54 replies to this topic

#21 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:37 PM

Well,the dates are now set.Sorry if it doesnt work for ya.A definate hazard is that it wont be kewl for everyone.

So,November 21st Saturday and 22nd Sunday,Some may require the Friday also-20th Friday.

Here are a couple of the guesthouses i have spoken with.Ther fully aware of what we are doing [old guys playing on a beech...lol].

The Copplehouse-Helen and Chris are a realy nice couple.The rooms and guesthouse are i think ideal.Parking is free infront of the Guesthouse.Which is a real bonus in Southport.Double Yellows a T wardens everywher.They have,3 twins,3 doubles and one single.The cost for the weekend[2 nights b&b]£55 per person the single is a little more£30.Please mention the Kites,me or what we are doing in Southport/Ainsdale and ask for the reduced rates

Link and info here- http://www.thecopplehouse.co.uk/

The Cresent House-Chris Harrison is a nice Lady.Fully aware of us and what we are doing.Parking again is Free infront of the Guesthouse.The Guesthouse is directly across the road from the First Guesthouse.Ideal location.Ther are,2 twins,3 doubles,2 family double,3 singles.Cost is slightly less at £50 for two nights bed and breakfast.Chris didnt give me any increase for a single.Bonus.Please mention,Myself, Kites/and what we are doing in Southport/Ainsdale, to refresh Chris,s memory and to get the reduced rates

http://www.crescenthousehotel.co.uk/

CARAVANERS
The site below i have used and can reccommend.Superb location for Ainsdale and all the local attractions.Cleanest site ive ever used anywher.Its streight forward to find also and on a great link road.Freindly run site.I think some others maybe on with you that are away on Hols atm

http://www.willowbankcp.co.uk/
Please let me know how you get on Booking

DAY TRIPPERS,
Anyone wanting to Day Trip are very welcome.The above Guesthouses do a single nights stay if that is required.
People who just wana drive in for a day trip.The links and Motorways are very good.I will post Localised directions soon
Trains,Again are super in location to the venue.Well within walking distance or i can arrange a pick up at the station.
Airport,Liverpools easy Jet,again not very far from Southport/Ainsdale.Airport collection im sure we can sort and help.

Anyone need anything like,Local Church for Sunday mass,Picking up at the Train Station,Airport.Special Dietry Requests.Hospital ,Chemist Rota and wana keep it private.Please use my e mail and i will help all i can.

kiteflyerbri@talktalk.net

I will post a Google map and some Localised directions soon.Along with some other intresting info.

I will also post some times ,ideas,food and drink venues that may suit our gathering

All have a good weekend.I hope many more can come along and benefit in many ways, from a Freindly gathering of Like Minded LOOOOONATICS...lol

BRIAN...

Edited by big bri, 09 October 2009 - 07:33 AM.

#22 Harrier

Harrier

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:41 AM

Accommodation booked, now just booking some nice breezy Mega Vent weather for one of the days and we will be well sorted.

#23 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:33 AM

Kewl,i beleive thers other bookings already when i spoke to them earlier ..... :)

Should be good.All of us in close to everything.Southport is a realy nice place to visit.Theyve spent tens of Millions on reconstruction and Modernisation.Quite a trendy area,with some old worldly,quirky place to visit.Not at all a Typical seaside town.
Thers a large amount of large open space in Southport.Its not all sand.Thers some big open green areas also.Big on water sports.Marine Lake has Yatch club and Water skiers.Its certainly a popular Golf area.Naturalist Paradise.Bird Watching Heaven.

Southport has a very large beech.Easy walking distance from the Guesthouses.The sand ther tends to be Tacky,sticky.A little like Mud almost.Ther are better green areas that i would prefare to use if i was ther flying.
Ainsdale which is 4 mile away,is completely diffrent.Fine sand with dunes.The beech is Miles long and very,very wide.The tide leaves pools that are great to fly over or use as obsticles and tests of nerve.Ther only ankle deep though.When the wind blows out to sea,its a treat to showboat skimming waves.We love Ainsdale to fly at and respect the area.Have a great relationship with the Wardens and other users of the beech.Thers a regular bunch that come and watch us now.I think weve become an Attraction without actually realising it.Weird somtimes when ya turn around and thers folk videoing and clicking away at ya.
Ther can be as many as Fifty Power kiters,20 blow carts and other flyers sometimes at weekends.Dont worry though.thers MASSES of room for everyone.Room has never even been a thought,consideration.Even in high summer.The Big Kites[best way to put it]have a beech area of ther own and dont encroach on the Best side or our bit[miles of our bit]

The lads up here are quite excited about the Gathering.I hope they can consentrate at Tomorrows team Practice.

BRIAN...

#24 Trumpet

Trumpet
  • Forum Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 04:40 AM

Thinking about coming to the event,

Are there any caravan site near that anyone can recomend?

Stu

#25 play365

play365

The Flying Squad

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 05:30 AM

Well I hope you all have a good time I wont be able to make it ( done far to many this year) oh and don't eat to many babies :o :o

Edited by play365, 09 October 2009 - 09:30 AM.

GARY

Posted Image

#26 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:15 AM

Thinking about coming to the event,

Are there any caravan site near that anyone can recomend?

Stu

Try the one below for Camping.I have been ther a few times with the Caravan.Its very close to the beech[easy walk]and on a good link to all the main areas.
The site itself is spotless.Cleanest Wash areas ive ever used on a touring site.

http://www.willowbankcp.co.uk/
Please let me know how you get on with booking

BRIAN...

#27 david ellison

david ellison

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:30 AM

Thanks Brian for the links. Room booked and passport organised. Sun, crisp air and twelve mph off the sea please B)

#28 andelscott

andelscott

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 04:05 AM

Thanks Brian for the links. Room booked and passport organised. Sun, crisp air and twelve mph off the sea please B)

Room booked for a mystery room share.... Just need to ensure work doesn't encroach now! :blink:
Andy

#29 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:46 AM

Excellent fellas.Excellent.

If we get anything like the wind and weather weve had Today,,,,Boy O Boy,your infor a real treat.Mid vent almost all dat.After a foggy trip to Ainsdale,couldnt beleive the Sweet weather.Then, how well the lads flew Today.They wher...INSPIERED and REVED UP.

Ile roll out the red ripstop and dancing girls for ya.

The lads are realy looking forward to meeting some new and old freinds again.I cant sleep dreaming about it...lol.
Ile let the weekend get outa the way and find wher and what everyones Travel and ETA plans are.Then we can meet up when you arrive.

Nice One

BRIAN...

#30 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 11:53 AM

...... The lads are realy looking forward to meeting some new and old freinds again.I cant sleep dreaming about it...lol.
Ile let the weekend get outa the way and find wher and what everyones Travel and ETA plans are.Then we can meet up when you arrive.

Nice One

BRIAN...

Nice one Bri. Thanks for all the effort you have put into this. If pleasure out bears any correlation to effort in, we are in for a great weekend, I'm really looking forward to it, in spite of what Gary says about the local delicacy. ;)

Just a suggestion, how about you edit in a list of those attending, into your opening post, in the same way John does in Global Rev Count, I know it means extra work and I would be happy to do it but the first post is yours and I obviously canít access it, you can.

Thanks again, Great Job.
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#31 G-Force

G-Force
  • Forum Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 12:17 PM

Hear hear - just what Bri said

By 8:30am the mist melted away and we had 2 mph early doors building to 10 mph by 10:30 am - due westerly, straight off the Irish Sea - absolutely sweeeeeet - can there be a smoother wind in the UK?

Well done Bri for organising the "It's not that grim up norf rev gathering". Looking forward to it so much I MIGHT even buy a new hat.

Richard

#32 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 01:30 AM

Hello people,,
Good idea Bob.I will do the list Sometime Tomorrow[Monday]

Its realy gathering pace now.Just need some of the more softer southern softies to jump onboard..Thers over a Dozen of us now.A great mix of pilots and characters.Which should all mix into a realy Kewl Vibe for everyone who makes the effort,trip,and gets to taste some PROPER PORK PIES,LOBBIES,BABIES YEDS AND PEA WET WI SCRATCHINS....

Of ta OSOW.
Have a great day all

NEWS FLASH,,,,,,Frasers been intouch.Hes in prison,said somthing about £100million.Hes been in for two weeks and its sent him mental

or was it

Frasers been intouch,theyve just started to build a £100million prison.Only into the build project for 2weeks and its driving him mental..LOL

Fraser Says hes fit and well,would love to come along and is moving Heaven and earth to get down here.He send his regards.
Musant have Tintanet in sell block H

BRIAN...Edit for Fraser News,,,,

Edited by big bri, 11 October 2009 - 01:41 AM.

#33 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 01:49 AM

Hello people,,
Good idea Bob.I will do the list Sometime Tomorrow[Monday]

Its realy gathering pace now.Just need some of the more softer southern softies to jump onboard..Thers over a Dozen of us now.A great mix of pilots and characters.Which should all mix into a realy Kewl Vibe for everyone who makes the effort,trip,and gets to taste some PROPER PORK PIES,LOBBIES,BABIES YEDS AND PEA WET WI SCRATCHINS....

Of ta OSOW.
Have a great day all

BRIAN...

Count me as one Southern Softy confirmed, having just received permission to land the Learjet nearby I have booked accommodation to suit ... now where did I leave my sleeping bag?

#34 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 10:26 AM

Welcome aboard this 360 flight to Ainsdale.We all hope you enjoy your stay in God County.

Now for a short safety video,

BRIAN... :)

#35 PeterN

PeterN
  • Forum Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 12:06 PM

Hi Bri,
Just been to a fly in with the N.E.K.F. today, looks like a car load of us are coming down from the North for one of the days. :)
Regards
Pete

#36 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 12:25 PM

Hi Bri,
Just been to a fly in with the N.E.K.F. today, looks like a car load of us are coming down from the North for one of the days. :)
Regards
Pete

From the North??? you mean there's even more North ;)

#37 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 12:34 PM

Now for a short safety video,

BRIAN... :)

And they do this for fun?

From the North??? you mean there's even more North ;)

My thoughts exactly.

I am right, I will need my passport to go past Birmingham wonít I?
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#38 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 12:55 PM

And I think you live up North Bob ....... should we be be taking beads to trade ;)

#39 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 10:10 PM

Hi Bri,
Regards
Pete

:) Hello Peter.
Great News mate.Welcome to the forum and onboard with the Gathering.Thanks for posting the News,marvelous

Dont think ther will be much rape and Pilage though,sorry.Its mainly southern Blokes,so bring the usual stuff.Rope, a few extra clubs,axes and some Fire will be usefull....lol

Atleast we will Eat....... :lol:

BRIAN...

#40 PeterN

PeterN
  • Forum Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 12:35 AM

Thanks Bri,

There should be 4 of us so should help keep the balance right!! :)

Pete

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users