#101 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:34 AM

Ok,what can i say about you guys,
The wetest weekend on Record, EVER for the Uk and still it couldnt stop The BDG,enthusiasum,dedication,,word and Great freindship.You guys are so awsome, i would like to thanks you all again.Also welldone to all the Prize Winners

Sailor 99[Good to see ya again pal].prize....Portable Low Wind equipment,designed Pownd Lands International

Hippie Chippie[Thanks for your company Lez]Prize,,,winner of the coverted,unforgetable,one off custom,,,,,,,

Bob[I luv ya mate],Prize,,,Custom made,super wide,extra elongated,enviro freindly, low drag,,toughened.Multi purpose,, Pie Quad

Bruce[always a pleasure Bruce]Prize,,,Low wind Euro Handles,with screw counter synch system

Pam[I hope your ribs arent sore from Laughing to much Pam]Prize,,,low wind euro Handles,grove for weight and precision,planished for effect and defination

David E[What can i say Pal,awsome David,awsome,Thank you]Custom Made,micro balanced, no snag,Gold, engineered,countersunk,sprung,polished,Quad handles

Felix[Thanks Felix,thanks you so much] Star Prize,,,The UKs,FIRST black and Purple [b]Zen

Ashley[Thanks,Great to fly and talk with ya]Prize...Low wind Euro Handles with Multi draw action and tapered shanfers

Richard[Thanks my freind.Thanks Rich]Prize,,,High Quality,Carboniished Fishing Rod and pro Technological equipment

Kev [outstanding btw my freind. Thanks Kev kev]Prize,,,Mid vent ,custom,and T E Tlee Drinking system,designed, blended and supplied by Morrisons of Harrogate

Paul,[BDG for my pal Paul.Cheers Paul]Low wind euro Handles,withHigh temp strength and no snag taperd finish

Clare[welcome back girl].Prize...Custom Stake owner

Glyn[Thanks Glyn,see ya soon]Prize,,,custom stake owner

Dave B[Big weldone pal,Big weldone]Prize,,,Designer flying clothing and custom equipment.With clear view,super seeled,Fully adjustable to 1.8micros.Made by M and R Maygoos of corntseeit,

Lynn [Thank you soup Dragon.]Prize,,,TBA

Mike B[Good to see ya Mike]Prize,,,TBA

Andy Scott[Thanks Andy for your company,Thanks]Euro Low wind Handles,with no snag grove and screw tapping and fitting area

Big Bri,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hey,its the giving,Bestest prize of all...thank you

Mrs Big Bri[im one luck y fella,27yrs on and this Lady keeps amazing me.Outstanding Darlin,Thank You]Prize,,,Donations box,,,,,,,BUT,Debbie, wont have any of it,,,,,NEWS TO FOLLOW SOON

Keith Grif[Greta to see ya evantually Keith,thanks for your company]Prize,,,custom Gathering,embroidered,lite weight,waterproof,hi viz,sand satke and sleeve

Peter[Sterling Job Peter,thanks,see ya soon]Prize,One off,custom,stake and sleeve

pete[Sterling Job pal,got the bug proper now,Thank You]Prize,,Custom,double ball,SUL,One off sleeve and stake

Vince[Always a pleasure my freind,Thanks Vince]Prize,,,The very first ever,sul,high viz,unbreakable ish,compound reinfursed,custom stake and embroidered sleeve

Chris[outstanding Chris,first time on a Rev,,,,,Not the last my freind,weldone chris.Thank You]Prize,,sul,extra strength,galvanised not,rust proofed,custom stake and ornate sleeve

Balloo[Cheers Chris,gitcha in the end my freind,Thanks for the effort mate]Prize,two shafted,ultra strong,lite weight,multi functional stake and Hand crafted sleeve

Mrs Balloo[Sorry I didnt even get to talk with ya,my appols.Didnt realise you had made the Trip,Thanks]Prize,,,sorry,i did miss ya,my appols

Bazz[Hey,are you still laughing mate,Thanks Bazz]Custom engineered, Gold Handles with sprung action and counter sunk precision finish.High polished mirror couting with adjustable,self re relating angle tapering

Mrs Bazz[Thanks,thanks for coming and letting Bazz play out with us,I betcha still laughing to]Im so sorry i missed ya,i shall and have a plan though.

Simon[Nice to talk with ya big fella,Thanks for coming Simon]Prize,,,Enjoy shareing the bottle of Perrier Jouet's Belle Epoque and stake,quality mega long line with embroidered finished sleeve

Sanj[Your a darling sanj,thanks for coming]Prize,,,Share of the Perrier Jouet's Belle Epoque and ltd edition handmade by used tobe virgins,ultra specilail Sand steak.

Thanks for a brilliant weekend guys.Also a big thanks to Andy the Photographer.Who now has a Rev,,,,
If ive missed ya,please shout up.
Awsome example of the BDG and freinds doing it Together.

BRIAN and all the TEAM4MATION gang...

Edited by big bri, 22 November 2009 - 10:41 AM.

#102 play365

play365

The Flying Squad

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:48 AM

Link to album with lots of pics!

http://s52.photobuck.....thering 2009/

Not edited any of them but they are all there.

Thanks for those I hope you all had a good time :)
GARY

Posted Image

#103 clare

clare

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:35 AM

Clare[welcome back girl]

Good to be back, someone mentioned this weekend how its funny that some people do drift off but often come back - seems Im one of them!

Gonna make more time again for the kites this coming yr for definate (gonna have to as Im just ordering Glyn some of his own!).

Really nice to see old friends and meet some new ones.

#104 Pete Sturrs

Pete Sturrs
  • Forum Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:22 AM

Just to thank Brian and all the team for one of the best flying days ever.

The welcome, hospitality, help and support were perfect.
Then to be part of the mega flies was the icing on the cake.
Roll on the next gathering.
Hope Sunday went as well.

Regards

Pete

#105 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:45 AM

Ok,what can i say about you guys,

<snip>

BRIAN and all the TEAM4MATION gang...

Hi Brian,

Awesome prizes! Thank you very much for the imaginative take on the proceedings. Great weekend thanks to you and all your team and family support.

Weather? what weather???

We got home soon after 7:00pm which was not too bad having left c1:30pm!

Felix

#106 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:47 AM

Link to album with lots of pics!

http://s52.photobuck.....thering 2009/

Not edited any of them but they are all there.

Clare,

Thanks for posting the images.

Felix

#107 andelscott

andelscott

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:22 PM

Awesome job by Bri, Kev and the ladies - Teas, Coffee and home-made soups on tap throughout the event. Rev pilots grinning from ear to ear for 2.5 days solid!

And a special thank you to the wardens for putting those nice big kite stakes all along the beach - no danger of them pulling out of the soft sand in a high wind!

I'm just going to re-title the event: "UK Rev Party 2009". And to rub salt (or should that be sand?) into the wounds for those that couldn't make it this time around - you don't know what you missed! (But you can be sure we'll do our best to make it perfectly clear to y'all! :devil: )

I'll try to post a picture of the new improved "grip profile" ultra-portable Rev handles once I've got the leader lines attached....

Thanks again Bri for making it all happen!
Andy

#108 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:36 PM

What a great week end, a little over 3 hours drive up there Friday morning and three and a half back (with a very short physical needs break) this afternoon. Many thanks to all those who put so much effort into making effort into making the trip so enjoyable and worthwhile the T4M guys did a great job setting this up but special thanks have to go the hostesses with the mostess. :clap;

Oh and BTW we have to do it again, Ainsdale will it's beach I think I have brought most of it home in the foot wells of my car.
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#109 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:48 PM

P.S. Can anybody help, I sampled a rather strange local delicacy in the restaurant Saturday night, it tasted a bit like pork but slightly sweet and ever so tender and only came in tiny portions. Does anybody know what it was?
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#110 Yrna

Yrna

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:50 PM

What a weekend!

Simon and I are hugely grateful to Bri and team (and lets not forget the wonderful wives!) for making it all possible. We had a fantastic time and felt so well looked after. All the food, coffee and shelter gave us much needed breaks from the wind and the rain. The prezzies were brilliant too, we're both still laughing :lol: . Also, may I say: what a beach you guys have! I still think we should have packed it overnight and brought it back with us. Oh well ... we'll just have to come and visit you again...

And also thanks to all the fliers who participated. It was good to exchange ideas and learn some northern calls, I'm sure they'll be confusing us for years to come! Oh, and Bob, thanks for the trousers, they were a life saver.

My kite and I just had a lovely shower and some day we may even get rid of all the sand. I reckon if I start collecting it all now, I can start building myself a little beach in the back garden ;)

Anyway... wow... thank you all, I'm still buzzing!

#111 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 01:08 PM

A Pricless moment in time,

gathering_2009_panasonic_015.JPG

BRIAN...

#112 Jensteruk

Jensteruk
  • Forum Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 01:09 PM

A BIG Thankyou to everyone for turning up and making the gathering an AWSOME EVENT. Really pleased to meet you all and especially enjoyed meeting and flying with the DECORATORS...! ANother one to add to my list of memorable events.

A Big thanks to Big Bri and Dave for hosting the event and would like to say , the Soup was very nice dave. A really BIG thankyou to Debbs and Lynn for the soup kitchen, kept my stomach warm on a truely foul weathered weekend. :)))

Question for BIG BRI. impressed with my christmas present. the all new rev handles i got, love em but can you make me some leaders for em please m8? B)

Edited by Jensteruk, 22 November 2009 - 01:11 PM.

#113 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 01:12 PM

Civilisation found Up North,eat,drink and be merry

gathering_2009_panasonic_005.JPG

BRIAN...

#114 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 01:21 PM

Smile and the world smiles with you

gathering_2009_panasonic_035.JPG

BRIAN...

#115 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 01:36 PM

Tears of Joy,,,,,,,,,

gathering_2009_panasonic_029.JPG

BRIAN...

#116 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 01:39 PM

Small Pub,BIG Harts

SMALLEST_PUB_2009_022.JPG

BRIAN...

#117 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 01:39 PM

A BIG Thankyou to everyone for turning up and making the gathering an AWSOME EVENT. Really pleased to meet you all and especially enjoyed meeting and flying with the DECORATORS...! <snip>

Hey, It was a 'limited representation' of the team but I am glad that you enjoyed the proceedings.

I certainly enjoyed the event and also the opportunity to try some long arm treacle stuff in high winds... David E. noticed Ashley's un-tutored adoption of some aspects of the technique.

Felix

#118 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 01:49 PM

Base Camp

SMALLEST_PUB_2009_102.JPG

BRIAN...

#119 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 01:54 PM

Hey, It was a 'limited representation' of the team but I am glad that you enjoyed the proceedings.

I certainly enjoyed the event and also the opportunity to try some long arm treacle stuff in high winds... David E. noticed Ashley's un-tutored adoption of some aspects of the technique.

Felix

An Example perhaps Felix,of the Long Arm Treade.

SMALLEST_PUB_2009_054.JPG

BRIAN...

Edited by big bri, 22 November 2009 - 01:56 PM.

#120 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 02:03 PM

An Example perhaps Felix,of the Long Arm Treade.

SMALLEST_PUB_2009_054.JPG

BRIAN...

Not quite, I think.

The handles would have been horizontal and there would have been no 'bent elbows'.

It is not a relaxed configuration to adopt...

Felix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users