83 replies to this topic

#41 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:00 AM

I have spoken with Chris at the CoppelHouse B&B earlier.He still has some rooms available for anyone that wants a nice place to stay.Along with a proper English Brekkie,at a reasonable cost.Ther are already several booked in with Chris.

The Links here again as a remindder for those waiting on shift patterns or the weather

http://www.thecopplehouse.co.uk/

Telephone is,,,,01704-530413

Have a goodn fellas and Ladys

BRIAN...

#42 BAZ

BAZ

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:29 AM

Well FINALLY got to sort work shifts out
so caravan site is booked (willowbank) friday to monday morning
looking forward to see you all and to have a great weekend
add me to your list please Bri
all the best
Baz

Edited by BAZ, 23 October 2009 - 06:30 AM.

Maker of the ULTRA NO SNAG HANDLES

BAZ

ani_victory.gif

#43 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:07 AM

Well FINALLY got to sort work shifts out
so caravan site is booked (willowbank) friday to monday morning
looking forward to see you all and to have a great weekend
add me to your list please Bri
all the best
Baz

Excellent news ..... you bringing the family?? Mine seem determined to come no matter what I tell them ;)

#44 BAZ

BAZ

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:14 AM

Excellent news ..... you bringing the family?? Mine seem determined to come no matter what I tell them ;)

Just me and the wife on this trip
nearly got away with coming on my own !!!
look forward to seeing you
Baz

Maker of the ULTRA NO SNAG HANDLES

BAZ

ani_victory.gif

#45 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:11 AM

Shall add ya to the list Baz.

Welcome onboard.My Family have taken some intrest.Looks like the Mrs will be on the end of a T Pot[i hope]and a camera ,,,shes a goodn

BRIAN...

#46 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:24 AM

Shall add ya to the list Baz.

Welcome onboard.My Family have taken some intrest.Looks like the Mrs will be on the end of a T Pot[i hope]and a camera ,,,shes a goodn

BRIAN...

So who's makin' the baby burgers then? :)
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#47 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:22 PM

When the weather is fine.Thers an Ice Cream van.Also thers a mobile catreing van,hot dogs,burgers,and stuff.They arent as frequent though this time of year.

BRIAN...

#48 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:26 PM

Ive been to Ainsdale and Southport Today.Some of the B7Bs are now getting full.One is full that i mentioned.The other is near full.Anyone needs any help with finding a place close to everyone.Please ask and i will make sure your sorted with some options.Beech looked awsome at Ainsdale btw.I cant wait for it allof us to Get It On,,,yeh

Ok,lets get this bit over with[bites lip,quite nervous here].I[who am,knobody special at alli. a kite daft bloke who somtimes is a little over zelous]

I posted this on another thread.I hope i speak for all my freinds with what ive posted.I did think long and hard about even bothering.I didnt wana upset anyone or seem to point any fingers.I hate confruntation realy.Im a big fella,but a big happy fella.I do think though.This needed to be said for the sake of our gathering.The sake of piece and Harmony to.

Please,read it and Dont Shoot The Messanger,,,please

Yehhh,hope you can make it Dazz.I hope all you guys and gals can make it,That would be brill.....realy kewl.Loadsa new freinds for Christmas,,,lol.A beech fulla rev heads and kite people......OOOooo,brill

Can i say though.I dont expect anyone to arrive at Ainsdale and start peddling ther wears.Anyone from anywher.Whatever ther wears maybe.The thought doesnt even register with me.Anyone that views the freinds gathering as a sales Opportunity to promote anything or fill ther pockets, needs to know.Thats not on.I sorta find the idea disrespectfull toward us all, and thats everyone.No one person has mentioned anything to me or any of the people hear about any kites or stuff being peddle,sold or offered to anyone.The gathering is about a fun freindly fly.With kite folk and freinds.
.Its Not just the Ainsdale gathering either All of the gatherings weve had.When this Gathering idea was born.The good people did it for the right reason.
When everyone bought into this idea of a freinds gathering.They bought into it,because its kewl idea of spreading the word and helping eachother learn.Make new freinds and what goes around comes around.
I know most folk that are coming.Ive met most of them more than once or twice.I call them freinds.They call me freind i hope.
Good kite people.People who are into driving 300miles or so.Just to fly,help and be with freinds.Some good friends will be made at Ainsdale.Some Old freindships will be renewed.Tales told,kites flown,ale drank,,,,in small pubs. Its about freinds and kite flying.Helping freinds with ther kite flying.Taking the P outa the JJJordies.Teaching folk from Dawn Sawth to talk proper.Get Bruce clicking away on his camera,so hes to hard at it to eat the cakes.
Most of all.Spreading a good happy vibe and the Kite word.In it.....

Lets all have a safe trip,a good time .Then next time.We can all come down your neck of the woods and do it all again......YEHHH.Put more miles on Daves car,all the Daves and the JJJJordies cars...lol

Sorry,i had to get that off my chest.I feel better now,,,piece and love people.

Hey Daz,this isnt in anyway aimed toward you,,,,NO Way pal.Took me two hours to type this.I dont know you well enough yet to spend two hours alone....lol

BRIAN...

#49 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:40 PM

Ive been to Ainsdale and Southport Today.

<snip>

BRIAN...

Brian,

I will endorse your sentiment for a second time! Well said...

Looking forward to meeting with all the 'Revolution Fliers' and sharing collective knowledge..

It will be just a few of the Decs but we hope to contribute comprehensively.

Felix

#50 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:44 PM

Nice sentiment Bri, but can I 'ave me soap box back now. please. :)
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#51 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:05 PM

Nice sentiment Bri, but can I 'ave me soap box back now. please. :)

Go on then...

What have you got to add <grins>

Felix

#52 andelscott

andelscott

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:25 PM

Can i say though.I dont expect anyone to arrive at Ainsdale and start peddling ther wears.

Awww - you don't want me to bring my curried kebab and pot noodle truck then? :devil:

[Lights blue touchpaper and retires....]
Andy

#53 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:36 PM

Must be a fair soap box Bob to hold me pal.

Its all yours now again.

Dont try and bribe us with exotic dishes from far away place like,,,,,,,Stoke,,,lol

Thanks for the replys fellas.

Keep the faith and goodnight

BRIAN...

#54 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:42 PM

Must be a fair soap box Bob to hold me pal.

Its all yours now again.

Dont try and bribe us with exotic dishes from far away place like,,,,,,,Stoke,,,lol

Thanks for the replys fellas.

Keep the faith and goodnight

BRIAN...

Brian,

From the other thread:-

Here is an idea... I would like 4 fliers to 'volunteer' to fly the kites (ex-iQuad) at the event as a 'team' during the course of the weekend.

They should expect to take part in the Mega Team efforts as a unit as well.

I think that it could be very constructive if the 4 fliers were 'selected' by a raffle like process... (no payment I think at this stage <grins>)

What do you think?

I know that this message should really be in the other thread (it is now)

Felix

#55 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 01:24 PM

Brian,

From the other thread:-

Here is an idea... I would like 4 fliers to 'volunteer' to fly the kites (ex-iQuad) at the event as a 'team' during the course of the weekend.

They should expect to take part in the Mega Team efforts as a unit as well.

I think that it could be very constructive if the 4 fliers were 'selected' by a raffle like process... (no payment I think at this stage <grins>)

What do you think?

I know that this message should really be in the other thread (it is now)

Felix

Sounds like a great idea Felix.
BRIAN...

#56 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 01:34 PM

Sounds like a great idea Felix.
BRIAN...

Brian,

It's 'your' event so how would you like it to be organised...?

Should we wait to see how many fliers would commit? <grins> (I would like to be prepared...)

Felix

#57 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:25 PM

Brian,

It's 'your' event so how would you like it to be organised...?

Should we wait to see how many fliers would commit? <grins> (I would like to be prepared...)

Felix

Im very happy for you to organise that Felix.Thanks for asking though first :) .Would be somthing to look forward to also.

I would do somthing along these lines below.That would add a twist and get the names for Organising stuff,pre gathering,but its your call.I would rather leave it to you.

What about.I number the definate confirmed pilots on the list.The first four numbers out of the machine.On next weeks jack pot Lottery.That match up to our pilots numbers.Get the spots to fly.Gives three weeks of practice and to organise.Makes it a little more exciting also.

BRIAN... B)

#58 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:16 AM

Re the above, why restrict it to 4 fliers for the ex iQuad kites. With the overlap in wind range would it not be possible to have at least one alternate team? If it is a question of suitable rods I am happy to lend a swap out set.

Also while I am typing, I am not interested in team flying. Would be happy if you kept me out of the raffle. Thanks.

#59 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:08 AM

Re the above, why restrict it to 4 fliers for the ex iQuad kites. With the overlap in wind range would it not be possible to have at least one alternate team? If it is a question of suitable rods I am happy to lend a swap out set.

Also while I am typing, I am not interested in team flying. Would be happy if you kept me out of the raffle. Thanks.

I was going to suggest that those flyers interested should make themselves known. If there are only 4 that will be fine.

I have not looked very closely at all of the kites but the SUL framed and Standard framed sails are probably the same so, yes, it could be an eight person team providing that suitable rods are available... Maybe, as you suggest, there should be two teams. I would not suggest that they should 'compete', of course.

I will have to leave Ainsdale mid afternoon on Sunday!

Felix

#60 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:17 AM

Im very happy for you to organise that Felix.Thanks for asking though first :) .Would be somthing to look forward to also.

I would do somthing along these lines below.That would add a twist and get the names for Organising stuff,pre gathering,but its your call.I would rather leave it to you.

What about.I number the definate confirmed pilots on the list.The first four numbers out of the machine.On next weeks jack pot Lottery.That match up to our pilots numbers.Get the spots to fly.Gives three weeks of practice and to organise.Makes it a little more exciting also.

BRIAN... B)

I would not want, in any way, to impose on anyone so, as in my other message please could fliers let us know if they would like to be involved. I had not thought of selecting the team ahead of the event but that is a possibility. I was also mindful of conditions 'on the day' that might need to be taken into account.

If 'on the day' were the selected option, names on paper slips could be pulled from 'a hat'.

Felix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users