http://jonez.pcriot.com

#2 JoneZ

JoneZ

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:35 PM

Forgot to mention that a certain head cold, and rain prevent me from owning the skies.... :kid_cussing:
Formerly "Spz0"

-Namaste
~Jon

#3 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:08 PM

Brought a smile when i read the word Jonzin

My pal Dave Shenkman explained the words meaning a few years ago,,,,,,,I like good words with Local flovour.
Ben also used it at KP7 last year.A polite way of saying,do me a favour F[rude word]off.Im wana fly not chat...lol

Get well soon btw/Hope the kites sweet for ya

BRIAN...

#4 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:40 PM

Brought a smile when i read the word Jonzin

My pal Dave Shenkman explained the words meaning a few years ago,,,,,,,I like good words with Local flovour.
Ben also used it at KP7 last year.A polite way of saying,do me a favour F[rude word]off.Im wana fly not chat...lol

Get well soon btw/Hope the kites sweet for ya

BRIAN...

Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!
Jonexin is more when you have the itch do really really do something....like it's been a week since I've flown and now I'm really jonezin to fly!

Ben's use as you describe it, while really really funny and very definitely something Ben would say, is not a jonezin. That's just Ben being Ben.

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

#5 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:05 AM

Yeh,i think Rich has it.
I was awaiting[for some time] a new kite from Dave Shenkman and he said..are ya Jonzin for it,,thats how the conversation started on the word.

Your correct about Ben Being Ben,but he did say he was Jonzin for a fly.After a 3hr drive from somewher,so much so.My original 4set of Pro Series that he had in his car Trunk.Had to wait a few more hours ontop of the 3mths since ordering them.......

So,i was also Jonzin for the kites and a fly of them

On a slightly diffrent theme.Dave ,after years of conversation on the Telephone.Then asks me why i keep calling him,,PAUL,,
I was confused and asked him when did i ever call him ,,PAUL,,
Now this wher Local Dialect kicks in and the sharing of a common Language.

Dave says,,,Everytime your about to hang up the Phone,you say,,See ya PAUL,,

I think Dave thought the use of the word ,,PAUL,, was some British word or slang term for ,,my freind,,,,,like see ya my freind[see ya PAUL]

Infact i was actually saying

SEE YA PAL....

Another fav word you all use.Which i had read and didnt get at all was one Jynx used......HUNKER DOWN.....

Ive had it explained and think your Pauls of mine when your Jonzin and not Hunkerin.....Posted Image

BRIAN...

Edited by big bri, 10 January 2010 - 04:09 AM.

#6 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:12 AM

Forgot to mention that a certain head cold, and rain prevent me from owning the skies.... Posted Image

Whoose Posted Image Your kite is not going to melt. Posted Image Soon your addiction will override most of your self preservation instincts and you'll be flying in any wind, weather and/or physical/mental state just to get your fix. Which is going to add up to at least 2 more Rev's, music player and a good rain suit. Hip waders probably wouldn't hurt too if you intend to be at the Portland New Years fun fly next year. Posted Image I'm thinking about the hip waders with the innertube with cup holders myself. Posted Image

Dean

#7 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:58 PM

I wanna fly my new Rev so damn bad!!??
.....just thought I'd mention that.

:blue-love:

i know how you feel there fella.. every new kite i get it seems like i cant do nothing but look at it for a few weeks before i get time to fly it but when i do it was worth the wait
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#8 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:34 PM

every new kite i get it seems like i cant do nothing but look at it for a few weeks before i get time to fly it but when i do it was worth the wait

Ain't that the truth.

#9 BillLamm

BillLamm

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:14 PM

~~ snip ~~

Dave says,,,Everytime your about to hang up the Phone,you say,,See ya PAUL,,

I think Dave thought the use of the word ,,PAUL,, was some British word or slang term for ,,my freind,,,,,like see ya my freind[see ya PAUL]

Infact i was actually saying

SEE YA PAL....

Another fav word you all use.Which i had read and didnt get at all was one Jynx used......HUNKER DOWN.....

Ive had it explained and think your Pauls of mine when your Jonzin and not Hunkerin.....Posted Image

BRIAN...

LOL... friend of mine from England was in Chicago on an internship...
drove me nuts when he would ask me to "swing by in the morning and knock me up" :kid_brooding:
also kept lots of stuff in his boot?!?! :wacko:
even he had a hardtime understanding some of the English words the kid from Kenya used (proper Queens English):king:
Bill Lamm
Posted Image

#10 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:58 PM

Came across quite a few at KP7 last year.

Sat with the crew having Mexican i think.JB orders Tacos.Ive never had Tacos,me or the Mrs.
Food arrives and we smile.
We call um Wraps in Lancashire.Had them for as long as we can remember,just call um diffrent

Butter Sticks was another weird thing i spotted....why sticks i first thought,who eats butter RAW,,,,,I think they wher sandwich prep stuff or hope they wher

Fried beans just brings a sight to mind, my stomach couldnt stand.Until i actually had them pointed out on a plate.Realised it wasnt a tin of Heinz baked Beans fried up.Tried them for Breakfast and enjoyed them.

Asked for Sausages with breakfast and they arrived shaped like a burger,,,delicious,but whats the burger shape all about.Sausages are sausage shaped.Thats why ther called sausages

CornDogs.....Battered sausage on a stick,again ther delicious hot,but they wher a first for us.

Eggs over easy,,,,a runny egg or soft egg.

Coffee,and more coffe,then more coffee,and more if ya want it,with ya coffee........

Cant Drink beer or smoke,on the beech,,,,,,,,The explination i got was.Its harming the Dolphins.Brings thoughts of beer swilling Dolphins that smoke forty cigs a day.

Water Troughs on the pier.I asked what they wher for.Dave tells me ther for cleaning fish.I told him i wasnt falling for that gag.I wasnt gona beleive people actually catch fish,give them a good wash and throw them backPosted Image Posted Image Posted Image .

You lot are weird...lol

Ho,DoughNuts,never seen as many diffrent variations,,,,Now thats real progress...lol

BRIAN...

#11 JoneZ

JoneZ

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:24 AM

LOL Boy... Did this topic ever blow up!! ;)

Well, I got to get out and fly for a little bit while my car was being diagnosed. Actually right across from the Metro transfer station in oregon city. She flew pretty well, although I had an embankment to my left side that stole the wind periodically.
Gettin the car fixed tomorrow it looks like, but now we got some rain to look forward to for the next few days, so no flying (until I get some good rain pants. lol).
I'll just have to keep busy with my new PMP
Posted Image

http://www.archos.co...ntry=us&lang=en

Very nice unit. 60Gb of storage space, and fully hackable (which I have already hacked).
I just wish it had a 3G connection instead of regular wifi.

...yeah,,, think I can Jonez on this for a few days. lol ;)

cheers all!!!

Edited by JoneZ, 11 January 2010 - 11:26 AM.

Formerly "Spz0"

-Namaste
~Jon

#12 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:20 PM

Just wait till I get caught up from Christmas. Your gonna either become hardcore, or see what a kiteaholic that rivals a crack head in addiction looks like. Posted Image We gotta get ya ready to start flying team. You think trickin' with your Widow was satisfying, your going to love flying with others. Individual flying is fun, but fun is on a whole other plain when you experience team flying. Team flying was a blast. Then while at the iQuad team clinic I got to fly tail with, (in order) JB, Watty and Steve De Rooy. I think it was less than 3mph worth of wind, and without anything more than a 30 second explination from Steve we were flying my first 6 blenders. Posted Image I didn't stop on the vertical line before the 180 out but once, and as the tail I have to say we squeaked all 6 out, but I'm a junkie as an individual, but just the thought of team flying gets me all jittery. Posted Image Oh yea, your in for some real fun.

Dean

#13 JoneZ

JoneZ

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:31 AM

Heheh. Yeah, Im a crackhead when it comes to dual lines, so I think this love affair with quads is gonna get pretty sick. lol
Get ur ass to Oregon City and we'll do some pair flyin!!!!

Before that, I need to save up for a race frame for sure.. I know the 1.5's are a 5-25Mph, but I would estimate more along the lines of 7-25Mph. We get more days of 2-5Mph than the higher wind range, so its gonna have to happen. Unfortunately not anytime soon, with the Jeep repairs and all, but its definitely on the list of things to get. :)
Formerly "Spz0"

-Namaste
~Jon

#14 JoneZ

JoneZ

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:55 PM

Correct me if Im wrong here, but it seems like theres a little more stability and ease of control with equipping a race frame. Posted Image
any truth to this? My logic is pretty simple really,, less weight = less fighting to keep it in the air?
Also, what would be the wind range of a race frame on a 1.5SLE (std)?
Now Im Jonezin for a race frame. lol. :kid_drool: Alas,, money went to my new Clutch instead...

On a more positive note,, I was out flying today in pretty gusty winds (so it was a little frustrating), but I am most definitely mastering inverted flight, inverted sliding, and vertical stalling and flight (rising and falling). Even managed to pull off multiple tip stands. :) Precision is still a bitch, but Im trying!! lol I managed to land a tip stand on the spine of my Widow, which was laying belly down in the field. :) Im such a geek that I actually looked around to see if anyone saw it too. rofl...
The precision comes in waves for me, I notice. I'll be good with it, then for some reason, I just can't get a grip. Might be because of the wind conditions or a change in music. lol Yeah yeah, I know,, blame anyone except the operator. ;)
I think I've found my sweet spot in regards to leader lines. Not exactly Iquad style (that still drives me crazy -- can only fly inverted. lol), but it works for me. I have my bottom leaders at about 3", and my top leaders at around 11".

Edited by JoneZ, 18 January 2010 - 03:58 PM.

Formerly "Spz0"

-Namaste
~Jon

#15 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:40 PM

Jon, I'm home through most of Feb...

Let's set a date and you can try ALL the variations, right out of my Rev bag. ;)

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

President - American Kitefliers Association

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#16 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:41 PM

With the way you have your leaders set that gives you about 8" of "brake". I would think that is not far off iQuad style?

#17 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:06 PM

The end of our top leaders reach the bottom tip of the handles (9-ish inches?) and our bottom pigtail is about 2-1/2" long.

John Barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#18 JoneZ

JoneZ

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:15 AM

Sounds like a plan Jb. :)
Im interested to feel (for the first time on both accounts) the difference between the race frame and Zen frames. Probably will be the determining factor in which set I end up purchasing down the line.

I was out messin around yesterday again -- wanting to fine tune the leader lines -- and I ended up sticking another knot in my top leaders so I could tune a little more ( I only had 3 knots starting at 11" in 1/2" decrements). so 1/4" by 1/4" I adjusted my top leaders, having my bottom leaders around 2 1/2". I ended up settling with my top leaders being around 9 1/2".
Im starting to feel the sweet spot now. Its got to do with vertical and inverted flight, but more so with hovering in those positions. Right around that point (8" - 8 1/2" of brake) is where I can almost let the handles loose in my hands (just thumb and fingering the top of the handles), and be able to hover in place. Anything significantly more or less and I have to keep a more rigid grip on the handles, and therefor I struggle more hovering.

I think my lines are a bit off again -- even though I re-measured them a few days back -- so I'll have to string them out and see. I noticed that in inverted flight, with my handles side by side I was listing slowly to the right..
Formerly "Spz0"

-Namaste
~Jon

#19 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 04:52 PM

Yep, team flying in your future.

Let's try and get a weekend or two in February, if weather allows...

TK and I can run you through the team wringer and accelerate your learning. ;)

John Barresi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users