Airheads demo team '10

#22 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:48 PM

i figured id chime in in this one.. i have both a single and a 3 pack of blasts and i have never seen this happen to the sails.. i have slammed mine to the ground a few times (not on purpose) and have had nothing but broken rods as lolly knows!!!! :) my single blast is back when they first came out .. i think in 05 if im right..my stack is 3 kites that are newer and have been crashed a few times during test flights..i think that the blast is 1 great kite espically for the light winds..much love to you ben for helping this flier get backin the air once again :lol:

Edited by antman, 16 November 2009 - 01:50 PM.

GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#23 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:59 PM

It's wonderful to have a company such as Revolution that truly cares about their product and customers. Fantastic news Ben, Lolly and the whole Revolution gang, you are top notch. Tom, give Ben a shout and he will take care of you. I too would be more than happy to contact Ben as well if you have any problems or are unable to get with him.

Between the three of us we will get you back flying again. The Blast really is a...Blast to fly! :) (pun intended)

#24 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:32 PM

Just another example of how Rev and thiersuppliers will help out if they can.

I think this is an example of Rev (Ben) going that extra step to help out.

The first offer might have been a good one. dont think you can beat the second one though.

Respect to Revolution and Kent.

#25 lummas

lummas

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 04:17 PM

Amazing gesture Ben. Nice one.

#26 TomW

TomW
  • Forum Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:40 PM

I am very happy about this solution, many many thanks to Ben and all the other posters.

In my eyes the contact with the ground was not very strong but this is of course difficult to proof. I flew two blasts that d-day, with different setups - but exact same conditions, and the second one has no damages at all.

Anyway, rev kites found an excellent solution for me. I am very happy with that ! B) :P :)

Thanks again, happy wind,
Tom

Edited by TomW, 18 November 2009 - 10:41 PM.

#27 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:37 PM

I dont know of another Company that would swop a Product twelve months on after purchase,Especially if the product looked like it just lost a fight with a GRIZZZZZLIE BEAR

Very Glad your sorted.
Keep flying and smiling Tom W

BRIAN...

#28 Jynx

Jynx

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Location:West Allis (Milwaukee) WI ...and... New Smyrna Beach FL winters

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:24 PM

Just wondering... IF a kite is packed-away damp... could this cause the sail material to deteriorate?

"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power,

then there will be peace"

Jimi Hendrix

Posted Image

#29 Madquad

Madquad

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:20 AM

Maybe this could be helpfull..

Found it on the Wind of Change website..

Things To Be Aware Of Before Putting Your Kite Away
Some of the obvious things to watch for is to make sure that you have all the pieces of your kite before leaving your flying spot. Many spare parts are purchased because they have been lost or forgotten instead of broken.

If your kite is wet or damp, do not store it in the bag or it may mildew and damage the colors of the fabric or the fabric integrity itself. If your kite is wet, let it dry fully before storing away. If you cannot dry your kite at your flying spot, open it up and let it air out when you get home, garages are great for this as are clothes lines, just make sure the kite can't power up while it is drying outside. Laying the kite on the grass can create dew or moisture on the kite, try to keep the kite off of the ground while you are drying it out.

If you fly near the ocean you will want to check your kite for salt, especially if it gets wet with sea water. The water will evaporate leaving the salt crystals to rub and "sand" your kite like sandpaper, always rinse your kite with fresh water after flying near salt water and let it dry completely before storing it away. Check your leading edge and end-caps for sand or salt residue to reduce the amount of wear on your sail. Empty any sand or other debris that may have found its way into your kite. As stated above, never leave your spars laying on the ground or they may be stepped on and broken.

This will help keep your kite as new as possible

Whenever you are stuffing something into the bag with your kite, make sure it will not snag, puncture, or tear your kite. If your bag has a zipper, run your hand on the bottom of the zipper while zipping up the bag to make sure your kite or kitebag does not accidentally get jammed in the zipper. Or use a Revolution Kitebag !

Best regards

Marc/Madquad

Edited by Madquad, 20 November 2009 - 06:22 AM.

It's not the size of your Rev.. its how you use it.
Seven days without flying a Rev makes one weak.

http://www.air-4-ce.nl

batch-air4ce.jpg?w=230&h=230

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users