30 replies to this topic

#21 sammy

sammy

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:10 AM

Everyone knows mine is 120' rich is 180' Lauras is 122', steves is 120' 4 lol Aldens are clrealy 119' and brads is um not sure havnt seen him really fly..............
RABBI שמואל aka SAMMY

TEAM REV RIDERS! LETS RIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#22 melnsct

melnsct

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:30 AM

I have a fail-safe method of making lines.
I call Theresa at The Kite Shoppe and they show up on my doorstep three days later.
Easy, no hassle.
Melanie in Tennessee

#23 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:41 PM

I call Theresa at The Kite Shoppe and they show up on my doorstep three days later.
Easy, no hassle.

Clever that, isn't it? For standard line lengths it has to be the best way.

Ironically, The Decs (pre 2008 events) wound our own (125ft) and they lasted 10 years, just like the kites...

Felix

#24 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:39 PM

T sure makes good line sets. I am sure she will pretty much make "made to measure" sets if you ask her.

#25 Jynx

Jynx

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Location:West Allis (Milwaukee) WI ...and... New Smyrna Beach FL winters

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:09 PM

Easy, no hassle.

I'm with you!
Always happy and satisfied! :)

"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power,

then there will be peace"

Jimi Hendrix

Posted Image

#26 sirrom

sirrom

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:25 PM

When I make my 120's I calculate for the sleeving and knots. When I am done the length from end of loop to other end of loop is 120' give or take an inch :)

I am curious of the actual length of a bought set of 120's? Do you actually get 120 from loop to loop?

I guess the length is only critical if you team fly otherwise the length only needs to be approximate.
BRETT
(Formerly sirrom2000)
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#27 Jynx

Jynx

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Location:West Allis (Milwaukee) WI ...and... New Smyrna Beach FL winters

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:38 PM

When I make my 120's I calculate for the sleeving and knots. When I am done the length from end of loop to other end of loop is 120' give or take an inch :)

I am curious of the actual length of a bought set of 120's? Do you actually get 120 from loop to loop?

I guess the length is only critical if you team fly otherwise the length only needs to be approximate.

For team flying:
You must first determine the specific team member's individual arm lengths, find the median, then calculate your personal line length measurement. ;)

"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power,

then there will be peace"

Jimi Hendrix

Posted Image

#28 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:59 PM

And of course once you have made them and they are accurate to 1,000".

NEVER, NEVER, EVER use them to fly with. Cuz they will stretch.

Keep them nice and safe and warm, in thier own little pocket in your bag.

Then when you are asked if you have any 120's you can proudly get them out and say with a smug grin on your face "yes, these are my 120's"

Then put them away, nice and safe again. Less the Sunlight might fade the pureness of the line. Or the breeze ruffle the neatness of the wind. Goodness forbid a little sand gets on them. :innocent:

NAH, second thoughts, get em somewhere near 120, dont worry about being inch perfect, that is for folks that are retentive, we are FREE SPIRITS, fly the heck out of them. Check them once in a while to make sure the top lines and bottom lines are the same length, then fly the heck out of them again. :devil:

#29 Jeepster

Jeepster

Curmudgeon

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:12 AM

And of course once you have made them and they are accurate to 1,000".

NEVER, NEVER, EVER use them to fly with. Cuz they will stretch.

Keep them nice and safe and warm, in thier own little pocket in your bag.

Then when you are asked if you have any 120's you can proudly get them out and say with a smug grin on your face "yes, these are my 120's"

Then put them away, nice and safe again. Less the Sunlight might fade the pureness of the line. Or the breeze ruffle the neatness of the wind. Goodness forbid a little sand gets on them. :innocent:

NAH, second thoughts, get em somewhere near 120, dont worry about being inch perfect, that is for folks that are retentive, we are FREE SPIRITS, fly the heck out of them. Check them once in a while to make sure the top lines and bottom lines are the same length, then fly the heck out of them again. :devil:

What the bear said!!!

Cheers,
Tom

#30 Simon

Simon

Rev Legend

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:23 AM

This is why Gary lets me make as many sets as possible ! And I enjoy making lines.

I made ALL our dual Line sets, so you could if you wanted swap a single line between any of the sets and they are the same.

Same idea with the Quad sets, I know I made 6 plus sets (its a lot of line !!!), these sets are now combined with our Custom Team handles, with the leaders which are our own dimension (basically no adjusting on the bottom lines, its ALL on top.

I'm from the Old School on this and like the "kit" to be set up the same

The Flying Squad

Posted Image

#31 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:00 AM

This is why Gary lets me make as many sets as possible ! And I enjoy making lines.

I made ALL our dual Line sets, so you could if you wanted swap a single line between any of the sets and they are the same.

Same idea with the Quad sets, I know I made 6 plus sets (its a lot of line !!!), these sets are now combined with our Custom Team handles, with the leaders which are our own dimension (basically no adjusting on the bottom lines, its ALL on top.

I'm from the Old School on this and like the "kit" to be set up the same

:) ,ME 2

BRIAN...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users