen would end up with us being handicapped.Beating a full FSquad team with only three men in our team.Made it sweeter though....Posted Image .Once Stephen and Susan retiered ther help.Due to a conflict of intrests.I thought we may struggle.I dont think anyone got The Lomas question.I think The Hoaths played fair on that one.We rose to the challenge,myself,Dave B and Bob.The Blackbird picture, i couldnt beleive anyone got that,,,,Bravo Gary.Ive had one and still have one,but didnt get it.Helen hoause was the killer.Her name was on everyones Tongue,.The sickner was the EOs[expandable Object].I think myself and Dave have severn or eight between us and went for Skunks fry up.
Anyways its the taking part that counts,,,,,,,,,Like Posted Image it is.

Champiooooonis,ChampioooooonisPosted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image .Hard luck guys.We decided to give the winnings[a large Tin of Chocolates] to a very,very good cause.Im sure you will agree.Keeping The young Hoaths quiet on the trip home with Mum Susan and Dad Stephen,was a splendid thought.

The printed Revs.Seem quite a good buy atm.The deal thats on them is kewl.The Euro is struggling against the .The chance to have a realy individual kite or set of kites for a team is a great prospect.
The kite i thought was a definate improvement in the wind conditions from my std B.Would have liked longer on it and then give a Zen a spin in team.I think you also had that idea Gary,along with some others.
I liked it,i have to say.Very clean and smooth.Drive was an improvment also.Enjoyed the chance to try them.Without that.I would not have considered one.Now i probably will go buy one or we may even use them for team stuff,if we think of a theme to print on them and then raise the funds.Stephen and Susan are great judges and pilots.Ther enthusiasum for them says alot.The Zen for now has missed the Boat for me im afraid.I wont buy one until ive tried one or Bazz turns up with his at Ainsdale and we have the conditions.
weve had no first hand evidence its a low wind improvment on a SUL or Sedgwick we have been useing.The printed Revs i think just may fill that space.
We watched intently when you guys gave them a spin.The patern wouldnt be my choice,but the kite seemed well equipped to handle the very low wind.Once flown well.
Whats your take on the Printed ones Gary,Hezz.
The printed Revs i beleive will use Race Frames i have and dont require a New fangled frame.Again,more cost effective. Cost and deal is very in the printeds favour......we shall see.

I have to say also.
Ive flown a Homemade QUAD,That out performed everything i flew at the weekend, in low and zero winds.Which is frightening.Also quite Taboo on here,but true.

BRIAN...

#189 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:01 PM

<snip>
I have to say also.
<snip>
BRIAN...

Hi Bri,

Careful tuning can make a world of difference to the performance.

It may be best to stay 'on score' in this context if you know what I mean <grins>

Felix

#190 ssm1nw

ssm1nw

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:06 PM

It was an excellent weekend and thanks to everyone for their part in organising it.
It was great to meet up with someof the guys that were just names on the forum before.

#191 Vince

Vince

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:18 PM

It was an excellent weekend and thanks to everyone for their part in organising it.
It was great to meet up with someof the guys that were just names on the forum before.

Hey Keith how is the accent. When you left the North East you had the broadest accent of all of us and a BDG to matchPosted Image
Vince

Posted Image

Posted Image

#192 Vince

Vince

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:22 PM

Thanks Guys, for all the work you put in to make this such a great weekend, so worth the long trip up.

And was that really ham in the soup? Posted Image

It wasn't jelly babies BobPosted Image

Thank you all for the great comments. Pleased you enjoyed the North East - Don't forget the Friendship Festival at Washington. We can do it all over again Posted Image

Edited by Vince, 15 February 2010 - 04:22 PM.

Vince

Posted Image

Posted Image

#193 Stephen Hoath

Stephen Hoath

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:46 AM

Hi all, just got back from a great weekend in the grim North. Thanks all for making it such a fun weekend.

To Vince and the team, my hat goes off to you for all the work you put into hosting this weekend. The site is great and the facilities much appreciated as were the catering staff! Please pass on my thanks to all those who worked so hard to make the now "legendary" soup and the Corned Beef pie.

I really enjoyed all the flying we did. Whilst very light winds are not great for quickly learning new moves and ideas i think we still covered a lot of ground with the light wind flying. (pun intended)

I have some photo's i will post later but for now, many thanks to you all for sharing your time.

Stephen

Stephen Hoath

<a href="http://www.baidesign.net" rel="nofollow">Bai Design</a>

cappalatte-150x90.jpg

#194 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:08 AM

Sounds like you all had a great weekend flying together!!!!! Glad to hear.
Can't wait for the pictures.
Noticed in the grid vid that if one person on a particular line fell out (by fault of their own or otherwise), that the whole line goes down until the downed pilot is ready to re-engage. I like that! It makes sense on so many levels. Good on that. Have to remember that for future use.

Haven't flown one of the printed sails yet, cept for a minute or two on Ben's first one ahile back. Didn't really get any time to cross compare so no comment there. BUT, the ZEN is another story. All I'll say is that, despite it's large size relative to a B series, etc, the kite in no/low wind is agile and fast without being truckish (lorryish) and slow to turn.

Hezz, Al, who has only a yr of Rev flying under is belt and very little no/low wind experience flew my ZEN and had a kid in a candy store grin on his face!!! He flew it like he'd been low wind flying forever!!! A very forgiving kite to say the least!

More pics and vids from the weekend please!!!!!!

Edited by quaa714, 16 February 2010 - 04:11 AM.

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

#195 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:32 AM

Dont worry,Ile have a few shots of my Low Wind Monster i mentioned.Just need to fine tune it

Coming Soon

BRIAN...

#196 Stephen Hoath

Stephen Hoath

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:11 AM

OK so i have added a few photos here We should have some more on The Flying Squad web page in the next day or so.

Stephen

Stephen Hoath

<a href="http://www.baidesign.net" rel="nofollow">Bai Design</a>

cappalatte-150x90.jpg

#197 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:04 AM

Took a while to bridle,the spars wher tricky to fix and launching.It near resembled Hinbenburg at one point. Posted Image

Wind Speed
ZERO-gusting to zero point one
Flew with grace,loads of drive.Very manuverable.Hovers in no winds,clock turns are doable.

Thanks for your concern Felix,but you should know better by now my freind.Im 110% a rev man,but i do luv a leg puller

BRIAN...

Attached Thumbnails

• CROPPED.jpg

#198 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:39 AM

<snip>
Thanks for your concern Felix,but you should know better by now my freind.Im 110% a rev man,but i do luv a leg puller
BRIAN...

The lighter than air spars do make quite a difference, I know. Ben would be very jealous especially as they would be indestructible <grins>

Felix

#199 Vince

Vince

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:32 PM

Thank you for sharing those photos Stephen. It captures the weekend very well ( I love the first one with the team kites over Penshaw Monument) - I'm just pleased you didn't have the camera for the quiz, auction and evening socializingPosted Image

Posted Image
Vince

Posted Image

Posted Image

#200 play365

play365

The Flying Squad

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:36 PM

Thank you for sharing those photos Stephen. It captures the weekend very well ( I love the first one with the team kites over Penshaw Monument) - I'm just pleased you didn't have the camera for the quiz, auction and evening socializingPosted Image

Posted Image

Still want a recount Posted ImagePosted Image
GARY

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users