8 replies to this topic

#1 beach

beach

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 07:01 PM

Well I'm at the Airwaves event in Ohio and yes it's cold and damp but of course that never stops us and we had a pretty good day and tomorrow should even be better. The spot I'm in is where the voice of America used to be sent out from years ago and is to this day a very large radio spot and the history that goes on here is just incredible. I was able to spend my afternoon seeing and learning about this place and how the Voice of America broadcast all over the world telling people what was going on,many amazing people have broadcast from this station including many different presidents all in the name of freedom and I was even able to broadcast some myself today and all of you family members from far away who heard me it's true what I do I do for all of us out here kitting each and every day no matter what.......I felt really honored to be here and to be a small part of this place that durring so much, be it war or flood or fire kept on sending those signals all around the globe so people that were unable to hear a voice in there own land would hear ours and know that there is a voice in the darkness and they care. Then to top it all off they let me come in and set a few kites around the control room and take some pictures of me and the kites among all of this stuff and when I get home I'll post some of the photos for all of you to see. So today the Voice if America met the Kite of America and once again sent out those signals saying we care and that Revolution cares and is there in the forefront, it's time like these family that make it all worth it for me and it makes me proud to be an American and proud to be a small part of Revolution. It's all about one kiter reaching out his hand to a world of other kiters who are there for them no matter what, good wind, no wind, cold or rain it does'nt matter we are all united...........
Thank You All No Matter Where You Are Or the Kite You Fly
Your All My Family
Ben

#2 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 07:09 PM

That was very touching Ben. I hope you're having fun.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#3 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 06:17 AM

ben you are my distant brother :lol: and you are always family to me my man
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#4 Kitezen

Kitezen

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 07:48 AM

Well said Ben, very inspiring, I have goose bumps. I think being in the kite family is a real good place to be. Thanks for getting the message out, if more people knew how great this sport is, the world would be a better place. People would replace their environment damaging, complicated hobbies with kiting. Just imagine that impact alone. I think if we could put some revs/kites in the hands of our world leaders, they would have a different outlook, and try harder for world peace, and the betterment of all mankind. Gee, if we could get them to team fly together, good things would just happen.

#5 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 08:27 AM

What an amazing world that would be!

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#6 Fool

Fool
  • Forum Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 07:39 AM

I hope those pictures, I helped take, turn out for you Ben. Nice meeting you and we hope to see you back next year with better weather of course. . . :lol: I'm definitely going to have to get myself a vented B-series though. And hopefully I'll see you all at Grand Haven as well. ;)
Chris Taylor

#7 beach

beach

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 05:39 PM

Chris good choice and thanks for all your help. Well family heres the picture I told you about of me and the kites.....Bem :rolleyes:

Attached Thumbnails

• ShowLetter_4_.jpg
  • ShowLetter_4_.jpg

#8 StringDriver

StringDriver
  • Forum Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 11:10 PM

Ben,

You look like a natural in those pics!

It was great to meet you and great to get to learn to fly on four lines. The winds WERE strong, and also steady, which gave me a chance to learn while in the company of Mike, Fool and Ken.

As a member of the club hosting the event: THANKS FOR JOINING US!!!

String ;)

p.s. I only wish I had a picture of the look on my face when Mike and Fool "snuck up" on me while I was shadow boxing with your lattice Rev. You three REALLY got me on that one ! :mellow:

#9 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 05:53 PM

man ben no matter what you always know how to mix work with play :lol: boy i gotta say ben has the dream job doesnt he??? ;)
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users