4 replies to this topic

#1 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 08:14 AM

This may be a little off topic but can anybody please help with a little local knowledge. Next weekend I am heading north, M1, M6 for Big Bri’s Rev gathering at Ainsdale. It’s by no means critical but it I quite fancied taking a detour on the way up, to visit Decathlon I had thought they were quite close to the motorway but looking on the map I’m not so sure, it looks like I am going to be going round the eastern side of Birmingham and Merry Hill looks to be west. I have a TomTom so I don’t need detailed directions, but does anybody have any idea how much time a detour is likely to cost me?

http://www.decathlon...lands-11840114/
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#2 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 08:22 AM

Bob,slightly off again on Topic.Stockport Decathlon is a forty minute trip out your way up here.Then Forty mins back.Easy to find.Let me know what you want.I may even be able to get it for ya in the next week or so mate.A couple of the lads live close by

BRIAN...

#3 BAZ

BAZ

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 08:23 AM

This may be a little off topic but can anybody please help with a little local knowledge. Next weekend I am heading north, M1, M6 for Big Bri's Rev gathering at Ainsdale. It's by no means critical but it I quite fancied taking a detour on the way up, to visit Decathlon I had thought they were quite close to the motorway but looking on the map I'm not so sure, it looks like I am going to be going round the eastern side of Birmingham and Merry Hill looks to be west. I have a TomTom so I don't need detailed directions, but does anybody have any idea how much time a detour is likely to cost me?

http://www.decathlon...lands-11840114/

Hi Bob
there is a decathlon store probably less than 5 mins from the M1 junction 26 (right next door to a big Ikea store)
dont know if this a help or not but it is on the way North
if you need road details i can let you have em
All the best
Baz

Maker of the ULTRA NO SNAG HANDLES

BAZ

ani_victory.gif

#4 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:11 AM

Thanks Baz that one was actually my first thought but I won't be going that far up the M1 I will be coming of @ 19.

Woops! I've just found a larger scale road map, turns out Merryhill is Wolverhampton not Birmingham. I think I will knock this one on the head as "not one of my better ideas," and schedule a trip to Lakeside before Christmas.
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#5 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:41 AM

Hi Bob, I know you have probably seen by now. however you would actually be going back on yourself to go to Merry Hell.

Depending on traffic putting 2 to 3 Hours on your journey, if not more. Specially if you are like me, found Merry Hell then spent another Hour trying to find the store, cuz it aint in the main centre.

Tiz quite a good store, although nowhere near as good as one I visited in France a few Years ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users