4 replies to this topic

#1 JMZ

JMZ

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:08 PM

I just found this sail panel layout flown by The Flying Squad and think it's marvelous:
Posted Image

It looks especially sharp on the 1.5s!

Who designed it?

Edited by JMZ, 28 October 2009 - 03:09 PM.

#2 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:24 PM

I just found this sail panel layout flown by The Flying Squad and think it's marvelous:

Who designed it?

The panel layout is in actuality the standard REV 1.5 production 9 panel version from the time period 2000-2003. The color layout is custom.
There are four panels on each side plus the center.
As and example one of the standards was aqua/white/blue/black with a white center.
TFS choose the a special scheme of blue/blue/white/black with a white center.
It was a very clever choice.

After looking more closely it appears that the upper two, being different, are the present(since 2004) eleven panel layout.
The panels have the special color scheme of: blue/blue/white/white/black with a white center.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#3 Stephen Hoath

Stephen Hoath

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:49 AM

Who designed it?

Many thanks for the kind words.

The sail layout is a standard Rev layout. Lolly and the team were then kind enough to make us some custom colours. The skins are getting on for 8 years old and have seen some very heavy use, we have now also got a set of Bazzer Twisters and a set of Gonzalez printed SULs. We love flying them all but the original is still as good a kite as it ever was.

John is of course right, the top two are the later panel layout in as close a match to the older ones that we could get. They fly the same but I still prefer the bolder layout of the older sail. Old School is still Good School.

TTFN

Stephen Hoath

<a href="http://www.baidesign.net" rel="nofollow">Bai Design</a>

cappalatte-150x90.jpg

#4 Simon

Simon

Rev Legend

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:17 AM

Many thanks for the kind words.

The sail layout is a standard Rev layout. Lolly and the team were then kind enough to make us some custom colours. The skins are getting on for 8 years old and have seen some very heavy use, we have now also got a set of Bazzer Twisters and a set of Gonzalez printed SULs. We love flying them all but the original is still as good a kite as it ever was.

John is of course right, the top two are the later panel layout in as close a match to the older ones that we could get. They fly the same but I still prefer the bolder layout of the older sail. Old School is still Good School.

TTFN

As Stephen has said, Old School is the only School.

We also have a set of Vented in this panel layout too Vented Link or Blasts Link

The Twisters and the SUL, are now following our latest evolution and we would love some ideas for where this goes next with our Vented or Semi Vented, if anyone has any ideas using the style of the SUL & Twister what thats the next step????

Email us using our contacts page, which, by the way is used by Festival organisers for any invites too. Yes we know the link doesnt work its to stop SPAM.

The Flying Squad

Posted Image

#5 JMZ

JMZ

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:28 PM

My favourite of the two designs is the "thicker" one... that is to say, the layout that shows up on the two matching kites (the two that are at the bottom of the photo).

If you ever decide to sell them, please keep me in mind, I could be interested in one or two sails.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users