46 replies to this topic

#41 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 02:16 PM

Which drillin' you yakin about Steve? Posted Image It's all good, drill it Brotha Steve. Ya know, if I just go out to fly when iQuad goes out to fly and you all take turns showing me how to wind lines, then I won't have to go through the BS I go through every time I wind or unwind my lines since moving from a line card per side. Posted Image What you think? Posted Image I thought it sounded and read well. Like ya all say, practice makes perfect, and perfection is never obtained. So I would be more than happy to donate my line sets for your pursuit of perfection when our presences are unified.

Your bud,
Dean

#42 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:17 PM

Hi Dean-
Putting in the hours is huge to hone your skills. I'll be flying two years the end of March, but the hours I've put in over that period of time is a huge factor as to why I've developed my skills to this point. Flying in all conditions and drilling away has helped a great deal, as well. Oh, and it doesn't hurt to have a great group to fly with, too!

Like JB and Co. keep saying, if you larks head the pairs of lines together and then wind the two pairs (figure 8 or straight) they can't become tangled. After you unwind, you will see what looks like a mess.... trust me it's not! Just spread your your arms apart to try and separate the pairs. Now, just attach as you normally do. While the kite is still parked, make sure you have the correct handle in each hand by moving a wing on the rev. Now launch. You can normally just spin out of the wraps. Once in awhile, you'll find that there's a threaded line and/or a twist in each side. You can still get that out without removing a line from the handle. Just relax, it comes undone real quick.

Good luck; I hope this helps!
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#43 Steve de Rooy

Steve de Rooy

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:51 PM

Hi Dean-
Putting in the hours is huge to hone your skills. I'll be flying two years the end of March, but the hours I've put in over that period of time is a huge factor as to why I've developed my skills to this point. Flying in all conditions and drilling away has helped a great deal, as well. Oh, and it doesn't hurt to have a great group to fly with, too!

Like JB and Co. keep saying, if you larks head the pairs of lines together and then wind the two pairs (figure 8 or straight) they can't become tangled. After you unwind, you will see what looks like a mess.... trust me it's not! Just spread your your arms apart to try and separate the pairs. Now, just attach as you normally do. While the kite is still parked, make sure you have the correct handle in each hand by moving a wing on the rev. Now launch. You can normally just spin out of the wraps. Once in awhile, you'll find that there's a threaded line and/or a twist in each side. You can still get that out without removing a line from the handle. Just relax, it comes undone real quick.

Nicely said .... :)

#44 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:17 PM

Any further suggestions for skill items, per the topic?

Just checking in. ;)

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

President - American Kitefliers Association

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#45 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:53 PM

Less talking on line (an acquired skill learned early on in the process...yes?)=more flying!!!!!!:sign_kitelife:

Edited by quaa714, 09 January 2010 - 06:55 PM.

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

#46 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:34 PM

Hi Dean-

My problems with lines are due to a short attention span. Lines are just my least favorite part of kiting all these years. I take the time to complain about lines every chance I get. Just thought I had a funny thought. Posted Image

Flying is a great hobby/sport for so many reasons. And your right, the right company makes it all better. I hope to fly with you, Scott and Rich again someday. Next time I won't be under the weather and will make the best of the time. Any new RevRiders videos coming out soon?

Dean

#47 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:35 PM

I'm thinking JB...... not that it'll probably be overly helpful, but I'm thinking. Any thing to help ya out. Posted Image

Dean

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users