• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 The Pontificator

The Pontificator
  • Forum Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 06:14 PM

Went back out to Pawley's Island today.

Got there at around 11:30 (high tide) and the winds were light. I thought I might have to pack it in but around 1:00 the afternoon sea breeze filled in to a very nice directly onshore 8mph. :P Tide let out and found a huge sandbar 1/8 of a mile offshore to have to myself. :P

High of 78. Not a cloud in the sky all day.

PERFECTION.

#2 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 06:15 PM

I envy you

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#3 MrDenny

MrDenny

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 07:07 PM

Went back out to Pawley's Island today.

Got there at around 11:30 (high tide) and the winds were light. I thought I might have to pack it in but around 1:00 the afternoon sea breeze filled in to a very nice directly onshore 8mph. :P Tide let out and found a huge sandbar 1/8 of a mile offshore to have to myself. :P

High of 78. Not a cloud in the sky all day.

PERFECTION.

OOoooo that does sound so nice. Now just add a babe of appropriate size, shape, age and flying skills with her own Rev and bingo you have one of my better dreams. :P

Denny #12

.. .

Posted Image

#4 The Pontificator

The Pontificator
  • Forum Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 03:17 AM

OOoooo that does sound so nice. Now just add a babe of appropriate size, shape, age and flying skills...

Properly attired in something by Malibu Strings or Wicked Weasel. :D

For those unfamiliar. "Arrogantly Shabby" Pawleys Island is a 2 mile-long barrier island located halfway between Georgetown and the Southern end of the Myrtle Beach. The island runs Southeast to Northeast so that most of the warm weather sea breezes come directly onshore. There is no commercial development on the island, just a mixture of rental and permanent residences.

The beach along most of the island isn't that great except for the South end where there is a huge sand bar (and appropriately, public access parking). Parking is limited to probably 40 vehicles at most so even when it's full, the beach is never really that crowded. When the tide goes out the sand bar goes from huge to humongous and you can walk all the way over to parts of the mainland if you wanted to.

Pawleys Island is one of the few beaches in South Carolina where it's legal to consume alcohol and unlike the Horry County beaches to the north, women can wear thong/string bikinis without being ticketed. Great restaurants and shopping are on the mainland along highway 17.

The only downside to flying at Pawleys Island is that you need to get there fairly early in the day to get a parking spot. During the summer if you aren't there after about 10:30 or so...forget it. Luckily Huntington Beach State Park...another excellent flying spot....is another 5 miles north.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users