Old Rev

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JAMBO101

JAMBO101
  • Forum Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 01:36 AM

Got the kiting bug around 20 years ago and bought all the popular kites at the time Hawaiins,Peter Powells,Dyna kites and Flexi foils etc,havent flown them much over the past 10 years but a friend of mines exuberance over kiting has reawakened the passion.The last kite i bought way back when was a Revolution kite i forget the model name but its about 4ft from end to end,i havent flown it in ten years and remember it being a real hoot to fly until i broke one of the lines,i replaced the line but it never flew as well after the repair it was very reluctant to make a turn, once i get it out again i'm hoping the mistake i made was just placement of the down spars..

#2 JMZ

JMZ

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:20 AM

Yahoo!... there's a face that I recognize! Welcome Jim.

I didn't realize that you've had those kites for so long... I really thought you'd got them all recently like I did. Thanks for re-introducing me to kiting... life was getting pretty dull there for a while.

Choccy has told me that the smaller Rev will be easier to handle on longer lines. I have on pair of 100 lines I can lend you if you have a second pair. I can field adjust the four lines so that they are exactly the same length for you. Then, we google map the nearest football field to your place and you can get yourself a ton of practice in these great winds we're getting lately.

Let's see if we can't both be flying our Revs nicely for the "One Sky, One World" get-togethers at Varennes and or East Angus!

J

Got the kiting bug around 20 years ago and bought all the popular kites at the time Hawaiins,Peter Powells,Dyna kites and Flexi foils etc,havent flown them much over the past 10 years but a friend of mines exuberance over kiting has reawakened the passion.The last kite i bought way back when was a Revolution kite i forget the model name but its about 4ft from end to end,i havent flown it in ten years and remember it being a real hoot to fly until i broke one of the lines,i replaced the line but it never flew as well after the repair it was very reluctant to make a turn, once i get it out again i'm hoping the mistake i made was just placement of the down spars..

#3 JAMBO101

JAMBO101
  • Forum Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 05:06 AM

Wind??Montreal has to be the least windy place on Earth,think we've had 1 windy day this year :wacko: Which might be great for these new fangled ultra light stunt kites but my older kites wont even get off the ground in anything less than 10mph.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users