167 replies to this topic

#161 Keith Griffiths

Keith Griffiths

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:53 PM

No worries, publicity will only get more rev fliers and that's what we all want isn't it :-)
Keith
Posted Image
National Director

ExGrads pairs
Airheads demo team '10

#162 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:04 AM

Happy New Year Keith.

Would the Kiteflier be available online or the report be available to read for none members of the mag[club]

Thanks Keith

BRIAN...

#163 andelscott

andelscott

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:50 AM

Happy New Year Keith.

Would the Kiteflier be available online or the report be available to read for none members of the mag[club]

Thanks Keith

BRIAN...

For a fiver you can have a shiny new 'electronic subscription' - which looks a bargain! :kid_content:
www.thekitesociety.org.uk
Andy

#164 Keith Griffiths

Keith Griffiths

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:58 AM

Here is the offending paragraph, I'm probably breaking some sort of implicit copyright but them's my words so sod it. ;)

Rev Gathering
This was the other reason I travelled all the way to Liverpool in November, I spent the Saturday at "The Gathering". This was a get together for all the rev fliers in the UK, and although there were a number of notables missing it was still a huge get together on an empty Ainsdale beach. There were 30 fliers there on the Saturday, when I attended, and more expected for the Sunday. I certainly learned a lot about keeping one of those pesky 4 line kites in the air. Well worth the 4:30am start to get there. Now if only we could persuade some of them to compete, there might just be a quad line team competition again. 'bout time Flying Squad earned their title "reigning multi-line team champions" :-) Many thanks to Brian (big Bri) for organising this event, another example of the generous northern hospitality, hot food and drink on tap all weekend.

Keith
Posted Image
National Director

ExGrads pairs
Airheads demo team '10

#165 play365

play365

The Flying Squad

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:08 AM

Ahem ..I think you'll find The Revolution are the current team and Pairs Champs ( where's our trophy ?) Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
GARY

Posted Image

#166 Keith Griffiths

Keith Griffiths

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:26 AM

Compete again and I'll buy one :P

As for team, you are right, your current team only claims undefeated European champion status :lol:

Edited by Keith Griffiths, 08 January 2010 - 11:27 AM.

Keith
Posted Image
National Director

ExGrads pairs
Airheads demo team '10

#167 play365

play365

The Flying Squad

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:31 AM

Compete again and I'll buy one :P

As for team, you are right, your current team only claims undefeated European champion status :lol:

Against who ?

GARY

Posted Image

#168 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:30 PM

Apologies for resurrecting a thread that has lied dormant for nearly two years, but I think this may the best place for this post, and as a bonus, it may bring back a few memories of a great, if cold and bleak weekend.

Anyway, to the point, I have a vague memory of a conversation that weekend, about a film I had recently enjoyed and telling somebody to keep an eye out for it, trouble is, I canít remember who the conversation was with. The good news is, itís on UK TV this week, 23:15 Tuesday evening on ITV2, The Bucket List. If it was you I had the conversation with, or even If it wasnít, look it out, watch it or record it, I don't want to give too much away but itís a great way to spend a couple of hours on an autumn evening.
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users